lol that's funny makes me a feel a bit better

but i've seen worse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marie05)
    oooooh my god !! :eek: :eek:

look at ashanti !!!

http://www.hereinreality.com/makeup2.html

LOL :toofunny:

that is either not really her (can't be ) or a really really bad angle.

ReputationRep:
    lol precisely what i was thinking !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marie05)
    oooooh my god !! :eek: :eek:

look at ashanti !!!

http://www.hereinreality.com/makeup2.html
    exactly - it's all just because of the money they pay their make up artists ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    LOL :toofunny:

that is either not really her (can't be ) or a really really bad angle.
    Well, the same facial features ... I mean, same shape of skull and nose, eyes etc... so even if it is a different person, if they had Ashanti's make up artists they could look just like her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muz)
    she is size 14? she doesn't look anything like it - she looks stunning!
    Can I point out that this is not a particularly helpful comment in the context of this thread.

Size 14 is AVERAGE.* And it also depends upon which shop you go to.

EDIT: I know people who are size 8s whose weight is unevenly distributed. Body shapers can help a lot in this case.

*which, frankly, makes me doubt the veracity of what certain people post here.

ReputationRep:
    You will look fab at your prom, regardless of size, as long as you are confident in your figure and focus on the positive aspects of being a 'larger' size. There are plenty of gorgeous-looking people out there (male and female) who aren't perfectly thin or toned or whatever. If they can look great and dress beautifully for international events, I'm sure you can for the prom! For example:

Sophie Dahl

Liv and Mia Tyler

Kate Winslet

Keeley Shaye-Smith (Pierce Brosnan's girlfriend)

Kelly Brook

Sophia Loren

Marilyn Monroe

ReputationRep:
    as long as you look and feel fab ull be wonderful. i bet theres some scrawny size 8 girls with no style at all who look like poo, half of em cant even fill a prom dress anyway. youll look like a real woman not some anorexic kid!

ReputationRep:
    i guess

its on thursday tho so no chance of a diet short of not eating. i wnat to go but im just doubting everything and could kill the person in question *person who made the comments etc) for bringing it up all over again. thanx for your advice tho, i'll see howe i feel nearer the date.

ReputationRep:
    go for it. my friend is a size 16 and she looked amazing at our prom, alot better than some of the skinny *****es who looked like dogs in there dresses!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soapysudds1)
    as long as you look and feel fab ull be wonderful. i bet theres some scrawny size 8 girls with no style at all who look like poo, half of em cant even fill a prom dress anyway. youll look like a real woman not some anorexic kid!
    (Original post by Soapysudds1)
    go for it. my friend is a size 16 and she looked amazing at our prom, alot better than some of the skinny *****es who looked like dogs in there dresses!!!!
    I understand that you're supporting the person who made this thread (who I'm sure will look great!) but it doesnt mean you have to hurl abuse at everyone who is a size 8

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, stop worrying!!
    Your prom is meant to be a time at which you concentrate on the good things n have fun! PLEASE don't let worrying about your size ruin that, especially as you have nothing to worry about!
    Size 14 is healthy and normal, and absolutely nothing to beat yourself up about. Ignore that person who said you'd put on weight or whatever, just forget that stupidly hurtful comment.
    I know it's easy for us to say because we're not in your exact position. All I'd recommend is doing what you can to make YOURSELF feel better; eat healthily til the day of your prom, get a gorgeous dress, do your hair n make-up nicely and concentrate on feeling good like you deserve to!
    I'm sure you'll look stunning. And most of all, HAVE FUN!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    I can't get it out of my head that i'm too fat to where my stupid prom dress and go to the prom. i was ok about how i loked and didn't think i was that big (size 14) but someone spent most of the last few days pointing out that i've put on weight and "in certain light you do look kind of fat" etc. I know the only reason they are saying it (ok, aside from teh fact i now reckon they are ashamed of the way i look) is that they are genuinely concerned that i don't eat healthly and i agree, i don't.
    But i've always had issues with my weight, at my biggest i was a size 16, but wheni had my depression really bad i was down to a size 10, (mainly cos i had no appitie)
    It's bothering me so much i don't want to eat, all i can think is that i'm too fat and unhealthy and need to lose weight. and i know its not healthy to not eat but it not as bad if i'm just cutting out teh crap and eating less?
    Sorry. It's going to be my last chance to see everyone before we go our separate ways to uni etc this summer, but i don't want to be remebered as being like this. jus the thought of eating makes me feel like **** and i don't wnat to wear clothes that show any of me. like today i'm wearing the baggiest jeans i could find and a big tshirt.
    sorry this is too long, i just dont know what to do :confused:
    You in the states? We dont have proms here now do we?... :mad:...please say no...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    You in the states? We dont have proms here now do we?... :mad:...please say no...
    mine was called a prom...

its the ball at the end of your final year of school, so its basically the same as the senior year prom in the states is it not? Celebrating the parting of the mates you've grown up with as you all diffuse out to various colleges, 6th forms and the world of work. I think it deserves to be called a prom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    i guess

its on thursday tho so no chance of a diet short of not eating. i wnat to go but im just doubting everything and could kill the person in question *person who made the comments etc) for bringing it up all over again. thanx for your advice tho, i'll see howe i feel nearer the date.
    Hey sweetie don't worry we can both do it together :p:
    I'm a 14/16 and my prom's Friday
    My best friend is about a size 6... literally. She's ex-anorexic and even though she looks lovely now she's as tiny as you can be and still look good.... and the guys love it *scowls* :mad:

Anyway it's not great for the self confidence and every other day of the year I play the tomboy in baggy jeans card... but for prom i will grit my teeth and bear it cos i'd rather see all my friends one last time. (I'm moving house so this is kinda it)

You have to ignore the person who said that to you. I've been through it and you know what - anyone who says that just doesn't deserve to know you. And I bet he (or she... but in my experience it's always a he ) will be laughing on the other side of his face prom night when he sees how gorgeous you are

ReputationRep:
    i wasnt hurling abuse at size 8s cos im a size 8/10 myself. im just making a point and tryin to offer support. i no there are things that my sister looks 10 times better in because she is bigger than me.
    and yes we do have proms in this country, iv had 2

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm a size 12 (until recently, 14), and I agree that size shouldn't matter. Maybe you're not *meant* to be a size 8. If you're taller, you'll carry more weight. If you have bigger bones, you'll carry more weight. If you eat a lot, you'll carry more weight. And there's nothing wrong with any of those things, not in the slightest.

It's all about how you carry yourself, and how confident you are. If you wear a great dress (that flatters your body shape) and a pair of heels, you will instantly look pretty. In the long run, you can also still be a larger size and also be fit and toned. Even at my largest, I've always had a 26-inch, flat waist, through exercise, and I believe that even larger girls can be fit and sexy.

The fact is, that if someone sees you as "fat" at a size 14, then you really should be questioning their motives, and whether you want to believe what they say. You shouldn't, because it will only make you miserable, and you don't deserve that.

ReputationRep:
    HI there!
    I think you problem is in ur head. I wont lie that size 14 is not fat as all other people did, I am just 8 and I feel sometimes fat myself. But all you can do is accept it and love urself. You are the one for yourself. If you cant lose weight, then start loving urself, coz a person is not smth outside but smth inside and people will see YOU not ur weight, so stop losing your time on thinking about it but try to do smth about it, lose weight if u can not, then ttry to be sure in urself and fall in love with urslef, then other people will do it as well!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh shut up a 14 is not fat
    A 14 is curvy!!
    I'd far rather have a bloke with a good bum who's nice to cuddle than some skinny little thing!!
    Ok maybe if you were i dunno 5 foot or something
    But 14 is AVERAGE!!
    And GORGEOUS
    So don't be mean!! :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.