Turn on thread page Beta

Virginity [when did you lose yours?] watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't regret not waiting till I was married. I was 18 & it felt right. I think I would have regretted it if I was any younger. The worrying thing is that in society, 18 is perceieved to be quite late in losing your virginity. Particularly with many people in my year who lost it at like 13!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dramatic Star)
    I don't regret not waiting till I was married. I was 18 & it felt right. I think I would have regretted it if I was any younger. The worrying thing is that in society, 18 is perceieved to be quite late in losing your virginity. Particularly with many people in my year who lost it at like 13!
    lol, thats in our degrading society i think.

and for those who lost it at 13 are just plain sad and unpatient. really whats the rush. its not like you will never have sex.

ReputationRep:
    well im 19 and havent lost mine yet.

i want to but havent met anyone yet. no one seems to be interested in me.

i was seeing someone last week but we broke up. i think i was too pushy with him cos he was sorta my first bf. even though we werent really gf/bf cos we werent even together a week. but anyway....ive learnt to play cool.

im nervous about my first time cos i really dont want it to hurt as i dont use tampons and basically nothings ever gone up there. but i am quite a horni person and fantasise about so much sexually what id love to do with a guy but anyway...guess i just gotta wait.

karen x

ReputationRep:
    I used to go out with a girl from Haywards Heath while I was at uni, but after I left, we broke up because we lived so far apart. See where I'm from?

Marcus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyj72)
    seriously there shouldnt be a rush to loose your virginity. Cant u guys and gals wait until ur married?
    Shouldn't people have the right to decide themselves? Does it bother you that much?

I was 15, had been with the guy for 6 months.. we broke up soon afterwards though (nothing to do with the sex!). I didn't feel sore and he was very caring and he knew it was my first time. No regrets

ReputationRep:
    I was 16, it was rubbish, I didn't know what I was doing, neither did she.

I wish I had waited, until I came to uni, you will learn an awful lot at uni, outside the lecture halls...

She was nice enough but the sex was crap, just wait until you find someone you love or you feel you are not in a rush or you know that he/she will know what to do.

I can't stand it when i'm with a girl who just lies there, its such a aphrodysiac (if thats spelt correctly) when she takes a bit of charge and tells you what to do and when, and also if she chooses positions.

Just wait, you will know when the time is right. I didn't, I was just a really horny teenager, now i'm just a really horny guy.

ReputationRep:
    I was 15 and she was 16. She'd had sex before and although we were in along term relationship (ended at around 18 months) I regret it now, as it's only recently that I've fallen in love for the first time aged 17, and I wish i could have my first time with her instead, but alas. Oh well you can't change the past.
    x.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puk2184)
    Shouldn't people have the right to decide themselves? Does it bother you that much?

I was 15, had been with the guy for 6 months.. we broke up soon afterwards though (nothing to do with the sex!). I didn't feel sore and he was very caring and he knew it was my first time. No regrets
    well i think i went a bit too OTT there but its up to you at the end of the day i think. :eek: did i just say that. i think its cos im planning to keep mine until then thats y.

but everyone should decide when the time is right for him/her to loose theirs i guess

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok, here we go. Nothing like tradition Well since everyone else is doing it :p: why not I? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I was around 21.1.

He was (and IS still) 25, yes long-term BF (although he wasn't a virgin LOL! He lost HIS at like 17 to someone else, obvioulsy :eek: ).

There, now everyone's happy

Heh I don't normally reply to these types of threads, so this is rare for me :eek:

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    :eek: :rolleyes:
    Yeah I know, I'm a freak in my own country too, where the average age is about the same as in the UK. You can go do some stats research if you really care enough :p:

ReputationRep:
    No I was just trying to provoke you So where in Oz are you from? And do you mind me saying you are fit? *drools politely*

ReputationRep:
    *bets Ramroff is a virgin*

ReputationRep:
    gf is away on holiday, so have nothing to focus my energy on

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    *shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, but she is nice...

*hopes Gemma doesn't read this...*

ReputationRep:
    who, Danni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyj72)
    seriously there shouldnt be a rush to loose your virginity. Cant u guys and gals wait until ur married?
    In my experience:

Only ugly people say that.

Or fanatical Christians/Muslims. (sorry if I missed anyone out)

ReputationRep:
    Haven't lost it yet.

The other day, a friend of mine was talking about how she and another girl were comparing - "I've had eight", "I've had nine, that's one more than you!" - and even though I was the only virgin amongst a group of five, I didn't feel left out. Sure, they were talking about things I've only ever read or heard about, but to hear the idea of sex as something like that is just...appalling, in my opinion. She and the other girl are making a name for themselves.

At the moment, I'm not in any rush to lose it. Had the chance to last year, with my ex boyfriend, but I felt I was too young (though, at 15, it wasn't because of the age law. I just didn't feel ready). He dumped me less than a week later. Go figure.

That experience has sort of put me off in a way. That was the closest I had ever been to a guy and although he didn't get as far as he'd liked, I felt really dirty and just generally "ugh", and I couldn't get it out of my mind afterwards.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.