Turn on thread page Beta

Do you agree with teacher-pupil relationships? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammy)
    Yeah i understand what you mean, but what if the pupil is older and the teacher is not purpously abusing his position!
    if there not over 18 its bad very bad. but then again it realy depends on the age diffrence. dont get me wrong i dont care outside school what the age diffrence is for lovers but inside the older and bigger the gap the more the teacher will have an infulance on younger people. so if there close in age yes to maybe if not i dont think so but thats just me

ReputationRep:
    fair enogh

ReputationRep:
    you cant help who you love, in the end its just two people who are in a bad situation

ReputationRep:
    Well i dont see what all the badness on the issue is about.
    Surely people should have relationships with whomever they choose?
    If it is a proper relationship then why does anyone have the right to prevent it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Well i dont see what all the badness on the issue is about.
    Surely people should have relationships with whomever they choose?
    If it is a proper relationship then why does anyone have the right to prevent it?
    i agree.. the laws are there to stop paeophilia in schools etc. but if 2 people love each other and want to have a relationship then they should. it shouldnt be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moochy)
    i agree.. the laws are there to stop paeophilia in schools etc. but if 2 people love each other and want to have a relationship then they should. it shouldnt be a problem.
    I do agree with you both, but i do believe that there must be boundarys. I mean a teacher couldn't just go around dating the whole school. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammy)
    I do agree with you both, but i do believe that there must be boundarys. I mean a teacher couldn't just go around dating the whole school. lol
    But surely they are the same, self imposed boundaries as in general society?

ReputationRep:
    Not neccessarily. people create their own boundarys. they decide if they go over them or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I can't believe you just put that question forward. Page two, paragraph C of the Policies & Procedures Manual specifically states that managers and crew people should be actively discouraged from dating or maintaining any undue social contact with each other. Claims the company, and individual stores, wish to avoid are those of favouritism and double standards. Also, abject discrimination.
    you don't have to be so bludy cranky about smartass it's not an uncommon question or occurance for that matter, and i've read the bludy Manual several times, am fully aware that the company actively discourages it, but thats it, it's not forbidden, thus the relationship in current progress at our work. perhaps next time you wish to crank at me sire you will first take into consideration that i will fight you, for a very long time my dear so best to keep the meanness down or prepare for an ass kicking.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with it, otherwise I wouldn't exist!!! My dad and mom met like that - college teacher (I think might have been assistant) and student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snow_white)
    you don't have to be so bludy cranky about smartass it's not an uncommon question or occurance for that matter, and i've read the bludy Manual several times, am fully aware that the company actively discourages it, but thats it, it's not forbidden, thus the relationship in current progress at our work. perhaps next time you wish to crank at me sire you will first take into consideration that i will fight you, for a very long time my dear so best to keep the meanness down or prepare for an ass kicking.
    I'm still waiting for that arse kicking. Now you should understand what I mean by your having a high, well balanced locus of self-control :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    I agree with it, otherwise I wouldn't exist!!! My dad and mom met like that - college teacher (I think might have been assistant) and student.
    Wow, they've stayed together I take it right? I only mention that because the one thing I may have had against this issue is that teacher/student kinds of relationships very rarely work out, and there is generally some baggage left over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Wow, they've stayed together I take it right? I only mention that because the one thing I may have had against this issue is that teacher/student kinds of relationships very rarely work out, and there is generally some baggage left over.
    Yup they are still happily married. I think this year was their 20th anniversary.

ReputationRep:
    Yup they are still happily married. I think this year was their 20th anniversary.
    Thats a lovely story.How did they finally get together. did any of them get into trouble?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammy)
    Thats a lovely story.How did they finally get together. did any of them get into trouble?
    are you asking for tips Sammy. only joking. I agree that is a nice story

ReputationRep:
    Amazing. Congrats to them. and sorry for not replying for so long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammy)
    Should it be ok
    dePAENDS IF THE PUPIL IS OVER 16 I DONT C THE PROBLEM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammy)
    Should it be ok
    no it is horrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    no it is horrible
    Why is that so bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammy)
    Nope, I think they liked each other in college and officially got together after she graduated....not entirely sure and too embarrased to ask :P

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.