Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    thats scandalous
    Yeah, it is seeing as it is a copyrighted image.

ReputationRep:
    he? I thought Sammy was a girl :s

Some people have relationships at work, and it can be hard if one person is more powerful than the other, l.ike their boss, as it can seem unfair if they are treated unkindly at work. This may then affect the relationship detrimentally. Similarly, a pupil in a relationship with a teacher who teaches them may feel unfairly treated if they are told off, even if it is something they would not be so bothered about in a normal circumstance. For this reason, either the teacher may treat the pupil more favourably (abusing his/her position), or may treat them fairly, but not to the liking of the pupil.

If the pupil is not taught by the teacher, moreover if the teacher is not from the same school, it seems reasonable in most situations that it should be the decision of the parties in question.

Personally, I suppose I've looked at teachers and some of them are fit, but something like 7 years in age difference can be very significant at a school age, as everyone is still learning the way of life and still maturing.

Oh well. Who's Mr E.?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Yeah, it is seeing as it is a copyrighted image.
    by the way, no-one cares to be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sambu)
    Oh well. Who's Mr E.?
    He's the teacher in question. I can't tell you his actual name coz Sam will kill me.

ReputationRep:
    SAMMY HERE!!!! LOGED IN AS SPARKY.LISTEN UP PEOPLE!!!!
    tOOK IMAGE IT WAS COOL TOUGH LUCK *****!
    IM A BLOODY GIRL MORON!
    AND TAKE NO NOTICE WHAT IS SAID ABOUT MR.NO NAME. I WAS JUST MAKING A THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

LOL

This dosen't reflect the views of sparkey in any way whatsoever

ReputationRep:
    i think its awesome..
    its exciting and even if its just for fun- im for it all the way hehhehee

ReputationRep:
    I think it should be ok and legal. Im really close to one of my teachers. We've become like best mates. I'd love it to be more than that but I know that's not possible. I think it should be up to the teacher and pupil, not others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkey)
    SAMMY HERE!!!! LOGED IN AS SPARKY.LISTEN UP PEOPLE!!!!
    tOOK IMAGE IT WAS COOL TOUGH LUCK *****!
    IM A BLOODY GIRL MORON!
    AND TAKE NO NOTICE WHAT IS SAID ABOUT MR.NO NAME. I WAS JUST MAKING A THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

LOL

This dosen't reflect the views of sparkey in any way whatsoever
    Hmm, b*tch is it? And to think I offered to make you your own individual avatar.

ReputationRep:
    I've been IN LOVE with my teacher for FIVE YEARS. Unreciprocated though.

It's not a crush, it's not an infatuation, it's love. I've learned everything I know from the man, he's been my strength.

Therefore, having been through what I have, I don't understand why it is wrong provided the teacher does not treat the pupil any different in class. This could easily be overcome by making the pupil understand that beforehand.

Why should law override love?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junglemonkey)

It's not a crush, it's not an infatuation, it's love. I've learned everything I know from the man, he's been my strength.

Therefore, having been through what I have, I don't understand why it is wrong provided the teacher does not treat the pupil any different in class. This could easily be overcome by making the pupil understand that beforehand.

My sympathy. I understand more than most people would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junglemonkey)

omg.. me too. well i know im in love with him and ive been feeling this for the last 3 yrs. i think he knows i kinda like him but hes married and just thinks of me as a pupil. but i know what u mean. i look up to him and think hes so talented and interesting and clever. i do think teacher/pupil relationships are fine. as long as it works for them and this isnt gonna be awkwards in classes/work etc.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, nice to see someone can relate

When you're racking up the years of being in love with someone you're not supposed to it's very hard. This guy, he's amazing, nothing can take that away from him and nothing will ever take away from the fact I love him. We've been through a lot together, and we always seemed to go to each other for help and advice. 2 out of those 5 years he was my teacher and 1 and a half I never saw him at all but my love remained relentless. Tell me thats not dedication?

He's married but love is a very subtle thing. Once you realise that your deadline of love is 6 years and after that you're gone and out of his life forever... You stop worrying about getting physically close to him. You stop worrying about being his 'girl' and instead you finding yourself never taking a moment with him for granted because you know what it's like and what it will be like to not have those moment and you appreciate every damned word he says - That's love.

ReputationRep:
    i think it's very common fro high school students to fall for thier teachers, they are strong supportive figures who care about you. i think it's wrong for highschool teachers to reciprocate these feelings with students as they are (without trying to offend) just children still.
    perhaps students who are in love with thier lectures at uni would face a less troublesome time as many people have "unortharised" relationships with thier lectures.
    what i wan to know is do people think it's right to have boss /emplyee relationships?
    or in the mcdonalds case, manager /crew person relationships?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snow_white)
    i think it's very common fro high school students to fall for thier teachers, they are strong supportive figures who care about you. i think it's wrong for highschool teachers to reciprocate these feelings with students as they are (without trying to offend) just children still.
    perhaps students who are in love with thier lectures at uni would face a less troublesome time as many people have "unortharised" relationships with thier lectures.
    what i wan to know is do people think it's right to have boss /emplyee relationships?
    or in the mcdonalds case, manager /crew person relationships?
    I can't believe you just put that question forward. Page two, paragraph C of the Policies & Procedures Manual specifically states that managers and crew people should be actively discouraged from dating or maintaining any undue social contact with each other. Claims the company, and individual stores, wish to avoid are those of favouritism and double standards. Also, abject discrimination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sambu)
    by the way, no-one cares to be honest
    i agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Hmm, b*tch is it? And to think I offered to make you your own individual avatar.
    Sorry Bad day.
    nice avatar though. take it as a complement.
    sorry!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammy)
    Should it be ok
    no chance its a ****ing wrong and however does it should be locked up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sean)
    no chance its a ****ing wrong and however does it should be locked up
    OK Chill out its just a question,
    why you so against it anyway? Bad experiences?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammy)
    OK Chill out its just a question,
    why you so against it anyway? Bad experiences?
    na i just hate the idea of some sick teachers using there infulance dont get me wrong im not anoid at the question i just realy realy hate the idea. its not so bad at uni level and such its just when it happens and the students are 13 - 16 years old

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sean)
    na i just hate the idea of some sick teachers using there infulance dont get me wrong im not anoid at the question i just realy realy hate the idea. its not so bad at uni level and such its just when it happens and the students are 13 - 16 years old
    Yeah i understand what you mean, but what if the pupil is older and the teacher is not purpously abusing his position!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.