Turn on thread page Beta

The Iron Maiden Society watch

ReputationRep:
    The Reincarnation of the Maiden Society!

It seems to have hit another dead period so I thought I'd post.

Currently listening to my Maiden discography, started with Iron Maiden and now on Killers. Over 16 hours (nearly 200 songs) :thrasher:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wicker_man)
    The Reincarnation of the Maiden Society!
    :rofl: I've got an urge to write the lyrics for that now...

It seems to have hit another dead period so I thought I'd post.
    Yeah, most of the members seem to have forgotten we exist here

Currently listening to my Maiden discography, started with Iron Maiden and now on Killers. Over 16 hours (nearly 200 songs) :thrasher:
    Sounds like a good idea, actually... *puts on "Iron Maiden"* :bang:

Got any further yet? :cool:

-Forgotmytea

ReputationRep:
    I got to Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, but having a break and listening to some new albums I've got (Avantasia- The Metal Opera I, Korpiklaani- Voice Of Wilderness, Mastodon- Blood Mountain, Metal Church- Metal Church, Norther- Death Unlimited & Mirror Of Madness and Sodom- Sodom).

Ahh so much metal!

I'd love to go on the Bruce Air trip (14 March) to Belgrade, shame I don't have a spare £350!

ReputationRep:
    I got to Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, but having a break and listening to some new albums I've got (Avantasia- The Metal Opera I, Korpiklaani- Voice Of Wilderness, Mastodon- Blood Mountain, Metal Church- Metal Church, Norther- Death Unlimited & Mirror Of Madness and Sodom- Sodom).

Ahh so much metal!

I'd love to go on the Bruce Air trip (14 March) to Belgrade, shame I don't have a spare £350!
    Yeah, that'd be great :bang: I'm hoping that one day I'll be able to go on that, but uni time and money constraints have stopped this time as well...

Ah well, until then I'll have to do with listening to albums :thrasher: And of course DragonForce, Kamelot, Bruce's solo work..... I won't be short of metal anytime soon, which is good with the amount of uni work I have to plough through...

-Forgotmytea

ReputationRep:
    Aces High is my favourite song, although some of the songs off the latest album are brilliant too - I like These Colours Don't Run.

P.S. I just applied for membership here

ReputationRep:
    I saw Maiden at download 2007 !

They were as amazing as you would expect, and they played the trooper ( which they didnt when i saw them in december at the Birmingham NEC)

They said the performance will be recorded for a dvd !

I cant wait till the middle years tour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bengal_tiger)
    I saw Maiden at download 2007 !

They were as amazing as you would expect, and they played the trooper ( which they didnt when i saw them in december at the Birmingham NEC)

They said the performance will be recorded for a dvd !

I cant wait till the middle years tour
    Yeah, that should be great. It was a shame that they didn't do The Trooper in December - though they did do Fear of the Dark, which made up for it to me DVD sounds like it should be great, too.

-Forgotmytea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forgotmytea)
    Yeah, that should be great. It was a shame that they didn't do The Trooper in December - though they did do Fear of the Dark, which made up for it to me DVD sounds like it should be great, too.

-Forgotmytea
    They played the whole of the new album in December. Whilst i like the new album I much prefer the classic stuff so the Download set was better received by me. Both were great performances though. I'm not sure if i'd pay a lot of money to see them again though like I would with Metallica.

ReputationRep:
    Maiden @ Wacken, gutted I'm not going, the setlist is immense!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think Alexander the Great is an overated song. Never ever played live but the solo is immense, definately among the best maiden songs.

Anyone else seeing them this summer at Twickenham?

ReputationRep:
    can i join? i love iron maiden but you expect me to say that but oh well

ReputationRep:
    Join plz?

Iron maiden kicks ass ^^

ReputationRep:
    A few posts ago i questioned whether i would pay a lot to see maiden again. Turns out i would. Will be seeing them at twickenham in july. A joyous day will be had. Anyone else going?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in.

Might going going to Graspop this year to see them.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome band saw them at twickenham blew me away. Can't wait for flight 666 dvd!

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Iron Maiden! Finally saw them at Wacken (Germany) last Summer, and they put on an awesome show.
    ALSO, If you're an A2 English Literature student studying the Lyrical Ballads then whack on "Powerslave" and make sure you listen to the epic that is "The Rime of the Ancyent Marinere"! Might help you remember some quotes, too!

ReputationRep:
    twickenham was ******* amazing, ive been to see them three times, first in hammersmith on early days, 2nd in CIA on the AMOLAD tour and twickenham. I cannot wait for the new album and tour

UP THE IRONS!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I was lucky enough that Maiden played twickenham on my birthday....what a ******* amazing birthday present \m/

UP THE IRONS!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forgotmytea)
    Well, I have a passion for Iron Maiden, and I know some other people on TSR do too, and what the heck, we have a Red hot chilli peppers society, so why should Maiden be left out?

So, anyone interested in joining? :thrasher: :rock:

=====Members=====
    Saruman
    Constantine
    Hanzing
    Iz the Wiz
    metalmayhem
    Pirate Roberts
    Flukey
    Onearmedbandit
    arsenic
    Becca

Ronaldinho_88
    Rasta
    heminder
    lostdreams
    akmd
    pheephee
    jeff fire
    the canadian
    ================
    *Active members are in blue .

"Fear of the dark,
    Fear of the dark,
    I have a constant fear that something's always near.
    Fear of the dark,
    Fear of the Dark,
    I have a phobia that someone's always there"

I love that one - FOTD has to be one of my all-time favourites .

-Saruman

oh hello, how did I miss this little thread :L
    anybody here a member of the fan club?

ReputationRep:
    !!!!!!!UP THE IRONS!!!!!!!

Im a massive MAIDEN fan, ther my favourite band of all time, im even listening to "the gates of tomorrow" right now!!
    Dance of Death is my fav song ever!!
    I love all metal/death metal, and play guitar. I know like a million maiden songs. Please let me in!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.