Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    everyone seems to be doing edexcel, apart from a few that didi the Mod 4 paper, anyone doing the written 5 and multiple choice 6? How are you finding them? I am really struggling.

ReputationRep:
    I am and they r both buttheads of a paper

For the multiple choice I am tyring to think of things that always come up and make sure I know them such as:

CH3CO = 43

and C=O has infra red around 1800

(thats as far as iv got so far lol)

Im just trying to think of ways to save myself time instead of having to work out everything lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Looontag)
    C=O has infra red around 1800
    They give you that in the exam don't they?

I'm reasonably ok with most of paper 5, except all the ligands and periodicity.
    :rolleyes: that's most of it isn't it. I've also forgotten all of AS chemistry so who knows about that

ReputationRep:
    They do give it you yeh. but i was advised to try and learn things like that due to the time pressure. (cuz i am always very rushed for time on those damn multiple choices lol)

ReputationRep:
    I hate them! I hate chemistry and now am not going to get in my uni I'm absolutely crap at it! I havent started revising mod 5 or synop but am sure i will struggle as usual!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    I like Module 5.
    really? what do you like about it, i don't mind born-harber cycles they are ok

ReputationRep:
    Yeah..i do AQA..and thought Mod 4 the other day was the hardest i've ever done! Harder than all the past papers, in my humblest of opinions!

Module 5 is usually my weakest module, as the chem teacher for it is useless..he would be better suited to teaching amoebas...but i've had a tutor recently, so fingers crossed!

(My module 4 teacher is the best teacher in the entire universe, bar none, though!)

[At the moment i'm panicing most about my Music A2 on monday..i literally haven't done ANY revision of Prokofiev..but that isn't for this forum!]
    J.

ReputationRep:
    Thermodynamics are ok with me at the moment...however, i have been known to freeze completely when i see a transition metal test tube reactions and complexes!
    Oh my..

ReputationRep:
    we have the same teacher for all chem(gcse->as->a2) he teaches practically the whole school don't know how he manages it! i took mod4 in jan i got a C (was about 3marks off a B so i guess thats quite high) when I expected a D because i found the paper impossible. The teacher is kinda rubbish, he tells you its really simple and makes it seem simple in lessons, but then confuses himself and just says "look it up at home" and misses out whole chapters because you can just "learn it off by heart at home" he aslo has his own way of doing things which is different from the book so makes revision hard. However he makes it all seem so easy at the time you don't realise you know very little, until it is too late, hes also a pretty friendly helpful teacher soI feel bad critisizing him Going through some mod 5 now printed a set of notes off s-cool and read them through, highlighting key points, its GREATLY improved my basci knowledge of the mod5 chem but as i go thru the spec i realise i need to know a few more details, but at least it should be easier now i have given my self soemthing to base it all on!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, that teacher sounds similar to my bad teacher! He is soooo inconsistent, and expected us to learn the entire of periodicity by ourselves! He never looked at the syllabus, so there were gaps every where, and 'forgot' to teach us some of the test tude reactions!
    (Hence why i had a tutor @ £24 and hour!! Defo worth it!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbobismad)
    Ah, that teacher sounds similar to my bad teacher! He is soooo inconsistent, and expected us to learn the entire of periodicity by ourselves! He never looked at the syllabus, so there were gaps every where, and 'forgot' to teach us some of the test tude reactions!
    (Hence why i had a tutor @ £24 and hour!! Defo worth it!)
    lucky you to be able to afford that! Yep i had to learn periodicity alone, i didnt bother at the time had to do it all this afternoon, doh do i regret not learning it at the time! Ours did look at the syllabus but only taught us the "tricky" bits somehow presuming we wuold just know the rest, when it came to past papers when we asked "whats this, whats that,how does this, why does that" he would tell us the answer deadpan as if we should laready know it, without elaboration into how we would be able to figure this out for ourselves in an exam. argh in mod 1 i got a D then decided to resit it and taught mysel f it in 1week before the exam (5hours work max) and got an A, recon i have done similar for the mod3 i resat, wish it was as simple to do that for A2 mods but you really do need a teacher! finsihed going through the sylabus recon i know about 60% of it will go through the bits i dont tommorow and stuble through the synoptic bits best i can. Also have to revise for physics10 on mon argh i need a rest!think i am boring people around me who aren't taking exams, as it seems to be all i twitter on about these days,recon most of the time they just want me to shut up and get on with it so i will stop whinging, hmm that makes its sound soo simple but hard work is something i struggle with, when there are so many distractions. TSR is a big one! somehow talking about work, feels liek I am working hehe

ReputationRep:
    I agree...sooo many distractions (yes...i am a bigbrother nut..damn the live streaming on E4!)

I've only got music and chem left on Monday and tuesday.
    I'm not as worried about chem..(heh..famous last words!)
    But, as i said earlier, i am s-h-one-t-ing my music! I need a C minimum, am on a C already, but because i really, seriously have done no work for the set-text thing, my mark is gonna be pulled down! ::cry cry cry::!!

I need BBC for Chemistry at Leeds Uni...do you think they'll accept me with ABD, or BBD at worst? (A/B chemistry (A please!!), B in bio)

Sorry for the waffle! I salute you for putting up with me!
    hehe!
    J.

ReputationRep:
    heh we all waffle on. I have got physcis synoptic monday, double chem tue then thats it YAY!! i also need BBC for leeds, think I have got a B in maths, chemistry so far im on target for a b but it all rests on these two exams keeping it up, i need at least 1 to be a B or im screwed, as for physics i recon i am heading for a D unless i get above a C on mondays test! Good luck with your music, i hated it at GCSE couldn't imagine doing it for a level :eek: quick do some work for the "set-text thing"! at one point i was aiming for ABD (Maths,chem,physics) hoping i woudl get let in for 1 up 1 down, but now its going to be more like BCD unless im super lucky next week and i doubt i will get in with that! i heard they will probably let you in with 1 grade below if your course isnt really popular. fingers crossed eh. I quite like big brother myself have managed to resist temptation to watch live streams though! Instead I have developed an addiction for daytime chat shows on ITV2 and judge judy. :rofl: i leave them on in backgroudn while revising and if i need a 5min break there is always something amusing happening! Oh arnt other peoples lives interesting! guess im just a nosey beatch :p:

ReputationRep:
    lol unpopular subject! Thats my theory! Actually, coming to think of it...one of my family members works as a student support officer at Leeds Met - she said that if i didn't quite hit the offer, coz chem is an undersusbcribed course, they sould let me in!

If in doubt, we'll have to join forces and chain ourselves to the doors of the chem building until they are forced to let us on the course!! (that is..i assume you are doing chemistry...oh heck!)

ooo..i tell you what..extreme makeover home edition is my new vice! I love it...and cry everytime! (yes..a i'm a guy with emotions! ..lets just say..i have long silky hair, smell nice,wouldn't say no to Jake Gyllenhaal..oh my yes...ahem..lol!!)

Sorry..shut up jamie, (ie..me!) go to bed!

J.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbobismad)
    lol unpopular subject! Thats my theory! Actually, coming to think of it...one of my family members works as a student support officer at Leeds Met - she said that if i didn't quite hit the offer, coz chem is an undersusbcribed course, they sould let me in!

If in doubt, we'll have to join forces and chain ourselves to the doors of the chem building until they are forced to let us on the course!! (that is..i assume you are doing chemistry...oh heck!)

ooo..i tell you what..extreme makeover home edition is my new vice! I love it...and cry everytime! (yes..a i'm a guy with emotions! ..lets just say..i have long silky hair, smell nice,wouldn't say no to Jake Gyllenhaal..oh my yes...ahem..lol!!)

Sorry..shut up jamie, (ie..me!) go to bed!

J.

i want to go to leeds uni, not leeds met, and i'm doing Japanese not Chemistry :p: was all in my siggy but it seems to dissapear at random intervals. Extreme makover home sounds like the sort of prog my mum would watch :rofl: oops sorry don't mean to laugh at you but :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    hehehe...laugh away! I'm going to Leeds uni the real uni, not the met!
    Honestly..extreme makeover home edition is pretty good!
    Oh my!
    J.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marisad_uk)
    everyone seems to be doing edexcel, apart from a few that didi the Mod 4 paper, anyone doing the written 5 and multiple choice 6? How are you finding them? I am really struggling.
    does anyone have any suggetions as to what synoptic stuff might come up. i cant be bothered revising all of mods 1,2,3+4 again (as well as 5 obviously).
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    To be honest..with chemistry, i think it can be pretty much un-guessable, as everything expands upon everything else!

But then, i find chemistry easy, (relativly speaking... :p: ), so you could be talking to the wrong person!

ReputationRep:
    This is the only exam in my life which I have found revising for to be mentally exhausting

ReputationRep:
    it is killing me! I am good at chemistry but not gud enuf to get an A. I need one for my offer damnit

I just did paper 5 and 6 and got just enuf to get me over an A by 2 marks possible, but then i did the same yday and was 2 marks under an A so it really is going to be touch and go, and iv retaken the whole year 12 and 13 for chem in summer, so iv worked so hard for it. Unfortunatly module 4 was a *****.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 29, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.