Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got my offer to read Psychology at Nottingham on November 14th, yet still I haven't gotten an accomodation packet from them!! Should I write to them?

ReputationRep:
    i had my offer through on 6th nov and I haven't recieved anything about accomodation either. I think they send it to you after you've firmly accepted them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    i had my offer through on 6th nov and I haven't recieved anything about accomodation either. I think they send it to you after you've firmly accepted them.
    Cool cool. Can you only firmly accept offers after you've gotten all your offers?

ReputationRep:
    no I think you can do it before, altough I'm not sure of that one, http://www.ucas.com should be able to help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    Cool cool. Can you only firmly accept offers after you've gotten all your offers?
    You'll need to decline all the unis you haven't heard from...it's probably not a good idea to firmly accept them early unless you have an offer from your insurance choice as well.

It won't give you any advantage by accepting their offer early - accommodation info is sent out at the same time to everyone, regardless of when they confirmed their offer.

Keep checking on the Notts website though and choose your accommodation over the net asap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .NK)
    You'll need to decline all the unis you haven't heard from...it's probably not a good idea to firmly accept them early unless you have an offer from your insurance choice as well.

It won't give you any advantage by accepting their offer early - accommodation info is sent out at the same time to everyone, regardless of when they confirmed their offer.

Keep checking on the Notts website though and choose your accommodation over the net asap.
    Ok! Thanx for the info!

ReputationRep:
    whats the difference between shared bedrrom and shared study at nottingham. Is it worth it sharing bedrrom or study (whatvever that means).
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    A shared bedroom is where 2 people share a room. There aren't many of these.

A shared study is where 2 people each have their own room, and then have a study too. My 'next door neighbours' had one of these and it worked brilliantly for them. Their bedrooms were not much smaller than the standard rooms (like mine), so they moved their desks from the study into their rooms, and used the study as a games room... (it wasn't particularly quiet as a result!!!!!!) I think they saved about £600 each over the year so it worked well.

ReputationRep:
    sorry, lemme get this straight, i would have to share a room with someone which is larger than a single room (though shared by two) and also have a study area. So would a single study room have a bedroom AND a study area.
    What do you think of this shared study thing, and would they allow me to share with a good friend from my college?
    thanks

soz bout all the questions

(Original post by NEXTadamSMITH)
    sorry, lemme get this straight, i would have to share a room with someone which is larger than a single room (though shared by two) and also have a study area. So would a single study room have a bedroom AND a study area.
    What do you think of this shared study thing, and would they allow me to share with a good friend from my college?
    thanks

soz bout all the questions

with a shared study you have a smaller bedroom than the single rooms but you get to share quite a large study area

as to whether or not you would be able to specifically share with your friend i'm not certain but i guess if you rang up the accom office they may be able to do it

also you've got to remember that uni is pretty different from college and will probably want to go and make a whole bunch of new friends, sharing with your mate may offer you a safety blanket and prevent you from forcing yourself to be sociable

ReputationRep:
    yeh tanks, i do totally agree but it's him being affraid of meeting new people.
    I think i will take up this shared study thing, i really don't want to pay all that for a single study or miss out on things by staying in self-catering halls.

ReputationRep:
    I got my offer to read economics at Nottingham, and am thinking of staying in self-catered flats at broadgate park. from what i've gathered they seem to be relatively inexpensive, and the standard plus rooms are pretty much ok. can someone tell me if it is possible to take a hopper bus from there? and how far is the economics building (in University Park) from broadgate park flats? how much time would it take in a bus or on foot?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.