Turn on thread page Beta

Virginity [when did you lose yours?] watch

ReputationRep:
    Interestingly, I had my phallus physically inside a girl for the first time when I was 15. But she said it really hurt (virgin too), so I thought it'd be best to 'pull out', as it were.

.. 17.

ReputationRep:
    my god there are a lot of virgins on this site - more than i would expect, not saying it's a bad thing though!

ReputationRep:
    I am in my early twenties and i am still a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    Im actually dead suprised by this poll. In my social group (were all 18) i know 2 people out of say 50 that are virgins, i live in the country and theres not a lot to do tho!

ReputationRep:
    I wish I lived in the country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riccardo)
    I wish I lived in the country
    He he, that made me laugh aloud!

ReputationRep:
    tehehe. Those hay stacks and stables just provide a better environment than, erm... A graveyard? How morbid is that?!

ReputationRep:
    I actually know someones whos had sex in a graveyard... and a church and no it was not me!

ReputationRep:
    I actually know someones whos had sex in a graveyard
    It wasn't necrophilia was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekillersrock)
    my god there are a lot of virgins on this site - more than i would expect, not saying it's a bad thing though!
    I think its more of a "only virgins "are polling to this thread than the non-virgins and also that probably most of the TSR population are young.

ReputationRep:
    lol. The thing is that the girls one might want to have a sexual relationship with are in stable relationships and for good reason. It's not good to go and rag some pikey because you just want to rag something. So you get to 18 and departure for university with no sexual experiences - wishing you'd lived in the country! I can't believe 2 people put before 14 :eek:

ReputationRep:
    bahhh what's virginity anyway these days?

This song, Allison Krause, by the Stills is very true:
    "She lied, said she was a virgin and I asked her 'which version?'"

ReputationRep:
    Wow, judging from the threads that frequent here so often, I would have thought more had lost it - interesting poll results.

ReputationRep:
    I agree very interesting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Wow, judging from the threads that frequent here so often, I would have thought more had lost it - interesting poll results.
    The average age here is probably 16/17. 17 is the average age to lose virginity (though I'm not sure it's the median age but what the heck, we're not here to do statistics) so it's not surprising half have and half haven't.
    The other factor is that people that are a bit more educated (we've more mentioned that people on TSR are probably more academically succesful than the average) lose their virginity later because they're more informed.

The less you understand about sex and relationships, the higher the chance of losing it at a young age.

ReputationRep:
    or it could just be the age old theory that smarter people are uglier...! (thats a joke before someone goes on the offensive!)

ReputationRep:
    or a compliment... (in a way)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicola1986)
    or it could just be the age old theory that smarter people are uglier...! (thats a joke before someone goes on the offensive!)
    Could be but in my experience, those that lost their virginity first among people I knew were hardly God's gift to men/women. To be honest, they were very unlucky when it came to looks... They were usually quite ugly people desperate for affection.
    When every guy wants to sleep with you, you're not going to sleep with the first one that comes around and tend to take things slowly.

ReputationRep:
    ok as i said i was joking! please dont be offended by it, i didnt mean it, i know loads of smart, attractive people and to be honest i think people make to bigger deal about sex nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    The average age here is probably 16/17. 17 is the average age to lose virginity (though I'm not sure it's the median age but what the heck, we're not here to do statistics) so it's not surprising half have and half haven't.
    The other factor is that people that are a bit more educated (we've more mentioned that people on TSR are probably more academically succesful than the average) lose their virginity later because they're more informed.

The less you understand about sex and relationships, the higher the chance of losing it at a young age.
    or they're all too busy studying/feeling superior/in d and d to get laid?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.