Turn on thread page Beta

Kos in 10 hours watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poptart86)
    Im going to kardamena Ive heard its good, guess i'll just have to wait til im out there really!
    you the same person that posted on the Kos Forum?

ReputationRep:
    OMG Im going Kos on Wednesday evening, my first proper all-girl holiday!
    Has anyone been there before what did u think of it?!
    not as good as Zante to be honest but you'll have a good time, I wish I was still there anyway......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    you the same person that posted on the Kos Forum?
    yeah i have been actually! R u on it as well?!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i have been actually! R u on it as well?!
    yeah I take it your called 'Poptart' on there, im the one who got my wallet and phone stolen on my 1st night there

ReputationRep:
    yeah I take it your called 'Poptart' on there, im the one who got my wallet and phone stolen on my 1st night there
    Oh yeah I no, thats weird! Thought I had my own internet stalker then lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    kos is amazing!!!!

I LOVE IT~!
    GOING AGAIN IN SEPT!

THE PEOPLE ARE GREAT!

ReputationRep:
    You thought it was that good? Its strange, everyone I've ever spoken to about the place said they loved it, didn't think it was that special personally.

Any particular things you liked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    You thought it was that good? Its strange, everyone I've ever spoken to about the place said they loved it, didn't think it was that special personally.

Any particular things you liked?
    she's a girl mate, the fact that the island was full of men is probably a plus point

ReputationRep:
    Take the ferry from Kos to Bodrum (Turkey) - you can pick up really cheap gold and leather goods there.

ReputationRep:
    she's a girl mate, the fact that the island was full of men is probably a plus point

No it def wasnt the 'amount' of men

(im quite uneasy with that in any situation....i like a nice mix )

I just thought the people were great...so friendly, I felt safe out there, and there wasnt a load a 'british type louts' :rolleyes: out there...ie people falling over themselves drunk...like they do in Falaraki!!!!!........

I just thought it was great! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angeleyes1)
    No it def wasnt the 'amount' of men

(im quite uneasy with that in any situation....i like a nice mix )

I just thought the people were great...so friendly, I felt safe out there, and there wasnt a load a 'british type louts' :rolleyes: out there...ie people falling over themselves drunk...like they do in Falaraki!!!!!........

I just thought it was great! :cool:
    It's funny, although I thought the majority of people were nice and friendly(especially the people who worked in bars) I still thought you had more people that wern't so friendly and more interested in arguing in comparison to somewhere like Zante where everybody was really nice and the atmosphere just seemed better

ReputationRep:
    woooo, im goin to kos (Tingaki) on 30th july

ReputationRep:
    Zante on the 26th august!!!! All girls, bring it on!! Anyone got an tips? Places not to miss> cocktails to try?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strath_05)
    Zante on the 26th august!!!! All girls, bring it on!! Anyone got an tips? Places not to miss> cocktails to try?
    Finish every night in Cherry Bay, the place is amazing, everyone loves it. gets called Cheesy Bay for a reason

the fishbowls in Medousa are good as well, better if you can persuade them to put less ice in.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Austria in 10 hours, actually.

ReputationRep:
    LOL, I see, no wonder she had a good time! The sheer amount of **** would make that a certainty.

I thought on the whole most people were pretty rude, one night we were in Amazon and were pretty pissed, and we started talking about how much money it would take for one of us to take it up the bum!(Jokingly obviously), people on the table next to us overheard, one of the blokes stood up in anger and started shouting at us, saying 'people like you are hung where I'm from!' and then the girls he was with started abusing us as well, saying 'Look at you with your highlights, only gays have highlights' really was bloody funny! Then she threw a tray of empty shot glasses at us and walked out. Brilliant.

Another night I bumped into some bloke in Status and he started going mental saying 'I'm trying to ****in dance here pal! Fook off' - Charming

Got into a fight as well, which I'm not gonna go into, generally I thought most people were just ****ing rude though, definitely not that friendly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Thought I'd start a thread to say me and serious narb as well as a couple of other mates are leaving for Kos in just 10 hours! Yep, I'm sure nobody gives a ****, but I thought I'd start a thread anyway.
    ah cool ^_^ have a great time :hugs: xoxo

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just thought I'd say my two cents as I've just realised I was there at the same time as you. I can't believe you didn't like it! I thought it was much better than Zante (and this is definitely not based on the amount of guys - we had a strict girlie holiday!)

We found that the people there, whether they lived, worked or were on holiday were really friendly, with a few exceptions that you would find in any resort.

The corner bar ruled!

Where did you stay?

x

ReputationRep:
    Got Back from Kardamena yesterday - was a really good week.

My week's activities/favourite places:

- Stayed at Kool Pool = really nice pool and good enough appartments except some northern monkeys throwing tiles at us.
    - Ate at Kosta's most of the time = cheap food and HUGE portions.
    - Made friends with everyone at Memories = quiet but friendly + sport
    - Started off the night at Greg's Place on the front = awesome free fishbowls and Vodka RedBull pints consist of Vodka and a splash of Red Bull for colouring only!
    - Went to both Status and Starlight but preferred Status (apart from when someone got bottled and subsequently died just behind us) - its all about staying in the club til 6am!
    - Ringos on the beach = superb!
    - Beaches: both rocky in the sea which isnt good and quite small but nice enough (good lot of voyeurism in the early hours!)

Anyone got their highlights/lowlights of the week?

ReputationRep:
    I got back a few days ago!!
    my highlights were definitely the Stone Roses Bar, table dancing with my mates in Xpose, sunbathing all day and doing nothing!!
    I know what u mean about the beach, it was so rocky I didnt really get a chance to swim in it cos I was scared id cut my feet.
    I liked Status but I spent most of my time in Starlight. OMG did you go to Downtown? Never had so much fun as I did there, they played such cheesy music it was great. and Mad Club was brilliant as well!
    i didnt do ringos on the beach,but I went on a pedalo tho!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.