Turn on thread page Beta

The Iron Maiden Society watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I am new here, I love IM, so rock on...my first question is: who likes "The X factor"? I find it abysmal...I just stick to "Killers" and"The Number of the Beast" hehe...
    anyone going to Wacken?

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I think some of the Blaze stuff isn't as bad as everyone says.

I quite like the first 3 tracks on The X Factor (Sign Of The Cross, Lord Of The Flies and Man On The Edge). And the Aftermath is OK too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wicker_man)
    Personally, I think some of the Blaze stuff isn't as bad as everyone says.

I quite like the first 3 tracks on The X Factor (Sign Of The Cross, Lord Of The Flies and Man On The Edge). And the Aftermath is OK too.
    Yeah, I'm another supporter of Blaze's time in Maiden. Man on the Edge and The Clansman are two of my favourites, and while yes, he isn't as good as Bruce, he was still a good singer, and added something to Maiden.

*imagines Iron Maiden without The Clansman or Man on the Edge* :eek:

All-time favourite must be Somewhere in Time, though. Though the single for Can I play with Madness was released exactly on my Birthday! :cool: :bang:

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saruman)
    Yeah, I'm another supporter of Blaze's time in Maiden. Man on the Edge and The Clansman are two of my favourites, and while yes, he isn't as good as Bruce, he was still a good singer, and added something to Maiden.

*imagines Iron Maiden without The Clansman or Man on the Edge* :eek:

All-time favourite must be Somewhere in Time, though. Though the single for Can I play with Madness was released exactly on my Birthday! :cool: :bang:

-Saruman
    Opinions on A Matter of Life and Death

I think it is absolutely brilliant. The choruses on this album really stick in your head. I love it, with These Colours Don't Run as the only song that hasn't really got me yet. Apart from that. Awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brucey_D)
    Opinions on A Matter of Life and Death

I think it is absolutely brilliant. The choruses on this album really stick in your head. I love it, with These Colours Don't Run as the only song that hasn't really got me yet. Apart from that. Awesome.
    *throttles* :p:

Damnit, I haven't got it yet! *is jealous* None of the shops in my area have a good taste in music :p:, so I'm going to have to mail order it tonight.

Good to hear your opinions though - that's just raised my estimation of it (if possible!!) :bang: :thrasher:

-Saruman

*EDIT* Just bought it (found a shop ), and all I can say is; "**** YEAH!!!!!!" Only listened to the first 3 tracks, but they are so amazing!!! :bang::thrasher::rock::bang:

ReputationRep:
    A most excellent album indeed. 'The Pilgrim' is a new favourite song of mine, as is 'Brighter Than a Thousand Suns'. Up the Irons!

- Yorkie.

ReputationRep:
    The new album is awesome!

Only just got it because we were on holiday, but it was waiting for me though the postbox when we returned.

These Colours Don't Run seems to be my favourite so far, but I have only listened to the whole abum through about twice.

Got it loaded onto my iPod to listen to at college. Can't wait to see them on the 12th Dec.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here have the bonus DVD edition of a Matter Of Life And Death? If so, is it any good?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for a T-shirt at the moment. The 1988 Canadian Slavery Tour T-shirt to be exact. I've managed to find pretty much every other T-shirt online except for that one.

Even eBay doesn't have it!

Does anyone know a good shop / website that sells either original or replica Iron Maiden tour T-shirts?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    The new album is awesome!

Only just got it because we were on holiday, but it was waiting for me though the postbox when we returned.

These Colours Don't Run seems to be my favourite so far, but I have only listened to the whole abum through about twice.

Got it loaded onto my iPod to listen to at college. Can't wait to see them on the 12th Dec.
    oo oo I'm going to see them then at the NEC. My first concert...ever (though I may go see Blind Guardian in September as I'll be only a couple of miles away)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulse)
    Does anyone here have the bonus DVD edition of a Matter Of Life And Death? If so, is it any good?
    Thanks.
    The DVD is well worth it IMHO for the extra £5. The main feature is about a 30 min doc just whoeing the recording process, behind the scenes stuff, the band having a bit of a laugh and a joke and interviews (of course) which provide a great insight. Also, each song is gone through by the band saying about the lyrics, the melody, how they put them together etc etc.

Finally there are the videos for ROBB and Different World and some photos. Get the special edition

ReputationRep:
    The DVD is well worth it IMHO for the extra £5. The main feature is about a 30 min doc just whoeing the recording process, behind the scenes stuff, the band having a bit of a laugh and a joke and interviews (of course) which provide a great insight. Also, each song is gone through by the band saying about the lyrics, the melody, how they put them together etc etc.

Finally there are the videos for ROBB and Different World and some photos. Get the special edition
    Cheers for that!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I've got the setlist for Maiden's 2006 tour (I'm at Sheffield 17th December!):

01. Different World
    02. These Colours Don’t Run
    03. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
    04. Pilgrim
    05. Longest Day
    06. Out of the Shadows
    07. Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
    08. For the Greater Good of God
    09. Lord of Light
    10. Legacy
    11. Fear of the Dark
    12. Iron Maiden
    ———————
    13. 2 Minutes to Midnight
    14. The Evil that Men Do
    15. Hallowed Be Thy Name

ReputationRep:
    I dont know if i like them playing the new album in its entireity, I would love to hear more classic songs..
    Is the set list changed for each venue? Im going to 2 in Dec

ReputationRep:
    When I went to Dance Of Death on 2003, they played mostly older songs.

A quick google shows the setlist was:

1. Intro 1:04
    2. Wildest Dreams 3:46
    3. Wrathchild 2:58
    4. Can I Play With Madness 3:27
    5. The Trooper 6:23
    6. Dance Of Death 9:22
    7. Rainmaker 4:06
    8. Brave New World 6:04
    9. Paschendale 10:21
    10. Lord Of The Flies 5:09
    11. No More Lies 7:42
    12. Hallowed Be Thy Name 7:25

1. Fear Of The Dark 7:39
    2. Iron Maiden/Bruce's speech & Band Introduction 10:37
    3. Journeyman 6:56
    4. The Number Of The Beast 5:00
    5. Run To The Hills 6:49

So, just 6 songs from the DoD album.

I'm going to see them on 12th Dec in the B'ham NEC. (And a week before that it's DragonForce!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yorkiebar)
    Hey guys, I've got the setlist for Maiden's 2006 tour (I'm at Sheffield 17th December!):

01. Different World
    02. These Colours Don’t Run
    03. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
    04. Pilgrim
    05. Longest Day
    06. Out of the Shadows
    07. Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
    08. For the Greater Good of God
    09. Lord of Light
    10. Legacy
    11. Fear of the Dark
    12. Iron Maiden
    ———————
    13. 2 Minutes to Midnight
    14. The Evil that Men Do
    15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
    Nice :bang: Though I agree, a few more classics would be good too But still it's Maiden, that's what matters :thrasher: :bang: Hopefully I'll be going to see DragonForce too, just need to find a date that 1) still has tickets avaliable and 2) doesn't clash with uni work!

Got my Maiden tickets yesterday!!

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    I've seen DragonForce twice now, and I have to say they're better on their albums than live - they play so fast that the only distinguishable difference between songs are the lyrics.

ReputationRep:
    This thread hasn't had any activity for a while!

Anyway Maiden rocked yesterday (B'ham NEC). They should have done some more older stuff but it was still awesome!

I don't really like Trivium (supporting), but it was funny when some guy threw something at them and they stopped playing and made a big fuss to get him chucked out!.

Here's a couple of pics I took, they didn't come out too great because we were seated (they sold out really fast!), but I did get some OK shots:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    This thread hasn't had any activity for a while!

Anyway Maiden rocked yesterday (B'ham NEC). They should have done some more older stuff but it was still awesome!

I don't really like Trivium (supporting), but it was funny when some guy threw something at them and they stopped playing and made a big fuss to get him chucked out!.

Here's a couple of pics I took, they didn't come out too great because we were seated (they sold out really fast!), but I did get some OK shots:
    Nice pics :cool: I can't say I'm a big fan of trivium either (5-band man, me, I just stick to the 5 I love ), but still. Not long now until I see them!

And yeah, we really should keep this society going :bang: It seems to hit "dead" periods....

-Forgotmytea

ReputationRep:
    Apologies for the double post, but today/yesterday is the climax of Iron Maiden's tour in England, so....

Anybody saw them last night/going to see them tonight? I went last night - absolutely incredible!! :bang: :thrasher: Esepcially Fear of the Dark, one of the best live performances in my opinion. The power was cut after 3 songs, which must've been incredibly embaressing - ended up with Bruce entertaining the crowd for about 20 mins through playing football on stage, orgainsing mexican waves, singing "Happy Birthday" to Dave, and various other songs

It was all great, though, an amazing night!! :bang: Sadly I don't have many photos due to my camera phone being pathetic but I'll try and upload some soon

Spoiler:
    Show
    Also, Bruce said that they may be playing at Donnington next year!!! He told us, "To paraphrase some Shakespeare; 'Donnington, my Lord, is not dead!'". That'll be brilliant if they do....

-Forgotmytea

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.