Turn on thread page Beta

Virginity [when did you lose yours?] watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    Wouldn't have guessed.

ReputationRep:
    Why? I think we Europeans just think differently of sex to you Americans, we have less strings attached

ReputationRep:
    Why? I think we Europeans just think differently of sex to you Americans, we have less strings attached
    Seeing as I'm not European I suppose that's not my problem then, huh? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm aware, it's the French and the Germans who are completely sex-obsessed, while the British are slightly less so.

ReputationRep:
    I just love how ramroff is speaking for all Europeans, this from the person who thinks kids should be having sex at 11 and that sex shouldn't always involve love. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm with Ramroff, I had sex when I was 15 and never regretted it, it went fine and I enjoyed it Sex doesn't have to be about love. Sure it can be nice when it is, but you can also enjoy the purely physical aspect of it, some of the best sex I've ever had has been with people I don't love

ReputationRep:
    *sigh* I think there's no point in having sex if it's not with someone you love.. then you're just using that person to release your sexual urges.. sounds like what diseased little prostitutes are for. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    But if both people are responsible, mature, and BOTH parties don't feel they are being used or being coaxed against their will, really, what is the problem?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe there are just some people who want to have one, and only one sexual partner, the person I loved and will love forever. The last thing I want to be is a playboy.

I remember one illustration I was once told by a friend of mine on this subject (sex with multiple people). He said I shouldnt be inpressed by that. He said that if I saw an alcoholic spread out on a park bench, would I say, "Gosh, can he drink!". No. I wouldn't be impressed becaus this man has not managed to keep his vices under control. And its the same thing with playboys.

No offence to anyone, but I really am against sleeping around.

ReputationRep:
    just before i turned 17, pretty average, wish i waited a couple of months tho! when i met my current bf! )

ReputationRep:
    hey i will lose it only if it someone perfect..
    there is plenty of time yet....
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Haha, fun times! I was 16, and it was a drunk one nighter.

I'm going to agree with ramroff. You can have a lot of fun without necessarily getting involved emotionally. Perhaps it works for some people and not others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorani)
    This thread may have been done before and if it has could someone please provide the link.

I was told that the average age a girl loses her virginity is 17 but I wasn't entirely sure if people (both guys and girls) could tell me the age that they lost theirs I'd be curious to know. Also I also keep hearing that it tends to be a bad or only okay go the first time so you could tell me if yours was awful, okay, good or brilliant?
    did u loose your at 17?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanda)
    *sigh* I think there's no point in having sex if it's not with someone you love.. then you're just using that person to release your sexual urges.. sounds like what diseased little prostitutes are for. :rolleyes:
    nicely put. im a proud virgin and dont intend to loose it anytime soon. After marriage yes, then she will be the right person to loose it to. someone you love and are comitted to for life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euge)
    Thanks Krysa. It says she's 16 on the faceparty link becaus ethat is the minimum age you can make an account.

By the way people, I have a question.

I'm 14. Am I expected to be a virgin or not? I mean, do people here reckon I should have sex now or in the near future? I'm curious.
    I would say on average you would expected to be a virgin... as for having sex, like everyone has said if you feel ready and you know the risk blah blah then go for it!

But before you do think about this, say you have a conversation with your mates in a few years time about who you lost it to etc this person whom you have had the offer from and your relationship with her, would you feel proud/happy saying yeah when I was 14 with **** or would you be maybe ashamed that you didn't wait longer?

ReputationRep:
    sex isn't always about love, it can be about having a good time
    i agree. i think it's okay to have sex with someone for three reasons. one: you're in love. two: you fancy each other and get on well (and are maybe going out). three: you're smashed out of your mind.

it might be nice to just sleep with one person, but at least if i get married, i'll know what it's like to sleep with other people, and i'll know that it's true love etc.

ReputationRep:
    not sure how sex will make you know its true love, but hey, whatever it is in your mind, i know what i love isnt what everyone else loves, confuzzled myself now. It was back in April i lost mine, so 17 and a half. I love the bloke more than i thought i could ever love anyone ever, and it was totally perfect. He was perfectly gentle with me and let me get used to it all a nice slow pace. And we was already cuddled up naked in bed when he asked, and i just wanted to cry then and there with love because he didnt just jump me (in a romantic way) confuzzled again....

ReputationRep:
    I lost mine when I was 14, and I'll be the first to admit that I should have waited. Although, I am still will the guy I lost my virginity to, and have been for almost 2 years - so it was good in that respect, as I lost it to someone meaningful rather than on a drunken one night stand.

ReputationRep:
    seriously there shouldnt be a rush to loose your virginity. Cant u guys and gals wait until ur married?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.