Turn on thread page Beta

Its very nearly over....what next for you? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinghFello)
    Im going to Dubai in 2 weeks for 6 nights.
    My parents have booked the Burj al arab, which is the worlds only 7 star hotel, built in the middle of the sea. Its got a resturant under the sea!!
    Wow that sounds really brill . Is that the hotel where it actually *costs* the government of Dubai more to maintain than is met by what people pay? I.e discounted residence in the hotel? Or is that some other one?

Nevertheless I think I know what you mean. When I went last year to Dubai (it's really nice trust me, make sure you go for the Jeep drive in the sand dunes), I went to Jumeirah Beach Club (not Beach Hotel- they put us in there accidentally lol so we saved a ton of money, hypothetically). It was really exclusive - and apparently there were English cricket players wandering around there. Basically, Dubai = top star spotting. So go to that place and see if you can spot anyone you are familiar with, likelihood is yes!!

ReputationRep:
    My parents have booked the Burj al arab, which is the worlds only 7 star hotel, built in the middle of the sea. Its got a resturant under the sea!!
    Under the sea? that sounds amazing. I think the most Ive ever been to is a 4 star and that was pretty posh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reema)
    Wow that sounds really brill . Is that the hotel where it actually *costs* the government of Dubai more to maintain than is met by what people pay? I.e discounted residence in the hotel? Or is that some other one?

Nevertheless I think I know what you mean. When I went last year to Dubai (it's really nice trust me, make sure you go for the Jeep drive in the sand dunes), I went to Jumeirah Beach Club (not Beach Hotel- they put us in there accidentally lol so we saved a ton of money, hypothetically). It was really exclusive - and apparently there were English cricket players wandering around there. Basically, Dubai = top star spotting. So go to that place and see if you can spot anyone you are familiar with, likelihood is yes!!
    Yeah, I think 1/8 of people in dubai are millionaires or something stupid like that!!
    Im not sure, but I can imagine it costs a fortune to stop it falling down.
    Here is the pic
    http://www.travelshop.de/kreuzfahrte...xim/alarab.jpg

http://www.firstclasstravel.de/burj_...restaurant.jpg
    And the underwater resturant.

Did the hotel you stayed at look like a huge wave? Because thats is also one of the top hotels in the world! It is really exclusive, since it costs over £200 a night!

My parents are mad spending so much money for 6 nights (Ive just checked, and its £5k for 6 nights PER ROOM!).

edit/ actually, you can see the hotel you stayed at in the first pic!!

ReputationRep:
    loL singhfello! i soo envy you! have fun dudee!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going overseas next Saturday and hmm...when I get back I guess I'll work for a few weeks before uni

ReputationRep:
    i go home tomorrow and start work on monday and i'm going to work for as much as the summer and enjoy only having to do a 9-5 day!!!

i'm going to miss cambridge so much

ReputationRep:
    I finished on Friday I don't wanna leave now.

Got 10 weeks of relaxing ahead of me then off to do Law in college then who knows :eek:

ReputationRep:
    eating, sleeping and pooing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!the power of 3.lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'll just plan it as the days arrive - going watching Mr and Mrs Smith tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think 1/8 of people in dubai are millionaires or something stupid like that!!
    Im not sure, but I can imagine it costs a fortune to stop it falling down.
    Here is the pic
    http://www.travelshop.de/kreuzfahrte...xim/alarab.jpg

http://www.firstclasstravel.de/burj_...restaurant.jpg
    And the underwater resturant.

Did the hotel you stayed at look like a huge wave? Because thats is also one of the top hotels in the world! It is really exclusive, since it costs over £200 a night!
    No, but apparently it's even more expensive/exclusive, albeit less "famous". We were supposed to go to the wave one . But instead they gave us Jumeirah Beach Club (not Hotel) so we saved all this money. And apparently while we were there the entire England cricket team were staying, lol.

My dad was talking to a cab driver and apparently the government gives a newly married Arab couple a free mansion + £50,000 just for marrying. Imagine!!

ReputationRep:
    I finish my exams on Wednesday, then I'm off to Disneyland with 3 of my friends on Monday!

I've got two family holidays in the summer to Helsinki and Majorca which goes over Results Day. I should get the grades I need though, so I'll be able to enjoy it

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 26, 2005
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.