Turn on thread page Beta

Virginity [when did you lose yours?] watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekillersrock)
    or they're all too busy studying/feeling superior/in d and d to get laid?
    Haha, the thing is though a lot of really really smart people that i know dont go out that often so i suppose they dont have the same chances to meet people! Its not like everyone on here who isnt a virgin went out and thought 'oh todays the day for sex!' Its a natural pogression in your life, you snog people, u have so called 'fumbles' with people and eventually it will go further with someone! And thats the end of that! xx

ReputationRep:
    true true true @ nicola!
    i could live without it (for some time ^^)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicola1986)
    Im actually dead suprised by this poll. In my social group (were all 18) i know 2 people out of say 50 that are virgins, i live in the country and theres not a lot to do tho!
    Meh, I live in the country and most people I know didn't lose it that early. It varies, and I find threads like this quite pressurising either way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorani)
    True this, a 'friend' (more of a person I will only talk to if forced to) told a mate her bf, who was some arrogant guy who believed he was a stud and any girl would be lucky to have him, lasted 19 seconds with her and another time 21 seconds. They're still together, a few months I think and it hasn't gone higher than that.

Feel better about the timing of yours grace?
    19 and 21 seconds exactly huh? Who was timing it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    that was a joke, im sure its nothing to do with that, its probably just something in the water out here or something...!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's much correlation between being "informed" (and somebody somewhere trod the controversial line of saying that being informed = being above average academically, which I regard as total bull) and losing virginity later. I may be "informed" and a virgin, but that's not necessarily by choice :P. I can't help it if I haven't even been kissed because of being genetically designed to repel the opposite sex.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not shocked at the result lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yelwalkietalkie)
    I don't think there's much correlation between being "informed" (and somebody somewhere trod the controversial line of saying that being informed = being above average academically, which I regard as total bull) and losing virginity later. I may be "informed" and a virgin, but that's not necessarily by choice :P. I can't help it if I haven't even been kissed because of being genetically designed to repel the opposite sex.
    There are other issues but if you haven't found someone to sleep with, you could just make it clear to guys you meet that you're up for it. No question about it, it would work.
    Getting sex isn't difficult. You can be very repelling yet find someone to sleep with. It's all about having standards. If you really wanted to, you already would have. Probably without realising it, you have higher standards than you might think.

Being informed allows you to understand all the complex things about sex, and see it as something more than just an issue of putting your bits somewhere. That's how you would see it if you weren't informed and you would end up doing something stupid without understanding the whole situation. It's no wonder that girl's who are naive and not too bright are more easily convinced by an older guy, often because they're not aware of the complex issues around sex. For example, a guy only has to lie to a young girl and tell her he loves her to get her into bed, mainly because she doesn't have the maturity to understand how relationships work.
    I'm sorry if I'm only considering the rather general situation of a young girl being encouraged by an older more experienced guy.

It's also from personal experience, that the very attractive girls I've known have tended to lose their virginity quite late unless they were into a serious relationship when they were young. Why would an attractive girl want to shag the first random guy who asks? Attractive girls tend to know how to get what they want much better than less attractive girls.
    Girls who weren't all that tended to just be grateful for any affection they would get and give in very easily.
    For guys however it's a whole different story but that might also be due to the fact that guys need a bit more than just looks to get a girl in bed.

ReputationRep:
    My first time was with my neighbour when i was 17 and she was 21.. she was a virgin too.. she convinced me while there was no one in my house.. i had fun though and was very exited, quick and hurt her, lasted 2 minutes the first time, second time lasted much longer .. it was a fantastic experience though

ReputationRep:
    Something I find kind of odd is that of the, say, 30 people i know pretty well as friends 10 of which girls and 20 blokes, 4 defintely and possibly 6 of the girls are not virgins, while maybe 20 of the blokes are still virgins. Something really doesnt add up.

It seems even more odd when you bear in mind that the girls are all 16/17/18 whereas the guys are 18-20.

Perhaps i just have an odd mix of friends...

ReputationRep:
    Girls do seem to lose it earlier. I had chances of course when I was younger, me and all my mates did. Most of them lost it when they were 19, same age I did. The girls we know though all lost it earlier. One girl sleeps with anyone...even disgusting, scrawny druggies with little peckers o,O I have no idea why.

Anyway...I think lads are more careful, but its probably 50:50 ish.

ReputationRep:
    Most of my friends (girls) are virgins, except I don't have a ton of guy friends, and I if I did I probably wouldn't ask them about their virginity... The majority of my friends have high morals and are waiting for the right guy or even until marriage.. which is something I want to do but I don't know if I will. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I would feel so bad on my wedding night knowing I've slept with other people. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanda)
    Maybe I'm just paranoid but I would feel so bad on my wedding night knowing I've slept with other people. :confused:
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    Why?
    I'm not sure.. I always viewed marriage and virginity as something sacred, something you don't just throw around. I view virginity as a gift you give to your life-long partner, even though that (mostly) isn't the case nowadays. It's kind of shocking to me that people even in their mid-teens, some who can't even drive yet, are making the huge decision of having sex, which brings physicial & emotional changes, and God forbid an STD, STI, or even a child. :confused:

BTW I just wanted to mention.. that if you are in your mid-teens and have had sex or whatever the case, and it was something you didn't regret or anything, that's great and it is your own decision.. please don't think that I'm trying to make my views sound right or better than anyone elses, because they arn't, and I respect everyone elses decisions.

ReputationRep:
    The poll results don't surprise me.
    TSR is not a comprehensive cross-section of society and the poll was posted at 5pm on a Saturday when a lot of people who like to go out at night will be spending time with their mates and getting ready to go out for a night on the town. I'd present a hypothesis that such people are more likely to have sex than people who stay in on a regular basis at the weekends.
    I'm still a virgin... but I'm proud to say thats by choice rather than not having the opportunity

ReputationRep:
    i have to agree with samtheman...*risks sounding vain*....i had loads of opportunities when i was younger and because i had lots of good-looking and decent blokes offering, i knew i'd never be in the situation of 'i better lose it now, else i never will'.

As a result i could afford to be picky and wait until i was definately ready and with the right guy. Sure, he only lasted 8 minutes but hey, can you blame him?! lol

ReputationRep:
    19 and 21 seconds exactly huh? Who was timing it
    His girlfriend, she was just that bored.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just wondering. I'm almost 16 and never dated or anything (and not really wanting to). So i never kissed a boy and definitely never had sex.

I plan to date when i go to uni, when i won't have my parents on my back. But i don't think i'll be very... er... willing(is that the right word) as other girls who have dated. I mean, i want my first kiss to be really special and everything. and probably won't have sex with my bf for years... i dunno.

If it was you, and you've already had sex, dated around (as most people have by 18), would you want to wait for someone who you don't really know, and probably can't even get a kiss from?

(Hopefully all that actually made sense)

ReputationRep:
    I'm a virgin and proud!!!!

ReputationRep:
    15...still with the guy

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.