Turn on thread page Beta

The Iron Maiden Society watch

ReputationRep:
    I love that song... :thrasher:

Anyway... "Some may say that you have killed a hundred men, Others say that you have died and live again"

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saruman)
    I love that song... :thrasher:

Anyway... "Some may say that you have killed a hundred men, Others say that you have died and live again"

-Saruman
    No-oo-maaad! Heheh. Class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pirate Roberts)
    No-oo-maaad! Heheh. Class.
    Damn right! :rock: I love the whole Brave New World album - especially the Mercenary. That has to be one of my favourite songs of all time....

Anyway, your turn!

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will)
    I'd be more interested in a Queensrÿche society, as they are basically Iron Maiden, only better.
    There's no such thing as 'basically iron maiden, but better'! Fool!! :p:

How the hell did I overlook this for 2 weeks? I guess I don't come into General Chat/Discussion/Debate/Gossip/Whatever it's called these days.

Count me in Seen 'em twice - Brixton Academy for the fundraising gigs (third night) and Earl's Court on the DoD tour.

I plan on seeing them again this September at Hammersmif!! Just got the Early Days DVD (terrible, isn't it? It's taken my over half a year to buy it ).

ReputationRep:
    Btw does anyone have all the 'Listen with Nicko's? I only have 5 of them All off the internet. They're sooo funny and you learn a lot of useless band trivia (some of which is inaccurate but never mind!).

ReputationRep:
    Can I start looking for a Maiden logo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Can I start looking for a Maiden logo?
    Yep. All I've got so far is this...

Anyway, welcome to the society! :rock:

-Saruman
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Logo's cool. I suppose you could also use Eddie's yellow round head off Brave New World. I'm not so chuffed with The Mercenary itself but I'd say that BNW is one of my favourite Maiden albums.

Nice to seeya again OAB Sorry I don't have any of the 'Listen with Nicko' stuff. How many were there anyways?

Continuing:

"Once you were glad to be free for a while"

ReputationRep:
    Logo's cool. I suppose you could also use Eddie's yellow round head off Brave New World. I'm not so chuffed with The Mercenary itself but I'd say that BNW is one of my favourite Maiden albums.

Nice to seeya again OAB Sorry I don't have any of the 'Listen with Nicko' stuff. How many were there anyways?

Continuing:

"Once you were glad to be free for a while"
    Gangland? I'll have to check, but I'm relatively sure it is....

Eddie head would be cool - I've got a few "Eddie smiles", so I'll post them sometime . I haven't heard any of Nicko's stuff - have to try and get some...

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    Hey Roberts Is that your real 2nd name btw? It's mine too

Who here's on the Iron Maiden BB? I am but I hardly go on it anymore (username's Mike).

Brave New World is okay... well it's excellent after the Blaze era but I'd rank it somewhere in the middle of all their albums. Dance of Death is an improvement but hmm maybe too many fillers & songs I just don't really like (Gates of tomorra, New Frontier (sorry Nicko), even No More Lies! apart from the solos). But definitely great albums I hope they produce at least 2 more

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is Gangland

ReputationRep:
    Aye aye, 'tis indeed correct. Go for it White Wizard!

Nah, Roberts isn't my actual second name. It's from a cult film called The Princess Bride which contains a mysterious character called the Dread Pirate Roberts. However I only take out the 'Dread' for very special occasions.

I used to be on the Maiden BBs quite a lot about 3 or 4 years ago and then I think I didn't go on the internet for ages so when I finally came back online I'd forgotten all about it. I think my username was RexJez back then. I remember stumbling across a communal fan fiction about Bruce Dickinson once and being very disturbed. Crazy women... :eek:

As for DoD, well, New Frontier is one of the few songs I can actually remember from the album so I'm quite fond of it. But my favourite tracks would probably be Rainmaker and Face in the Sand. I'd still rank BNW over DoD but it's all a matter of opinion.

ReputationRep:
    lol If you combine songs from BNW & DoD you could create the best Maiden album of all.

So that goes to show they are back to top form

How about this: "There's a fox, among the chickens"

:eek:

ReputationRep:
    How about this: "There's a fox, among the chickens"
    *friendly poke* Hey, I seem to remember that Saruman beat you to the answer. Therefore, it's his shout on the lyrics front. But as an aside, Back in the Village?

ReputationRep:
    *friendly poke* Hey, I seem to remember that Saruman beat you to the answer. Therefore, it's his shout on the lyrics front. But as an aside, Back in the Village?
    Oh, okay :p:

I don't really listen to the lyrics anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Why not? They're great just for sheer randomness! Ok, so if you know what the song is about then they do make sense but imagine the look you'd get if you just said to someone who'd never read Dune:

"He is the kwizatz haderach
    He is born of Caladan
    And will take the gom jabbar"

ReputationRep:
    I like the subject material! Just not so into lyrics themselves. The same goes for all music, though

ReputationRep:
    I like the subject material! Just not so into lyrics themselves. The same goes for all music, though
    I like the lyrics personnaly - well, most of them .

Anyway, OAB can go next in the guess the lyrics thingummy :rock: .

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    Idea for a logo: :rock:

-Saruman
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saruman)
    Idea for a logo: :rock:

-Saruman
    Hell yeah! Rocking! :rock:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.