Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested in how anyone who did a gcse in classical greek (exams last week) found the papers-or more to the point is there anyone else out there who actually does greek?..lol

ReputationRep:
    I did it last year, so you probably had my papers as mocks. How did the exams go? What texts did you have?

ReputationRep:
    Aah good old GCSE Greek. How fondly I remember the sheep's blood on the poop deck, and Odysseus' shining bow.

Then along came AS Level Greek, and with it the ugly, bearded face of Thucydides. Gave up after that. No more Greek for me.

I've just done my last A Level exam, which incidently, was a comprehension of lovely latin.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, you did the same texts as me! I'm sorry, I've only ever met two other people who studied them, and they were in my Greek class. I did my last A level exam (less-than-lovely Henri IV. Git.) last friday. I feel all special.

ReputationRep:
    No need to apologise, it's natural to be excitable in the presence of a CLASSICAL BEAST like me. That's right, I said CLASSICAL BEAST. Maybe not so much of a beast after this morning, since the only place I'll be doing Latin from now on is in my dreams.

Which texts are you talking about anyway?

ReputationRep:
    T'Odyssey (yes, the Sheffield accent is necessary. All the cool people speak Greek with a Sheffield accent) book whatever it was, with the stringing of the bow, and Antiphon's Murder of Herodes trial thing for prose. And we did something on Minoans, Mycenaeans, and Homer for the background topic.
    How can you give up Latin??

ReputationRep:
    Latin is a great language, but I was never fond of all the analysing and word order gumph that came along with the GCSE and A-Level courses.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 1, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.