Turn on thread page Beta

Another thread about moles... watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok I've searched for this and it hasn't come up, so please don't flame me
    I have a raised mole in a rather awkward place, its just on the left of my breast, almost not on it, but just enough to get in the way of my bras sometimes. Anyway, recently, a couple of bits have broken off it and it looks smaller, should I be worried? Also, if I get it removed will it leave a huge scar? Thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry. But they say with moles if it changes shape colour size etc, to go get it checked. So go see your GP. Will probably be nothing but best to get it checked. Also if its annoyin the Doc could wap it off if you wanted (the mole not the bra).

ReputationRep:
    Just read the last bit. Scarring ... if its a big mole it probably extends quite deep into the skin and might leave a bit of a scar if removed but nowt major. If its jus a little mole, will just be a little scratch a bit like a small acne scar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayD)
    Just read the last bit. Scarring ... if its a big mole it probably extends quite deep into the skin and might leave a bit of a scar if removed but nowt major. If its jus a little mole, will just be a little scratch a bit like a small acne scar.
    Ok... so getting it removed wont be too traumatic then? Thanks for your help
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by BabyAngel)
    Well, which would you prefer: a small scar that, because of it's position, most people won't see, or a mole that seems to be annoying and worrying you?!

ReputationRep:
    Go to the doc! A scar is better than cancer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayD)

ReputationRep:
    Hmm why did it post that twice? :confused:
    I'll try and book a doc's appointment soon then... though I hate my doc and am scared of them It's pathetic I know, but he always makes me out to be a total hypochondriac, even when there is stuff badly wrong with me He has looked at this mole a few years ago, but would it be ok to ask for another doctor who hasn't seen if before? :confused:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Hmm why did it post that twice? :confused:
    I'll try and book a doc's appointment soon then... though I hate my doc and am scared of them It's pathetic I know, but he always makes me out to be a total hypochondriac, even when there is stuff badly wrong with me He has looked at this mole a few years ago, but would it be ok to ask for another doctor who hasn't seen if before? :confused:
    You can ask for any doctor you like! If you have a preference, then you can say a specific doctor, or you could just ask for "a female doctor" if you'd prefer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You can ask for any doctor you like! If you have a preference, then you can say a specific doctor, or you could just ask for "a female doctor" if you'd prefer.
    Ah excellent, that's made me feel so much better about it! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    What about flat moles? I have a friend who really wants it removed, because it's right on her face. Will that leave a really obvious scar? How much do you have to pay anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st8_of_mind)
    What about flat moles? I have a friend who really wants it removed, because it's right on her face. Will that leave a really obvious scar? How much do you have to pay anyway...
    maybe she should go ask her doctor. they might do it on nhs if she blags it well (tells them it effects her self-esteem etc)

lou xxx

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 26, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.