Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    if your pred A*/A's and you only need 4C's dont you think you should find a better 6th form, lol
    5 A* - C grades are required for my 6th form, and I already have one A grade which is why I only need 4 Cs. 5 A*-C grades are actually the standard requirements for any state 6th form - why would I move because of that? :confused: My 6th form is actually one of the largest in England, and we get students moving from private schools because of the teaching.

ReputationRep:
    Sixth Form requirements are often misinterpreted. Many people think that if a Sixth Form requires 5 A*-C grades (including C grades in the courses you wish to take) then the Sixth Form has low standards... Like I've said before this could just mean that a Sixth Form can be less choosey as there may be less students wishing to study there...

ReputationRep:
    ok when put that way, i can understand, it just that when yo write you only need 4C's it just seems really bad, lol, sorry, my school want 5-A*-B with an A at least in the subjects you wanna take, (A* in maths usually because of the competetion)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Corleone)
    Sixth Form requirements are often misinterpreted. Many people think that if a Sixth Form requires 5 A*-C grades (including C grades in the courses you wish to take) then the Sixth Form has low standards... Like I've said before this could just mean that a Sixth Form can be less choosey as there may be less students wishing to study there...
    I know man, my 6th form are quite leniant with things like that, i mean it'd be a bit harsh turning down someone for A levles i they had 4 Bs and the rest Ds. As my head of 6th form was my old english teacher and she likes me she'd still let me in

ReputationRep:
    Get a job! Guess I wouldn't really have any other option..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xlouisedoll)
    Get a job! Guess I wouldn't really have any other option..
    You dont HAVE to get a job, there's always retakes and other college stuff around. Its always better to have some other further education other than GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    Not bothered about that cos it's only 5 Cs that are mandatory for my school...i pity those who go to private schools and have so much pressure on them- my 6th form's easy to get into and pretty good (esp our beautiful new science block..). Also, my physics teacher told me he'd still let me do physics if i got an E, so i'm not too worried! (and no, i didn't bribe him- despite what some people say)

ReputationRep:
    In my school u need 6 A* -B, and at least a C grade in English Language and Maths. U also need a B grade in the subjects u want to do for AS or/and A2 level, but I'm not sure if it applies to Business Studies and Economics.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably try to make myself busy, get a part-time job, look for when to do re-sits, study myself so I didn't fall behind, but something would have t go seriously wrong for me not to get the results, so fingers crossed it hasn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gothic pixie)
    Not bothered about that cos it's only 5 Cs that are mandatory for my school...i pity those who go to private schools and have so much pressure on them- my 6th form's easy to get into and pretty good (esp our beautiful new science block..). Also, my physics teacher told me he'd still let me do physics if i got an E, so i'm not too worried! (and no, i didn't bribe him- despite what some people say)
    An E! Woo you need an A/B in physics GCSE to get into it at A level at my school.

I so wish our school would totally do out the science blocks, we still have some old black boards in some labs. 2 are really nice and modern and the rest are not worth mentioning.

ReputationRep:
    Do a course in photography. Probably.

ReputationRep:
    I might just go abroad to live.

ReputationRep:
    My college Science block is really snazzy and posh!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Corleone)
    My college Science block is really snazzy and posh!!
    lol that must be nice for you.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. However our school is ment to be one of the best in the county but they let you study subjects like RE and Business Studies even if you haven't done them at GCSE level. I mean how do they know your any good at them? Is this normal for a comprehensive school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by want2know)
    I agree. However our school is ment to be one of the best in the county but they let you study subjects like RE and Business Studies even if you haven't done them at GCSE level. I mean how do they know your any good at them? Is this normal for a comprehensive school?
    My 6th form does that, I'm (hopefully) going there in September. You need either 5 or 6 A to C grades, with at least a C in every subject you want to take - except those you haven't taken for GCSE of course. If I don't get into my chosen 6th form (the best in my area, and part of my high school), I'll take resits as my school allows you to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    An E! Woo you need an A/B in physics GCSE to get into it at A level at my school.

I so wish our school would totally do out the science blocks, we still have some old black boards in some labs. 2 are really nice and modern and the rest are not worth mentioning.
    Yeah, ur meant to have at least a C to do A level, but my teacher had such faith in my coursework that he said he didn't care how i did in the exam! yay! one less subject to worry about....most of our labs are disintegrating cos they've been the same since the 50s, but the new block is meant to be posh....we even have a fume cupboard instead of being told to do experiments by the window and not inhale!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.