Turn on thread page Beta

IS IT TRUE- IF SOMEONE DROPS DEAD IN YOUR EXAM....... watch

ReputationRep:
    then you are all awarded full marks? Ive heard this rumour many a time and it hasnt been from the same group of people, actually different schools!??? Anyone care to enlighten me upon this (no im not thinking of murdering someone in the C4 and ECN5 exams lol)..........

ReputationRep:
    no it's not true, you'll get your predicted grades if the exam has to stop. BTW, wrong subforum!

ReputationRep:
    I think they add a couple of % to your final mark - someone posted the article from the BBC about this a few weeks back.

ReputationRep:
    heh, WHO can I kill????? yay...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    I think they add a couple of % to your final mark - someone posted the article from the BBC about this a few weeks back.
    if someone drops dead in the middle of the exam, i doubt they'd let it continue!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    no it's not true, you'll get your predicted grades if the exam has to stop. BTW, wrong subforum!
    oh yeh but the proper subforum has had only 7 threads in the last week lol

ReputationRep:
    if someone drops dead in the middle of the exam, i doubt they'd let it continue!!
    hell yea it would continue!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melbourne)
    oh yeh but the proper subforum has had only 7 threads in the last week lol
    That's no excuse :rolleyes:

"Ooh I'll post this thread about studying Latin at the University of Edinburgh in the Sports forum because it's more active" *sigh* :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    yeh you get your predicted grades, or they add like 20% or something, know the exams boards itll probably be whichever one is less lol

ReputationRep:
    wouldn't put it pass my headteacher, he'll make us continue regardless :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    yeh you get your predicted grades, or they add like 20% or something, know the exams boards itll probably be whichever one is less lol
    try 2%. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to sound thick but what sub-forum should it be in? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LHMarsh10)
    Sorry to sound thick but what sub-forum should it be in? :confused:
    Academic> General Discussion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melbourne)
    then you are all awarded full marks? Ive heard this rumour many a time and it hasnt been from the same group of people, actually different schools!??? Anyone care to enlighten me upon this (no im not thinking of murdering someone in the C4 and ECN5 exams lol)..........
    Nobody drops dead in exams :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't there some kid who shoved pencils up his nose and died, a few yrs ago?

(Original post by endeavour)
    Wasn't there some kid who shoved pencils up his nose and died, a few yrs ago?
    yeah there was....crazy!

ReputationRep:
    i heard that if you recently had a family death or a car crash before and exam they will increase yourmarks by a certain %

ReputationRep:
    not impossible but its improberble youd be in so much stress and upset that youd get a counciler if your lucky

i think this came from a film called dead man on campus funny as hell where two guys try to get there room mate to kill them selves so that they get credit for being upset

and the guy with the pencils i belive that was an urban legend i think was that the guy who shoved pencils up his nose sneezed and hit his head on the table causing the pencils to be launched in to his brain

ReputationRep:
    someone in my school fell asleep during the middle of january's chemistry exam and got rewarded x% of the marks.

ReputationRep:
    If for whatever reason you're upset/distressed (e.g. illness, family/pet deaths, house burnt down or whataver) then you can be awarded up to 5% on your exam. Apparently.

Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.