Turn on thread page Beta

Hard Fi - thoughts??? watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard Hard to Beat / the album?

What do you think... I'm loving HTB now - been playing it all day in rotation with The Killers hehe.

ReputationRep:
    I think hard to beat is v good, but none of tehir other songs that i have heard have really stood out to me.

ReputationRep:
    Hard-Fi are awesome. All three of their singles are great, I haven't heard the album though, just heard them on XFM.

Cash Machine is brilliant, I think.

ReputationRep:
    I love 'Tied Up Too Tight' and HTB is pretty good too, looking forward to the album, out in a few weeks I think

ReputationRep:
    I saw them supporting Kaiser Chiefs in Nottingham - thought they were good - not excellent - just good. I like HTB and 'cash machine' best.

ReputationRep:
    They suck, nuff said. I saw them support Green Day and they had no energy or ooomph in their live performance, plus theyre a bunch of chavs. Anyway, their music sucks, yet another addition to the ****** Indie music that is going around these days....
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I saw them supporting Green Day and they were crap!

ReputationRep:
    Saw them supporting Kaiser Chiefs and thought they were pretty good. Haven't heard the album but I bought 'cash machine' which is quite good. Still undecided, but they seem ok!

ReputationRep:
    The singer needs a punch in the face with a fist made of broken glass. His voice is painfully anal. They are the most boring, generic, banally unoriginal band I have ever seen the new faux-indie scene plagued by. Chavs do not need guitars. We all know that around there there's only music so that there's new ring tones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren18)
    Anyone heard Hard to Beat / the album?

What do you think... I'm loving HTB now - been playing it all day in rotation with The Killers hehe.
    Yeah, HTB is pretty good! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I quite liked Tied Up Too Tight. Parts of it reminded me of some old Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine stuff.

ReputationRep:
    i quite liked what i'd heard of them on the radio, but then they were so boring supporting green day that i've been put off them now

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like they had a bad show supporting Green Day, because they were really good as Kaisers support.

Shame, really, because it's one of the biggest audiences they'll have played to now they've had to pull out of Glastonbury.

ReputationRep:
    A tad chavvy.

ReputationRep:
    HTB is a good song but has some weak parts in it. I dont think its chavvy but the beat is quite erm......clubby?? Their songs sound empty live but they put on a good performance.

ReputationRep:
    Seen them live a couple of times and bought a couple of singles/downloaded some songs off the album a while ago.

I think they're really good, lots of energy and the songs are catchy and easy to sing along to.

Favourite is Cash Machine, love that one.

ReputationRep:
    hard-fi are great.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't really think much of them to be honest, they just sounded so generic and the fact they butchered seven nation army didn't help matters.

ReputationRep:
    They're a love-em-or-hate-em band. Personally, I like em.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.