Turn on thread page Beta

The Iron Maiden Society watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pirate Roberts)
    Wahey! Hey, at least there's two people. If it carries on long enough, there may be more sucked into the Maiden vortex. We shall see... :hmmmm2:

Anyway, bit of a random one here for ya One of my favourites off this album , but not necessarily on the greatest Maiden songs of all time list:

"Oh another time, another place. Oh well another smile on another face"
    I'm stuck. Can we have a clue - e.g. what album it's from? :cool:

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saruman)
    I'm stuck. Can we have a clue - e.g. what album it's from? :cool:

-Saruman
    Sure mate. Think axes and psycho murderers... :evil:

Killer behind you... (DIFFERENT song but same album)

ReputationRep:
    Sure mate. Think axes and psycho murderers... :evil:

Killer behind you... (DIFFERENT song but same album)
    Purgatory? I need to buy the Killers album - one of the few I hven't got....

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    Purgatory? I need to buy the Killers album - one of the few I hven't got....
    Correct! Killers is a damn fine album, more in the style of Iron Maiden than the later Brucey stuff though.

Hit me!

Roberts

ReputationRep:
    *logs onto amazon to buy Killers*

Anyway, next lyric...

"Queestions are a burden, and answers a prison for oneself"

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    *logs onto amazon to buy Killers*

Anyway, next lyric...

"Queestions are a burden, and answers a prison for oneself"

-Saruman
    Back in the village?

I think people arn't appreciating the singing... *looks around*

Roberts

ReputationRep:
    Back in the village?

I think people arn't appreciating the singing... *looks around*

Roberts
    Yup, Back in the Village. I don't think people are appreciating the singing either :rolleyes:. Ah well, let's keep it going anyway . Your turn!

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    Yup, Back in the Village. I don't think people are appreciating the singing either :rolleyes:. Ah well, let's keep it going anyway . Your turn!

-Saruman
    Sorry about the delay - been on a course with very limited net access but now it's over :smile:

*drum roll*

"Run over stiles, across fields, turn to look at who's on your heels"

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about the delay - been on a course with very limited net access but now it's over :smile:

*drum roll*

"Run over stiles, across fields, turn to look at who's on your heels"
    That's ok. Was the course good/interesting/helpful? :smile:

Anyway, it's the Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner from Somewhere in Time, isn't it?

Run over stiles across fields
    Turn to look at who's on your heels
    Way ahead of the field
    The line is getting nearer but do
    You want the glory that goes
    You reach the final stretch
    Ideals are just a trace
    You feel like throwing the race
    It's all so futile :thrasher:

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    That's ok. Was the course good/interesting/helpful? :smile:

Anyway, it's the Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner from Somewhere in Time, isn't it?

-Saruman
    Indeed it is! The course was a compulsory management thing that the Year in Industry made everyone go on, so boring and not particularly helpful. Also, I now have a pile of coursework to do for it But that was the last session, so it'll all be over one way or another in a week :dancing2: :rock:

Your turn

ReputationRep:
    Indeed it is! The course was a compulsory management thing that the Year in Industry made everyone go on, so boring and not particularly helpful. Also, I now have a pile of coursework to do for it But that was the last session, so it'll all be over one way or another in a week :dancing2: :rock:

Your turn
    I'm sure the c/w won't be too bad (hopefully). As you said, at least it'll be over soon . Anyway, here's the next lyric:

"Swirling round like Ghosts in the snow"

One of my favourites, that one. :rock:

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure the c/w won't be too bad (hopefully). As you said, at least it'll be over soon . Anyway, here's the next lyric:

"Swirling round like Ghosts in the snow"

One of my favourites, that one. :rock:

-Saruman
    Found it! (eventually): Mother Russia? My "No Prayer For The Dying" CD was hiding. Have to say, my favourite on that one would be Tailgunner.

On a different tack, I do hope that you weren't affected by the London bombings in any way. I only know a couple of people down there and they all seem to be safe at home thankfully. F***ing terrorists. It could've been much worse though. It shouldn't have happened at all but at least it's nowhere near the scale of 9/11 and this time I think all the emergency services were prepared.

i have only just found this society!! im a HUGE fan of Maiden!! got every album :cool: :rock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flukey)
    i have only just found this society!! im a HUGE fan of Maiden!! got every album :cool: :rock:
    Fantasticness indeed! The number of known converts increases yet again :rock: I'm pretty damn sure Saruman will give you a fine welcome when he returneth.

ReputationRep:
    Fantasticness indeed! The number of known converts increases yet again :rock: I'm pretty damn sure Saruman will give you a fine welcome when he returneth.
    Damn right I will !

Welcome! I did think of PMing you, as everytime I saw your eddie avatar I thought, "I must PM Flukey oneday and tell him about this society", but sadly I never got around to it. Anyway, welcome again :thrasher:! More members :smile:! Thanks for your concern pirate roberts - luckily I didn't have any friends or family in london at the time, but some of my friend's parents were working in London when the bombs went off, so they were making phone calls all day to see if they were ok. Which, thankfully, they were. I'm glad you didn't have any friends or family hurt. Did you have any friends or family in London at the time Flukey? I don't understand why people would be willing to blow themselves up to kill innocents, in the name of a religion that goes against violence :confused:. I feel for the victims and their families....

Anyway, it was Mother Russia BTW :cool: :top: .

-Saruman

Damn right I will !

Welcome! I did think of PMing you, as everytime I saw your eddie avatar I thought, "I must PM Flukey oneday and tell him about this society", but sadly I never got around to it. Anyway, welcome again :thrasher:! More members :smile:! Thanks for your concern pirate roberts - luckily I didn't have any friends or family in london at the time, but some of my friend's parents were working in London when the bombs went off, so they were making phone calls all day to see if they were ok. Which, thankfully, they were. I'm glad you didn't have any friends or family hurt. Did you have any friends or family in London at the time Flukey? I don't understand why people would be willing to blow themselves up to kill innocents, in the name of a religion that goes against violence :confused:. I feel for the victims and their families....

Anyway, it was Mother Russia BTW :cool: :top: .

-Saruman
    Thanks for thinking about me, to pm me about this society. Yeah eddie rocks man! :rock:

Anywho, i have my mums sister, and my mums sisters daughter in London, but thankfully they were absolutely fine. Thank God for that. Thanks for asking.

One of my favourite songs for some reason is "Still Life", i dunno why i just really like that song. do you like that song?

My sympathy goes out to your friends family.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for thinking about me, to pm me about this society. Yeah eddie rocks man! :rock:

Anywho, i have my mums sister, and my mums sisters daughter in London, but thankfully they were absolutely fine. Thank God for that. Thanks for asking.
    That's good -

One of my favourite songs for some reason is "Still Life", i dunno why i just really like that song. do you like that song?
    Me too! I like it a lot, but from the Piece of Mind album I think I prefer Where Eagles Dare or the Trooper, but it is a good song. For some reason, I really like "Journeyman" and "Como Estais Amigo", as well as Fear of the Dark, the Clairvoyant, The Mercenary and Gates of Tomorrow. They're some of my all-time favourites :thrasher: :rock: .

My sympathy goes out to your friends family.
    Thanks - they've found that they're family is ok now, which is really good .

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    Thanks - they've found that they're family is ok now, which is really good .

-Saruman

Continuing:

"I know that you're going to scratch me and maim me and maul"

To Flukey: If you didn't read it earlier, you just have to guess which Maiden song the lyrics come from. If you get it right first, then you suggest the next lyrics. Have fun

ReputationRep:

Continuing:

"I know that you're going to scratch me and maim me and maul"

To Flukey: If you didn't read it earlier, you just have to guess which Maiden song the lyrics come from. If you get it right first, then you suggest the next lyrics. Have fun
    Phantom of the Opera?
    "You know that I'm helpless from your mesmerating call..." :rock:

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    Phantom of the Opera?
    "You know that I'm helpless from your mesmerating call..." :rock:

-Saruman
    Hell yeah :rock:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.