Turn on thread page Beta

Do you agree with teacher-pupil relationships? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i totally think they should be legal as soon as the pupil is 16. ok, i see the dangers, but at 16, pupils should be allowed to make their own decisions regarding who they date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geordie)
    i totally think they should be legal as soon as the pupil is 16. ok, i see the dangers, but at 16, pupils should be allowed to make their own decisions regarding who they date.

I would say 16 is dodgy. You're still technically a child and need your parents permission to get married etc so 16 is a bit young. But once you hit 18, it's your life and up to you.

ReputationRep:
    its not exactly a teacher/pupil relationship, but my sister is just turned 17 and she's going out with a lad who's 21 and is helping the IT department as the sandwich year for his computing degree. They havn't told the teachers and are sneaky around at college. I don't know if its wrong or not... he's a really nice guy but I dunno what the college would say if they found out :s

ReputationRep:
    It's only an opinion but I think it's sick...
    Don't mean to offend anyone...
    Sorry
    BB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geordie)
    Oh yeh. I love to see 40 year old teachers going out with 16 year old kids. Great. Wonderful.

In my mind it should be totally illegal if for no other reason than it would create a massive conflict of interests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Oh yeh. I love to see 40 year old teachers going out with 16 year old kids. Great. Wonderful.

In my mind it should be totally illegal if for no other reason than it would create a massive conflict of interests.
    Hear Hear!!
    LoL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blush Babe)
    Hear Hear!!
    LoL
    I'm sure most people have had discussions with their peers about who is the fittest/most good looking teacher in the school. Indeed I know some people who fantasise about it... that's healthy, but going out with a pupil is wrong IMO because it breaks down the relationship they are supposed to have.

mind you, we have to consider why blokes want to become teachers in all girls schools - some guys i know described it as 'heaven'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    I'm sure most people have had discussions with their peers about who is the fittest/most good looking teacher in the school. Indeed I know some people who fantasise about it... that's healthy, but going out with a pupil is wrong IMO because it breaks down the relationship they are supposed to have.

mind you, we have to consider why blokes want to become teachers in all girls schools - some guys i know described it as 'heaven'
    I agree...
    wait a sec... YOU'RE A TEACHER?!?!

ReputationRep:
    I agree...
    wait a sec... YOU'RE A TEACHER?!?!
    lol I WISH

i quite like helping ppl with schoolwork, but i'm not sure if I wanna teach teenagers.... they'd be too hard to control and subject to mood swings. besides the advantages of teaching in an all girls tho others on the forum would probably stone me to death if i tried to take advantages :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    lol I WISH

i quite like helping ppl with schoolwork, but i'm not sure if I wanna teach teenagers.... they'd be too hard to control and subject to mood swings. besides the advantages of teaching in an all girls tho others on the forum would probably stone me to death if i tried to take advantages :eek:
    It's a good thing you don't know me or I would stone you to death!!
    About teaching, don't even think about it (and I don't mean only teenagers!!), I tried to tutor my brother once...biggest mistake in my life. No offense to anyone but I should think that teachers die soon from all the stress...
    But there are some people (who unlike me) enjoy it so it boils down to different opnions.
    Further more don't EVEN joke about having fun with schoolgirls...it's unnormal if you're above 25 or something...
    BB

ReputationRep:
    It's a good thing you don't know me or I would stone you to death!!
    About teaching, don't even think about it (and I don't mean only teenagers!!), I tried to tutor my brother once...biggest mistake in my life. No offense to anyone but I should think that teachers die soon from all the stress...
    But there are some people (who unlike me) enjoy it so it boils down to different opnions.
    Further more don't EVEN joke about having fun with schoolgirls...it's unnormal if you're above 25 or something...
    BB
    teaching is hard work I have to say - I'm not sure if I have a knack for it, but if I were to teach I'd teach A-Level and above - people who actually WANT to learn, and won't arse about in class like i did

if u'd checked my profile - you'd find that I'm 18...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    teaching is hard work I have to say - I'm not sure if I have a knack for it, but if I were to teach I'd teach A-Level and above - people who actually WANT to learn, and won't arse about in class like i did

if u'd checked my profile - you'd find that I'm 18...
    You're forgiven then ...though I still stand strongly by my beliefs. Teaching adults is a better idea but you would have hell if you ended up with people like me, intelligent but lazy .
    Happy Bday btw...know it's a bit late but I feel mine was only yesterday (which was 13 days after yours)
    BB

ReputationRep:
    You're forgiven then ...though I still stand strongly by my beliefs. Teaching adults is a better idea but you would have hell if you ended up with people like me, intelligent but lazy .
    Happy Bday btw...know it's a bit late but I feel mine was only yesterday (which was 13 days after yours)
    BB
    yeah I was kinda like that as well (bar intelligent )

O Cool so you're a New Year baby then...... Do you find that people give you Xmas and Birthdays all in one.... cuz I do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammy)
    Should it be ok
    Ugh yukkkkk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    yeah I was kinda like that as well (bar intelligent )

O Cool so you're a New Year baby then...... Do you find that people give you Xmas and Birthdays all in one.... cuz I do
    Actually they do . But I don't think it would be fair in your case because your B'day is 12 days before Xmas...

ReputationRep:
    Actually they do . But I don't think it would be fair in your case because your B'day is 12 days before Xmas...
    lol have u checked my bday properly? more like 8....

ppl think... i've already given him a birthday one.... wats the point of another xmas present as well? dunno - it's a pain having it during the holidays sumtimes since u don't get to announce ur birthday in school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    lol have u checked my bday properly? more like 8....

ppl think... i've already given him a birthday one.... wats the point of another xmas present as well? dunno - it's a pain having it during the holidays sumtimes since u don't get to announce ur birthday in school.
    YEAH and you can't have a party cuz all your friends will go "home" back to the UK!!!
    I live abroad...so you might have your friends...
    BB
    P.S. you know us replying to each other second by second, it's becoming like a chat thing...

ReputationRep:
    YEAH and you can't have a party cuz all your friends will go "home" back to the UK!!!
    I live abroad...so you might have your friends...
    BB
    P.S. you know us replying to each other second by second, it's becoming like a chat thing...
    LoL well we can continue this in PM (Private Messaging) if you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    LoL well we can continue this in PM (Private Messaging) if you want.
    If it goes on why not ....
    as long as I don't run out of things to write about .
    BB

ReputationRep:
    I think teacher-pupil relationships at that sort of level of intimacy should only be allowed if a) the pupil is over 16 and mature enough to handle it; b) the teacher does not let it affect his/her quality of teaching; c) if it has a level of seriousness to it and is not just a 'bit on the side'; d) the relationship isn't jeopardising an already existing relationship. I personally would give anything to be with the man I have my eye on...I worship every word he says and he is perfect to me precisely because he isn't perfect. He was even incredibly sweet to me when he found out how I feel...bless him. I can appreciate that the idea of a teacher-pupil relationship is not to everyone's taste though!

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.