Turn on thread page Beta

I have been vomiting blood. watch

ReputationRep:
    I cough but mostly throw up blood alot.

About once (sometimes twice) a day. Is this anything to do with my liver? I do drink alot.... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Constantine)
    I cough but mostly throw up blood alot.

About once (sometimes twice) a day. Is this anything to do with my liver? I do drink alot.... :rolleyes:
    no, people don't normally cough up blood... you seriously need to see a doctor!

ReputationRep:
    Go and see a doctor now. Coughing up blood shouldn't be happening.

ReputationRep:
    That bad? And i dont cough it up, i throw it up i swear i probably lose a pint of blood every 3 days.

ReputationRep:
    yeah constantine you should ought to see a doctor hunny incase its serious xoxo

ReputationRep:
    That bad? And i dont cough it up, i throw it up i swear i probably lose a pint of blood every 3 days.
    :s: go and see a doctor! make an appointment as soon as you can, could be serious, this should not be happening....
    well, uh is it coughing up (like the blood coming out of your lungs? ~ very serious I would think)
    or throwing up (coming from your stomach?)
    I mean, both could be serious, but well... just go and see a doctor as soon as you can!

ReputationRep:
    but that means waiting in queue....

ReputationRep:

yeah I'd rather die than wait in a queue...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SammyD)
    yeah I'd rather die than wait in a queue...
    Same here!

ReputationRep:
    Type your symptoms into Google and see what it says. You could also try NHS Direct. When it comes to medical stuff, I don't know anything. From what you've decribed though, it does sound serious and you should see your doctor ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    Don't type your symptoms into google, go and see a person. Google always worries me, and it's much better seeing someone who can assess you personally rather than pop up websites with matching words that might not even be legit.

I've had a problem with panic attacks over the last year where I throw up and then bring up blood afterwards. I was worried so I saw my Doctor, it turns out it's just damage from being sick (yuck) but my blood loss is nowhere near a pint. I have a friend who throws up blood who has a liver disorder, I know someone who threw up blood due to an allergic reaction. My point is, it could be a symptom of lots of different things. Try not to worry for now, but see a Doctor as soon as possible and they can treat you for you. As much as people on here will want to help, we can't.

ReputationRep:
    if ure a serious drinker, could be liver damage... but here are the few reasons behind (one of em can be the source)

Common Causes Return to top

* Pulmonary infection (bacterial or viral infection in the lung or airway)
    o Bronchitis
    o Bronchiectasis
    o Laryngitis
    o Pneumonia
    * Lung cancer (see metastatic lung cancer)
    * Irritation of the throat from violent coughing
    * Pulmonary embolus
    * Cystic fibrosis
    * Pulmonary aspiration (inhaling blood into the lungs)
    o From bleeding gums, such as with gingivitis
    o Nosebleed (epistaxis)
    o Tonsillectomy
    * Diagnostic tests, such as bronchoscopy, upper airway biopsy, laryngoscopy, lung biopsy, mediastinoscopy, or spirometry
    * Tuberculosis (TB)
    * Pulmonary edema
    * Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
    * Goodpasture's syndrome
    * Wegener's granulomatosis

ReputationRep:
    I'm shocked that ur vomiting blood and u think the best course of action (maybe even after waiting 3 days) is to start a rather casual thread, rather than to see a doctor. I'm not a very medically person, but i don't see how liver damage would cause u to vomit blood. It could be a variety of things to do with ur stomach tho.
    See a doctor. Take a book to read in the queue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasht)
    if ure a serious drinker, could be liver damage... but here are the few reasons behind (one of em can be the source)

Common Causes Return to top

* Pulmonary infection (bacterial or viral infection in the lung or airway)
    o Bronchitis
    o Bronchiectasis
    o Laryngitis
    o Pneumonia
    * Lung cancer (see metastatic lung cancer)
    * Irritation of the throat from violent coughing
    * Pulmonary embolus
    * Cystic fibrosis
    * Pulmonary aspiration (inhaling blood into the lungs)
    o From bleeding gums, such as with gingivitis
    o Nosebleed (epistaxis)
    o Tonsillectomy
    * Diagnostic tests, such as bronchoscopy, upper airway biopsy, laryngoscopy, lung biopsy, mediastinoscopy, or spirometry
    * Tuberculosis (TB)
    * Pulmonary edema
    * Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
    * Goodpasture's syndrome
    * Wegener's granulomatosis
    Wow!

ReputationRep:
    never mind the internet, and leave TSR for God's sake!
    Go to a doctor, or go to the emergency doctor and quick!

ReputationRep:
    i got that off a webbie... but hey, i know 2-3 causese of such symptoms. I just do hope it is not anything major

you dont throw up blood with pulmonary oedema or infact most in that long list.
    Two major causes are from a bleeding ulcer in the stomach/duodenum, or from oesphogeal varices (which themselves are invariably from drinking, but take YEARS to develop).

If the poster is genuine, and not some muppet who keeps throwing up last nights strawberry 20-20/cherryade pop, then he aught seek quick medical attention, or suffer the consequences.

Jamie

ReputationRep:
    go to see a doctor. Don't leave it to get worse, make an appointment asap.

ReputationRep:
    get a doctor on call.....im sure theres one in your area? you should be able to get an emergency appointment and by law you should be able to see a doctor within 48 hours of your request xoxo

ReputationRep:
    if its serious and you leave it you could well die.

and if that thought isn't neough to make you see a doctoe..then i don't know what else we can say to help!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 25, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.