The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
bring back the marilyns of the world

HEAR HEAR!!

(i totally go for curvy girls!)
My girlfriend is pregnant and is very paranoid about how she looks, I think she looks sexy and tell her every day.
Reply 62
Ok firstly did someone delete that ******s post? I've been trying to find it to give him more neg rep :rolleyes:

And Kangaroo I'm glad to hear it
She might not appreciate it - but i bet you it'll help to stop her getting as paranoid as she would

What a lovely bloke :p:
Well she no longer says out loud, "God I am fat"... because she gets the evil eye :y:
Cellardore
LOL is that a mis-type or are you being serious? how can you say that a size 14 is fat? it's all subjective.

Everyone is different shaped and sizes. You can get two people who are both the same size in clothes but one could look bigger thn the other. It all dependws where you carry it and how you carry your weight.

For example, Beyonce is a size 14 and she has a gorgeous figure! I'd love to have a figure like hers. And if anyone has been watching big brother lately, i think that mikosi has a lovely figure, but she doesn't look like a size 10 in the slightest, yet i wouldn't say she was anywhere near fat.

Oh!!! cmon! :wtf?: I understand that you want to be kind to all people who are size 14 or more, but stop lying that it is not fat!!!! :mad:
I completely understand that people with the same size look different, but still 14 it is a bit big size and there is need to lose some weight...
I can understand that you can look sexy and pretty in some dress when ur size 14, but what when ur naked???? huh? all this fat comming out, cellulit, i can understand how it feels!!!!! I am just 8 size :elefant: and feel disgusting sometimes, what to tell when ur talkin about size 14???? And thanks to you, all ppl, :damnmate: who wrote to that girl she is not fat, she will think so and she won't have any reason to try to change herself, and get some smaller size, for example 10, and she has for it all summer!!!! So, instead of telling to her she is pretty, sexy and blah balh blah, better give her some ideas what dress to chose not to look fat, what make up to do and what exercises to do after it to lose weight!
p.s. may be you all will think that I am cruel or smth, but, people, cmon, this is the reality, face it and be honest, at least with urselves! :dontknow:
Reply 65
Hey! Come on! A size 14 is skinny compared with a size 26! And plus sized, in the shops, is 16 and over usually. I found that to be quite insulting! I know that lying to someone and telling them they look great when they don't is wrong, but why can't a curvy girl look great?
sarah1987
Hey! Come on! A size 14 is skinny compared with a size 26! And plus sized, in the shops, is 16 and over usually. I found that to be quite insulting! I know that lying to someone and telling them they look great when they don't is wrong, but why can't a curvy girl look great?

ok, if you all say that, then I am a skinny model!!!!!!! WOW! :biggrin: Great!
to everyone (minus the men who were ***** about it) thank-you for you're advice. CherryGarcia i appriciate what you are trying to say and i do plan to try and be more fit and active this summer and am already trying to make small changes to my diet tha might help. As for the dress i managed to get one that looks as good as it can and i'm actually starting to look forward to this prom now. *hugs everyone* thank-you.
CherryGarcia
Oh!!! cmon! :wtf?: I understand that you want to be kind to all people who are size 14 or more, but stop lying that it is not fat!!!! :mad:
I completely understand that people with the same size look different, but still 14 it is a bit big size and there is need to lose some weight...
I can understand that you can look sexy and pretty in some dress when ur size 14, but what when ur naked???? huh? all this fat comming out, cellulit,

im a size 8/10 and i have cellulite does that mean i should lose weight???
[QUOTE=CherryGarcia)
I can understand that you can look sexy and pretty in some dress when ur size 14, but what when ur naked???? huh? all this fat comming out, cellulit,

:redface: erm...it is possible to look good naked....and without going into detail i've certainly not had any complaints so far...!!! :tongue:
Reply 70
CherryGarcia
I can understand that you can look sexy and pretty in some dress when ur size 14, but what when ur naked???? huh? all this fat comming out, cellulit, i can understand how it feels!!!!! I am just 8 size :elefant: and feel disgusting sometimes, what to tell when ur talkin about size 14???? And thanks to you, all ppl, :damnmate: who wrote to that girl she is not fat, she will think so and she won't have any reason to try to change herself, and get some smaller size, for example 10, and she has for it all summer!!!! So, instead of telling to her she is pretty, sexy and blah balh blah, better give her some ideas what dress to chose not to look fat, what make up to do and what exercises to do after it to lose weight!
p.s. may be you all will think that I am cruel or smth, but, people, cmon, this is the reality, face it and be honest, at least with urselves! :dontknow:

Oh get real
a) being a larger size does not mean that you have cellulite. Having cellulite is a byproduct of too much coffee, too much alcohol and not enough water. It's got jack all to do with being fat
b) Let's put this in perspective. I'm a size 14. I have a BMI of 21/22 - that means that i am in the lower end of the right weight. Yeh i've got a little bit to hang onto - but I would never in a million years go out with some bony guy who was no fun to cuddle. If you seriously believe that a bloke would prefer to have a girl who is BUILT to be a size 14, but has starved herself to be a size 10, so she is all bony, and no fun to cuddle because she has bad self image, that somebody who is happy in themselves and a size 14 then you clearly have issues of size yourself - or else you're yet to meet a decent bloke
I may only be 18... but i'm yet to find a bloke who doesn't think i look damn good naked yet :wink:
CherryGarcia

LOL ok so are you telling me that beyonce, Marilyn Monroe (more recently if anyone watches big brother MIKOSI) is fat?

get real lol.

i would much rather be bigger than skinny any day seriously and i aint lying! A size 14 is not fat by any means. And i don't mean to be mean but that girl in the pink dress earlier is definately not a size 14- i am not saying that she has a horrible figure, she just looks bigger than that.

being a size 14 does not mean you have cellulite and bulges hanging out everywhere! That's out of pure ignorance that you think that. I have known plently of girls who are a size 14 and not a single bulge in their body (apart from their bust obviously)

LOL your post cracked me up seriously :smile:
Bekaboo
Oh get real
a) being a larger size does not mean that you have cellulite. Having cellulite is a byproduct of too much coffee, too much alcohol and not enough water.

exactly and anyone who knew about diet and fitness would know that.

trust me i have seen plently pictures of Paris Hilton in a bikini with cellulite all round her thighs and everything ad look how skinny she is! :eek:
Reply 73
CherryGarcia: your attitude is so skewed. Size 14 in no way constitutes fat. I was a size 14 until recently, and went down to a size 12 by sheer randomness.

Even at my very largest (size 14), I have never had cellulite, never had a bulging tummy, and have worn bikinis all summer long. If you, at size 8, feel fat, then that is your own insecurity and you shouldn’t try to make others feel the same. In all honesty, if someone tried to tell me that I was an unhealthy size and should diet, I’d slug them.

I do hope you understand that to become your ‘perfect’ size 10, a lot of size 14 people would have to starve themselves? I’m not even overweight for my height, so if I lost any, I’d become underweight. Are you seriously suggesting that people should think this is a decent attitude to have?
boo im so jealous of ppl with no cellulite lol
Reply 75
I would also like to point out that the size you are is less dependent on your tummy and more on the size of your rib cage and boobs. Think about it... is it your tummy that stops you fitting into that size 10? No - it's the way the top fits under your arms and over your boobs

So clearly the only reason I'm not a 10 is because of my massive luscious breasts - and you're just jealous and bitter :wink: (I'm joking btw - just making a point)

The same is true of bottom sizes. Ok there's a little bit of squidgee on my hips... but i could never be smaller than a 12 down bottom - i havent been since puberty because my bones are that big!!
you got a point...i have fairly broad shoulders and hips..and a biiiig bust (always have done)
It's never about weight, or dress sizes, it's about the look. I'm a size 12, size 10 in shops, size 14 in others. I'm in proportion, I'm a good shape, and I'm relatively happy with how I look (hey, nothing's perfect, and we all have little insecurities, my major gripe is that I'm way too hairy). So, some people - from looking at a number - would see me as fat. So bloody what? I have muscle from dancing, a relatively flat tummy - not perfect, but not flabby - average boobs, etc. This is how I was meant to be and if I was skinny, I wouldn't look right. The way I see it, if I was so fat and repulsive, then I wouldn't get compliments and 'he' wouldn't like me at all. People should only ever change for themselves. If they are actually overweight, then they should change for their own health, if they are normal (and yes, a size 14 is normal for a hell of a lot of people) they should change only if they want to, not because some idiot tells them that a number makes them fat.
here here charlottie! love yourself n sod wat anyone thinks about you thats the best attitude to have!!!
Reply 79
xXMessedUpXx
to everyone (minus the men who were ***** about it) thank-you for you're advice. CherryGarcia i appriciate what you are trying to say and i do plan to try and be more fit and active this summer and am already trying to make small changes to my diet tha might help. As for the dress i managed to get one that looks as good as it can and i'm actually starting to look forward to this prom now. *hugs everyone* thank-you.

have a great time at the prom, i'm sure it'll be fantastic! :hugs:

Latest

Trending

Trending