Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Are there people on here that are just doing a levels and going into the field that they want to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philip2004)
    Are there people on here that are just doing a levels and going into the field that they want to do.
    No, cause if I went into science with just A Levels, the pay would be crizappy!

(Original post by philip2004)
    im not goin to uni. soon as i left school i started workin

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of not going to Uni - but then I went to a few open days and realised how great it would be.

ReputationRep:
    Uni is the most amazing thing ever. I've just gotten home for the summer. It's so sad. Home is miserable. I love life in Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    I was also thinking how did you hear about uni at school because i didnt know anything. i suppose its because i wanted to be cabin crew.

ReputationRep:
    It was jsut always the hinted path of education when i was in secondary. My teachers were always talking about university. I want to go alot for the education, But also for the experience. I saw my brother have a great Uni time and I jsut wanted to have the same.

ReputationRep:
    i'm not goin to uni! - at least for this year...

ReputationRep:
    i thought about not going...... then i thought..... LOTS OF SEX

and education blah blah blah

ReputationRep:
    It's too bad that people can hear you having sex through the walls of student accomodation. -.-

I'm not going to university for a year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will)
    It's too bad that people can hear you having sex through the walls of student accomodation. -.-
    who cares :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The people trying to get to sleep

ReputationRep:
    Im not going to uni although nearly everyone i know is. Personally (although probably everyone on here will disagree) a degree is only woth doing if youre doing something that needs it. Such as a law degree or a phd or something like that where your job requires you to have a degree. People who do a degree just for the sake of doing a degree are a bit silly really. Lots of people get degrees in things like computer science and then end up working in a warehouse so why get the degree. Unless its for something worthwhile then youre left with a big debt and have lost 3 years of your life where you could have been earning.

Im gonna go train somewhere as soon as ive finished 6th form, or sooner if i get a place and become a pilot asap :d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyboy123)
    Im not going to uni although nearly everyone i know is. Personally (although probably everyone on here will disagree) a degree is only woth doing if youre doing something that needs it. Such as a law degree or a phd or something like that where your job requires you to have a degree. People who do a degree just for the sake of doing a degree are a bit silly really. Lots of people get degrees in things like computer science and then end up working in a warehouse so why get the degree. Unless its for something worthwhile then youre left with a big debt and have lost 3 years of your life where you could have been earning.
    There's more to life than earning money :rolleyes:
    If you get a degree and don't use it then that's your decision - unless of course you're aiming for a really competitive career. Why would you end up working in a warehouse with a computer science degree if you didn't want to?! There are loads of things you could do, the most obvious being teaching or private tutoring.
    I'm going to be doing a degree with no particular job in mind, purely because I enjoy learning, I want to experience life at uni and I want to get away from home. I'm lucky enough to have parents who are willing to fork out for everything I need, but even so, there are people who go to uni with no specific careers in mind.

ReputationRep:

Im gonna go train somewhere as soon as ive finished 6th form, or sooner if i get a place and become a pilot asap :d
    I'm well on track to getting a third, which is about as helpful to my career as a criminal record. I'm also going to be leaving with at least 10k debt. But 10k is easily worth it for the uni experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will)
    Or you might end up with a double room in halls and it would kinda suck to be laying in bed with a couple next to you having sex or to try and take a girl back to your room if there is already someone else in there.

I suppose you could join in.....

ReputationRep:
    People who do a degree just for the sake of doing a degree are a bit silly really. Lots of people get degrees in things like computer science and then end up working in a warehouse so why get the degree. Unless its for something worthwhile then youre left with a big debt and have lost 3 years of your life where you could have been earning.
    I don't agree...

Going to University isn't just about "getting a degree", it's an amazing experience. You meet a lot of people from a lot of different backgrounds, and with different ambitions. What you learn from your actual CLASSES at University is only a small percentage of what you really learn while you're there. That's my opinion anyway.

Also, if someone with a half-decent degree in Computer Science ends up working in a warehouse, it's out of choice or laziness. A degree isn't a free pass to a career, it just opens up the possibilities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will)
    That's half the fun, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    that's the reason why i want to go to uni

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.