Turn on thread page Beta

Feeling to fat to go to prom watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryGarcia)
    HI there!
    I think you problem is in ur head. I wont lie that size 14 is not fat as all other people did,

LOL is that a mis-type or are you being serious? how can you say that a size 14 is fat? it's all subjective.

Everyone is different shaped and sizes. You can get two people who are both the same size in clothes but one could look bigger thn the other. It all dependws where you carry it and how you carry your weight.

For example, Beyonce is a size 14 and she has a gorgeous figure! I'd love to have a figure like hers. And if anyone has been watching big brother lately, i think that mikosi has a lovely figure, but she doesn't look like a size 10 in the slightest, yet i wouldn't say she was anywhere near fat.

ReputationRep:
    Size 14 is not big darlin, learn to love yourself as much as others do, ignore that lousy friend of yours sweetie and have a FAB time at the ball! *Big Hug*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr_tomus)
    im sure you are fat, you sound it anyway. If youre bulging out your prom dress then i should give it a miss
    maybe if that dicks still on your head you should give your life a miss eh

ReputationRep:
    im sure you are fat, you sound it anyway. If youre bulging out your prom dress then i should give it a miss
    uh yea wateva loser.

ReputationRep:
    LOL i would love to hear you say that to someone.

ReputationRep:
    I cannot believe what I am witnessing.
    Let me show you a pre=rapaelite painting:http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...achmentid=9430

Now, do you think this woman is beautiful.

I'd imagine that she would be an average size 14.

Do you no longer find her quite so attractive.

Girls, change the labels on your clothes. People are awfully gullible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BellaCat)
    I cannot believe what I am witnessing.
    Let me show you a pre=rapaelite painting:http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...achmentid=9430

Now, do you think this woman is beautiful.

I'd imagine that she would be an average size 14.

Do you no longer find her quite so attractive.

Girls, change the labels on your clothes. People are awfully gullible.

lol it wouldn't suprise me if a guy didn't even know what a size 14 is anyway.

ReputationRep:
    And might I add that if you see the number 6 hovering around some starlet at a movie premiere in a glossy magazine - they are probably referring to American sizes which are two sizes lower than ours. So that 'starlet' is, in fact, A British size 10.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know what a size 14 is

Im a 41/42 :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richardAndr)
    fatty fatty fatty
    will you piss off you sad ******?

ReputationRep:
    i cant believe you guys think a size 14 is fat. i bet youve all drooled over beyonce or abi titmuss in your lads mags, both of whom are a size 14! i think beyonce has the most amazing figure in the world i would love to look like her, and i respect her more because she isnt afraid to be bigger than these disgusting size 6 celebrities who look like they havent started puberty yet. at least she looks like a real woman, an incredibly sexy one at that!

ReputationRep:
    Dudes, it'll all be gone soon. Don't feed the trolls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    I can't get it out of my head that i'm too fat to where my stupid prom dress and go to the prom. ..........

sorry this is too long, i just dont know what to do :confused:

Ok well - you are 18 according to your profile. Majority of people that age are slightly more mature than 16 year olds, and they don't look too much at appearance, and I seriously doubt they will comment.

Also - EVERYONE will be feeling paranoid about how they look, and they will all be concerned with how THEY look, not you! So chill out

Sure, everyone wants to look nice, but so long as you are good company for everyone, you'll have a blast

Motherless Child

ReputationRep:
    everyone looks beautiful no matter what their size.

im a size 14, and although i dont love my tummy i love the rest of me. Being curvy is great!

i too have the ball coming up, and its extra difficult to find a gothic ball dress that suits me and my curves as most gothic clothes arnt designed for that type of person. but ive found the right dress and i agree, its all about how confident you are and how you hold youself.

personally id much rather be curvey than small (although smaller people are beautiful too in a seperate way)

stay happy and keep ur chin up. try eating very sensibly for the next few days if you want to feel happier about urself...thats what im doing (cutting out all junk food. and ive already shed a couple of puunds of my tummy!)

good luck and have fun!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry! My ball is on Friday, and although I'm usually a 14, had to get the dress I wanted in a 16 because Monsoon's sizes are very small. I worried for a bit but then I thought - nobody else knows what the little number says on the label! The dress is very flowy are gorgeous, and covers all my nasty bits, I don't think you can actually tell what size I am in it. My friends are all 10s but it doesn't matter because I know they like me for me, not based on anything shallow like looks.

Is Beyonce really a 14? Never knew that!

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by Mata
    ...and I agree that size shouldn't matter...
    Oh thank god for that! ... oops didn't read the rest of the sentence!

Most guys prefer curvy women according to surveys, and although you will be concentrating on your friends its always nice to know that guys will be looking

mr tomus has clearly never had a girl and is just frustrated, teenagers huh? He likes the attention because he has no friends in real life... enough said I think.

ReputationRep:
    yeah beyonce supposedly really struggles with her weight which makes her so much more appealing cos shes normal. she is obviously a naturally big woman but she controls it and looks amazing for it

ReputationRep:
    i went to see destinys child the other week and they were all wearing matching skin tight floor length dresses and i must say although beyonce is the largest she did the dress far more justice than the others. michelle and kelly just did not have to curves to fill the dress out properly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Kangaroo)
    Most guys prefer curvy women according to surveys, and although you will be concentrating on your friends its always nice to know that guys will be looking
    That's true! My skinnier mates always had more trouble finding blokes than me - boys can't resist the boobs that curvier girls possess

Plus, however fat I think I am, my BF thinks I'm hot stuff so thats good reassurance for us womanly women!

ReputationRep:
    if i was a bloke id much rather have a girlfriend with a nice bum and boobs rather than some skinny lass with a flat chest n no curves! bring back the marilyns of the world!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.