Turn on thread page Beta

Feeling to fat to go to prom watch

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree. I am a size 14 and i don't think i'm fat. Whoever told you that you are is probably trying to make themselves feel better about something that you have that they don't. Just dress up, go and have fun. I'm sure you'll look lovely.

ReputationRep:
    OK! here is a quick reply to EVERYONE. I didnt want to say that being size 14 is fat and ugly and people MUST starve to get size 10 or less!!! I DID NOT MEAN AND WRITE IT! My point was just for you people not to lie to everyone!!!! And to urselves first! I myself, dont like skinny men, how Bekaboo wrote, I like to cuddle and my BF is a very larg man!!! And I love it! My point was to make you ppl understand that with your messages like "you are not fat" you will make this girl and not just her but everyone, feel sure in herself (which is good), but they will not have aim to lose some weight, they will get just fatter, and then it can bring them from size 14 to 26 or even worse.!!! Didn u think about it? Sure encorogmen is good but u also may be should sent her some good diet, and I am not talking about starving, there are millions of diet that dont make u starve!..it is just we all should have some perfect ideal right? and with lying messages we will not reach it...I guess. But I didnt mean to hurt or smth people who are 14 size or smth, I mean it is great to love yourself and as I wrote in my 1st message was - do not pay attention to anyone, you must love urself as u r...but if u think it is possible try to lose some weight to look better!!!! thats all!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Oh get real
    a) being a larger size does not mean that you have cellulite. Having cellulite is a byproduct of too much coffee, too much alcohol and not enough water. It's got jack all to do with being fat
    b) Let's put this in perspective. I'm a size 14. I have a BMI of 21/22 - that means that i am in the lower end of the right weight. Yeh i've got a little bit to hang onto - but I would never in a million years go out with some bony guy who was no fun to cuddle. If you seriously believe that a bloke would prefer to have a girl who is BUILT to be a size 14, but has starved herself to be a size 10, so she is all bony, and no fun to cuddle because she has bad self image, that somebody who is happy in themselves and a size 14 then you clearly have issues of size yourself - or else you're yet to meet a decent bloke
    I may only be 18... but i'm yet to find a bloke who doesn't think i look damn good naked yet
    OK! here is a quick reply to EVERYONE. I didnt want to say that being size 14 is fat and ugly and people MUST starve to get size 10 or less!!! I DID NOT MEAN AND WRITE IT! My point was just for you people not to lie to everyone!!!! And to urselves first! I myself, dont like skinny men, how Bekaboo wrote, I like to cuddle and my BF is a very larg man!!! And I love it! My point was to make you ppl understand that with your messages like "you are not fat" you will make this girl and not just her but everyone, feel sure in herself (which is good), but they will not have aim to lose some weight, they will get just fatter, and then it can bring them from size 14 to 26 or even worse.!!! Didn u think about it? Sure encorogmen is good but u also may be should sent her some good diet, and I am not talking about starving, there are millions of diet that dont make u starve!..it is just we all should have some perfect ideal right? and with lying messages we will not reach it...I guess. But I didnt mean to hurt or smth people who are 14 size or smth, I mean it is great to love yourself and as I wrote in my 1st message was - do not pay attention to anyone, you must love urself as u r...but if u think it is possible try to lose some weight to look better!!!! thats all!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adarah)
    have a great time at the prom, i'm sure it'll be fantastic! :hugs:
    thank-you...starting to look forward to it now, and i don't think i look too bad in the dress..will post pics when ive been

ReputationRep:
    ooo yay! have a great time hun!!!

ReputationRep:
    thanx x

ReputationRep:
    size 14 is not fat. If it is the way you are naturally built and you are eating reasonably already then losing weight will be extremely difficult and dieting may cause more problems. you should go out and enjoy yourself, not worry about what shallow people will think

ReputationRep:
    Size 14 is actually below average (size 16 being the UK average for women). You are not fat! An event such as a prom is bound to make you feel more self conscious. If you feel the need, buy a dress that flatters your curves. No one will think you look fat because you aren't.

ReputationRep:
    a size 16 is the average size in britain...ur not that big so dont worry. embrace ur curves!! lol

ReputationRep:
    the prom was brilliant and i had a great night, thank-you for your support and advice, i probably wouldn't have gone if not for you lot! plus everyone was complimenting me on my dress (and figure ) so it was a good night.

beki xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    the prom was brilliant and i had a great night, thank-you for your support and advice, i probably wouldn't have gone if not for you lot! plus everyone was complimenting me on my dress (and figure ) so it was a good night.

beki xx
    Good for you love. Though they apparetly forgot to compliment you for self confidence, and your ability to pull yourself up by your own bootstraps too. well done! best wishes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)

beki xx
    aww so glad u enjoyed it! now u have all those memories to bring you up when yr down!

ReputationRep:
    Good for you!!! We are all glad you had a good time and u actually did it we are all waiting for pictures

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.