Turn on thread page Beta

The Iron Maiden Society watch

ReputationRep:
    Is DOTR is set to release on the 6th ( I hope to god it is) because some sites are saying its delayed to the 21st?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeff_fire)
    Is DOTR is set to release on the 6th ( I hope to god it is) because some sites are saying its delayed to the 21st?
    According to the official Iron Maiden website (here) it is the 6th

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    Iron Maiden are brilliant !!!!!!!
    seventh son of a seventh son is my favourite album.

The live version of Fear of the dark is my favourite track or the flight of icarus

ReputationRep:
    Maiden should be working on a new studio album soon shouldn't they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Maiden should be working on a new studio album soon shouldn't they?
    they are indeed . I read that it will be their first concept album since seventh son of a seventh son, and they will be touring as well, apparently with trivium

ReputationRep:
    Kevin Shirley is in London now- so the recording wheels are in motion. Hopefully they will announce UK dates very soon. I hope they do an instrumental- there has been a desperate lack instrumentals with maiden for a long time! And can you imagine how great it would be?

ReputationRep:
    whats everyone's favourite album? mine has to be seventh son of a seventh son.

Every song on their is a classic, and is genius.

Also what is everyone's favourite track? Mine is the live version of fear of the dark, although on a studio album it is the flight of icarus

ReputationRep:
    Favourite album is SO hard to say... I love NotB because of its pure energy and Bruce is on absolute top form there. He was never quite s good in any of the later albums (some people say his voice became more 'mature' :p: ). But it's not as good musically as some later albums.

I also love Powerslave because it has some of my favourite songs to play on the bass - Aces High, 2358, Ancient Mariner, but it has a couple of dodgy songs in the middle (NOT Back in the Village, though! I love that song!!).

And 7th Son is also great. I find it very atmospheric althoguh it's a little bit silly, but that's all part of the fun. One or two songs which are a bit bland and not all that great for the bass, but definitely in my top 3.

After that I'd put SiT and Dance of Death but not sure in which order. Dance of Death would've been better if they'd cut a couple of the crap songs from it (New Frontier, sorry Nicko!, Gates of Tommow). No More Lies I don't particularly like. I find it totally unoriginal and boring, but I absolutely adore the solos in it so... mixed emotions about that one.

ReputationRep:
    Favourite album is SO hard to say
    Yeah - I love them all.... :bang:

I love NotB because of its pure energy and Bruce is on absolute top form there. He was never quite s good in any of the later albums (some people say his voice became more 'mature' :p: ). But it's not as good musically as some later albums.
    NOTB is an absolute, all-time classic.

I also love Powerslave because it has some of my favourite songs to play on the bass - Aces High, 2358, Ancient Mariner, but it has a couple of dodgy songs in the middle (NOT Back in the Village, though! I love that song!!).
    I also love Powerslave. Rime of the Ancient Mariner is very good, as is Poweslave itself. And of course Aces High and 2 minutes to midnight. :thrasher:

And 7th Son is also great. I find it very atmospheric althoguh it's a little bit silly, but that's all part of the fun. One or two songs which are a bit bland and not all that great for the bass, but definitely in my top 3.
    Once again, I agree (though to be honest I'd agree with any album you said - love them all!).

After that I'd put SiT and Dance of Death but not sure in which order. Dance of Death would've been better if they'd cut a couple of the crap songs from it (New Frontier, sorry Nicko!, Gates of Tommow). No More Lies I don't particularly like. I find it totally unoriginal and boring, but I absolutely adore the solos in it so... mixed emotions about that one.
    I quite like Gates of Tomorrow actually . SiT is another of my favourites too. THough I do adore Brave New World, Killers, Virtual XI, Iron Maiden....

Heck, I can't decide. I love 'em all :bang: :rock:

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    i risk life and soul with this comment, but i was disappointed with dance of death. apart from the rainmaker which is a great track I thought there was nothing special about the album.

Unlike there other albums which I think are special dance of death had a "could have been better" feel to it

ReputationRep:
    I think a lot of people agree with you, and I can think of many things which would make it better. Rainmaker's the only song which couldn't be improved.

Montésgur would be better without the pirate shanty part... Face in the Sand would be better if Bruce didn't go horribly out of tune in the chorus...

ReputationRep:
    I think a lot of people agree with you, and I can think of many things which would make it better. Rainmaker's the only song which couldn't be improved.

Montésgur would be better without the pirate shanty part... Face in the Sand would be better if Bruce didn't go horribly out of tune in the chorus...
    ~looks releived~ no one is going to kill me

ReputationRep:
    I actually thought the opening few verses of DoD (title track) are brilliant! Other than that i got fed up with the mediocrity of the album and gave up listening. Loved BNW though!

ReputationRep:
    I personally love DoD, Paschendale has knocked HBTN off my fave song top spot. I just wish Steve would allow more time to write (six weeks is plain daft imo). Is anyone else hoping that there is going to be at least one Dickinson/Smith composition on this new album?

ReputationRep:
    It's funny how many people tend to like either BNW or DoD, but rarely both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeff_fire)
    I personally love DoD, Paschendale has knocked HBTN off my fave song top spot. I just wish Steve would allow more time to write (six weeks is plain daft imo). Is anyone else hoping that there is going to be at least one Dickinson/Smith composition on this new album?
    I think they all come in with ideas they're come up with over the past couple of years and they work on then quite quickly, but yes I agree that they should probably give themselves more time to write these songs. In the end, that's the most important thing. I'd rather have a great song with crap/no solos than a crap song with great solos.

ReputationRep:
    Well now I've ripped 7th son to my computer so i can listen to it all again :p: Yay.

ReputationRep:
    It's funny how many people tend to like either BNW or DoD, but rarely both.
    I think Brave new world is brilliant, and i dont like dance of death

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably in the minority of liking both :bang:

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    Hey can i join (pretty please )

I've seen Maiden 4 times, the last time was in Paris at the Parc de Princes. Cant wait for the new album! :p:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.