Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    five

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter what module things are in the unit 5 paper is 25% module 4 and 25% as level chemistry and 50% module 5. paper 6 is ALL synoptic so you have to learn EVERYTHING cry i am going to fail

ReputationRep:
    lucky for me i retook all the modules so i dont ata worry bout revising for synoptic lol. Its still awful tho, that experiment question i just cannot do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marisad_uk)
    It doesn't matter what module things are in the unit 5 paper is 25% module 4 and 25% as level chemistry and 50% module 5. paper 6 is ALL synoptic so you have to learn EVERYTHING cry i am going to fail
    25% module 4 i never knew that, is that true?

ReputationRep:
    yes, the actual module 5 in itself is shorter than the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BLUREMI)
    25% module 4 i never knew that, is that true?

15% = mod 4
    20% = mod 6 (10% practical + 10% synoptic test)
    15% = mod 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamuraiJack)
    15% = mod 4
    20% = mod 6 (10% practical + 10% synoptic test)
    15% = mod 5

nooo not how much the papers are worth mark wise, how much of the module 5 paper will be on module 4 material. its all on aqa website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marisad_uk)
    nooo not how much the papers are worth mark wise, how much of the module 5 paper will be on module 4 material. its all on aqa website
    ....oh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamuraiJack)
    ....oh
    why are you ? I am uttely miserable about my chances of success tommorow, i have figured out, based on what i have got for aslevel and mod4, i need to get around 50ums marks tommorow out of the two papers which will total at 90ums marks, so that is just over half right, to get a C overall at A level. its going to be really hard, and that is all presuming i have got the B's in maths and physics which i can't know for certain!

ReputationRep:
    oh my goodness...

I cannot do module 5, its like I've been revising for this paper more than any other and I still can't actually answer the questions correctly, or they ask in such a way that I just don't get what they're talking about. Those stupid questions where they have complex A and its blue, then add drop by drop ammonia and it turns green, then excess ammonia and it turns some other colour, then some test with chlorine and you have to work out which TM it is and write equations out and all I can think is WTF?!

Plus I need to get BBB to get into Bristol, and I'm feeling OK about Biology and Psychology, but I got a C last year, and retook module 2 chemistry in January and got that up to a B, and retook module 3 in june just to make sure, but I have a bad feeling I'm gonna end up with ABC or BBC or something and they won't let me in...

On the other hand I thought the module 4 paper was really good, though thats possibly because they didn't ask about buffers...

Oh help...

(sorry for the overly long post, you don't need to read it all!!)

((though posting that message at the end doesn't really help if you read all the way through it before reading that you didn't need to...sigh..))

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlepinkpixie)
    oh my goodness...

I cannot do module 5, its like I've been revising for this paper more than any other and I still can't actually answer the questions correctly, or they ask in such a way that I just don't get what they're talking about. Those stupid questions where they have complex A and its blue, then add drop by drop ammonia and it turns green, then excess ammonia and it turns some other colour, then some test with chlorine and you have to work out which TM it is and write equations out and all I can think is WTF?!

Plus I need to get BBB to get into Bristol, and I'm feeling OK about Biology and Psychology, but I got a C last year, and retook module 2 chemistry in January and got that up to a B, and retook module 3 in june just to make sure, but I have a bad feeling I'm gonna end up with ABC or BBC or something and they won't let me in...

On the other hand I thought the module 4 paper was really good, though thats possibly because they didn't ask about buffers...

Oh help...

(sorry for the overly long post, you don't need to read it all!!)

((though posting that message at the end doesn't really help if you read all the way through it before reading that you didn't need to...sigh..))

:p:
    i am yet to talk to anyone who is super confident about module 5 , if anyone is out there please share your wisdom and give us no hopers (no offense anyone) some last minute tips/quick fixes please! and if anyone can help here please do
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t126757.html

ReputationRep:
    just think about all those crappy topics in Mod 1 and 2! Here some of my worst:

Available chlorine in bleach anyone?
    [basically add dil. H²SO4 and I- ions (e.g. KI) to give iodine, which can be titrated with sodium thiosulphate - 2S²O³ = I2 = ClO- = Cl² ]

Identifying Halide Ions in solution?
    [add silver nitrate AgNO³ and nitric acid (to stop precipitation of CO³ and other unwanted groups). Chlorides will give a white precipitate of AgCl turning grey in sunlight (UV). Bromides give an off white with AgBr in dil. NH³ but this is soluble in conc. NH³. I- will give off a yellow ppte. and this is not soluble even in conc. NH³

Reaction of Halide ions with H²SO4?
    KF: KF + H2SO4 --> KHSO4 + HF (no redox)
    KCl: KCl + " --> " + HCl (no redox)
    KBr: Strong steamy HBr funes, Br2 vapour, SO2 also produced.
    KBr + H2SO4 --> KHSO4 + HBr
    2Br- + H2SO4 + 2H+ --> Br2 + SO2 + 2H2O
    Ki: Violent reaction. HI and Iodine fumes. H2SO4 reduced to SO2, yellow S, and "bad eggs" H2S

Enthalpy of reaction based on ethalpies of formation/combustion?
    DeltaH(reaction) = Hproducts - Hreactants (Reaction, or based on formation)
    DeltaH(reaction) = Hreactants - Hproducts (based on combustion)

Extraction of metals? Al ore dissolved in cryolite, Ti in Ar atmosphere otherwise the Carbide is formed? Mass spectra? The mecahnisms? Where does it end?!

ReputationRep:
    Those two papers were great.

One exam left, wahey wahey wahoo.

ReputationRep:
    How can you say that!!!

The question on Ag and the tollens question were terrible!!!

But section B was good!!!

ReputationRep:
    Phew.

ReputationRep:
    section B was ok but i hated the first half!

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the mod5 an 6 exam today, I thought it was OK. ONLY A |TINY bit on ligands and colours an stuff, mostly entropy and enathly etc. What a GOOD PAPER?????

ReputationRep:
    fantastic paper 5

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't it make you feel a bit annoyed that we worried ourselves for nothing!!!

I spent 6 hours yesterday learning the colours of various compunds for 6 marks today!

ReputationRep:
    yeh I thought it was a good paper although I know I've got some wrong already! what did people get for that question where u had to convert it to gdm-3? and for the Temperature in the entropy one in Section B did you get a really high number?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 29, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.