Turn on thread page Beta

The Iron Maiden Society watch

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe they sold out even before going on proper sale. lol. luckily i got tickets . for Earls Court and Birmingham. Birmingham because I tried to get Earls Court but couldnt. Then I found Earls Court tickets so i got them as well. Now I can sell the Brummie tickets. haha

ReputationRep:
    :mad:
    (Original post by icecreamman)
    I can't believe they sold out even before going on proper sale. lol. luckily i got tickets . for Earls Court and Birmingham. Birmingham because I tried to get Earls Court but couldnt. Then I found Earls Court tickets so i got them as well. Now I can sell the Brummie tickets. haha
    ~resists urge to cause lots of pain~ They have sold out for Birmingham then ? I tried ticketmaster, aloud and getlive

Im gutted I really wanted to see them , it's just one of those things I've been cursed to never see maiden

ReputationRep:
    Got my tickets on order for Earls Court :bang: I'm super-hyper-happy now :p:

Bengal tiger, there's always eBay - tickets tend to go on there, so there's still hope!

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    I just ordered a copy of Rock in Rio... Hope it is great! It should be, knowing Maiden's usual standards!

ReputationRep:
    :mad: has the Birmingham gig actually sold out? It says tickets are available on ticketmaster etc. but if u click on that link and you search for tickets it says that none can be found

ReputationRep:
    Up the irons.

\m/

ReputationRep:
    can i join? going to see maiden in december. eee! although progressive metal is more my thing... anyway - let me in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turoosie)
    can i join? going to see maiden in december. eee! although progressive metal is more my thing... anyway - let me in!
    Sup have you heard Dream Theater?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rashid1988)
    Sup have you heard Dream Theater?
    I've heard of dream theater but nothing by them , what are they like , who can they be compared to ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bengal_tiger)
    I've heard of dream theater but nothing by them , what are they like , who can they be compared to ?
    Dream Theater are really good. They all like have degrees in their instruments and John Petrucci is one of the greatest guitarists ever (he's the guitarist of the band) I hate the singer though. but their instrumental stuff is pretty amazing and especially live, they're like flawless. if u want a heavy album, try Awake. Change of Seasons is a good start too. Erm, i dont know who they can be compared to at the moment - they're like the only progressive metal band i'm into. but they were influenced by YES and Rush so yeah.

Oh and regarding the birmingham tickets, try getlive coz thats where i got them from. ebay is only worth it if ur a really devoted fan, like me .

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to see them in december. i think i may be, it depends if my dad remembers to get the ticket for my birthday!

ReputationRep:
    Iron Maiden are my favourite band. I'm going to see then on 12th Dec in the NEC!!!

This will be my third Maiden concert (BNW 2000 and DOD 2003).

I started listening to them at a young age from my dad's old records and tapes. Best metal band EVER, can't wait for new album!

ReputationRep:
    Nice . I'll be going in December too, though on the 22nd, at Earls Court. :bang:

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    I'm seeing them at the Sheffield Arena on December 17th. \m/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yorkiebar)
    I'm seeing them at the Sheffield Arena on December 17th. \m/
    Nice Welcome to the society and TSR!

6/6/06 today! Got the Number of the beast ready to be played at 6 past 6 :evil:

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    Hey can i join this soc?

ReputationRep:
    NEW ALBUM DETAILS!

A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH

1. Different Worlds (Smith/Harris) 4.17
    2. These Colours Don't Run (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 6.52
    3. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 8.44
    4. The Pilgrim (Gers/Harris) 5.07
    5. The Longest Day (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 7.48
    6. Out Of the Shadows (Dickinson/Harris) 5.36
    7. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg (Murray/Harris) 7.21
    8. For The Greater Good of God (Harris) 9.24
    9. Lord Of Light (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 7.23
    10. The Legacy (Gers/Harris) 9.20

http://www.ironmaiden.com/homepage.p...0&subsection=0

ReputationRep:
    Thanks wicker_man. By the way guys, it's out in early September.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yorkiebar)
    Thanks wicker_man. By the way guys, it's out in early September.
    September can't come fast enough.....

:bang: :thrasher: :rock:

And Space_bot, of course you can! Any Maiden fan is welcome :cool:

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bengal_tiger)
    Progressive. I think 3 of the musicians are virtuosos. Great musicianship. The singer's tone may not be to everyone's liking but his vocal ability is very good. Comparable to something like Symphony X, although still distinctively different.

If you like the instrumentals check out Liquid Tension Experiment which is Petrucci's side project where everything is instrumental.

Sorry for hijacking :p: New album yayayayay!!!!! Can't wait!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.