Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    it has allsorts of hidden meanings if you look deep enough into the story. it definatly rivals LOTR, its as good as, if not better the LOTR books!

awesome books

ReputationRep:
    sorry mayb im abit slow, but what book/s did he write ? iv heard of the name, iv pro seen the books too, just cant think right now

ReputationRep:
    Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass in His Dark Materials

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks , no actually i dont recognise those titles, just hhis name

ReputationRep:
    he also wrote Ruby in the Smoke, the Shadow in the North, The Tiger in The Well and The tin Princess in another series about a woman called Sally Lockhart in the Victorain Age - they are really good as well

ReputationRep:
    right i might check them some time , god knows when il get to them, my to read list is already long enough !! lol

ReputationRep:
    omg, i love his dark materials i even hav a fave line, Amber spy glass 'And she lifted the fruit gently to his mouth' ooooo i screamed when i read it! and it still makes me smile

ReputationRep:
    they are really good arn't they?? i dont remember that line. what page is it on??

ReputationRep:
    p492 of the hardback ......sigh, its all so beautiful! <sniffle>

ReputationRep:
    what chapter coz ive got da paperback??
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    hmmm philip Pullman? LOVED IT, it was actually on my school reading list a coupla years bak, it certainly is worth the read especially if you luv fantasy and adventure, like me! , thus i rate it 10, i recommend that u buy the 1st one: northern lights,
    if u liked his books after reading this trilopgy you should read the sally lockhart trilogy, that real good (although its not fantasy its A class in adventure and reallly cool if ur a femanist!)
    synopsis? well, its about alternate worlds but don't worry it aint about time travel! it speaks of people uniting against the ultimate evil (towards the end of the trilogy and sometimes in reference, it talks bout religion, but don't be put off, coz u'll like the ending!), i liked it coz i simple luv fantasy, but also the imaginiation of phillip pullman is definately visualised in this trilogy. U should definately read it!!

ReputationRep:
    He also wrote a kind of teenage issues one called the Broken Bridge which is pretty good, but not nearly as good as the others. He's just such a good writer.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh, I just finished the last book last night (stayed up till 4 in the morning!) and oh I didn't expect it to be so sad!!!!

:bawling: Never cried whilst reading a book before, and I'm amazed that I did with this.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the way they all get aids and die...

Oh wait, that was that other book . Sorry

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.