Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    no they dont they look the same as everyone else all flaws hidden behind concleoutr blue eyes with shades of eye shadow to inhance them quite frankly its boring
    everyone's face is different...perfecting it is not making it conform. All the *perfected* faces in the world would still look different!

I'd rather wear concealer than have pimples poking out in the name of 'individuality'. And not all of us have blue eyes..i like my green eyes

ReputationRep:
    i didnyt say everone had green eyes but im proud of my blue eyes my freckles the odd spot here and there the only time i wear it is to go somewhere nice otherwise 9 times out of 10 i really dont bother

ReputationRep:
    i didnyt say everone had green eyes but im proud of my blue eyes my freckles the odd spot here and there the only time i wear it is to go somewhere nice otherwise 9 times out of 10 i really dont bother
    ah, but wait, listen to what you just said...you wear it when you're going somewhere nice. Why is that? Im guessing it's because you want to make an extra special effort and look your best. If so, you've just admitted that you look better with makeup.

I will repeat, in bold if you like; not wearing makeup all the time does not mean that you look better without it! You might look stunning without makeup, but probably a bit more stunning with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    i didn't say she would. Just that most people do and her saying she doesn't wear any doesn't prove anything.

Natural beauty is all well and good, i love waking up next to my boyfriend with a completely bare face and still looking beautiful (woah, that sounded vain!) but i know objectively my 'natural beauty' is enhanced with makeup.

I personally don't know anyone who is an exception to this rule and have travelled the world and lived in three countries over the course of my life! I know a lot of people and all of them look better with an eensy weensy bit of slap.
    i agree, people tend to look better with a bit of makeup on.
    jus cos everyone wears mascara it doesnt mean they all look the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    ah, but wait, listen to what you just said...you wear it when you're going somewhere nice. Why is that? Im guessing it's because you want to make an extra special effort and look your best. If so, you've just admitted that you look better with makeup.

I will repeat, in bold if you like; not wearing makeup all the time does not mean that you look better without it! You might look stunning without makeup, but probably a bit more stunning with it.
    not oparticlulary its just part and parcle of going to prom or a wedding isnt it? and my mother makes me :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    not oparticlulary its just part and parcle of going to prom or a wedding isnt it? and my mother makes me :rolleyes:
    heh my mother used to make me when i was younger, and now she tries to stop me putting it as often!! :rolleyes:
    but your mum obviously wants the best for you and she wouldnt make u wear it if it looked horrible!

ReputationRep:
    true and i can put it on properly and im not saying makeup is a bad thing i just dont understand why people wear it all the time its much nicer to put it on a couple of times a year and people say wow green really suits you!

ReputationRep:
    true and i can put it on properly and im not saying makeup is a bad thing i just dont understand why people wear it all the time its much nicer to put it on a couple of times a year and people say wow green really suits you!
    i agree, i wish i could wear less of it
    but once people say wow it looks nice on you, you wear it more often, and the more people that say it the more often you wana wear it, then it becomes an addiction and you cant leave the house without a bit of makeup! :eek: its horrible

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean you 'don't understand why people wear it all the time'? That makes no sense. People wear it because it makes them feel nicer, it conceals areas of their skin that don't look particularly nice and it enhances facial features.

I think that people don't need to cake make-up on all the time, but a bit on everyday (eye makeup, lip gloss etc) just makes you look nice and smart and attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    i agree, i wish i could wear less of it
    but once people say wow it looks nice on you, you wear it more often, and the more people that say it the more often you wana wear it, then it becomes an addiction and you cant leave the house without a bit of makeup! :eek: its horrible
    my freind id like that the most i wear is tinted moiustriser everyday becasue my skin is fair and it has a spf 0f 30 in it if im going out i wear a gren eyeshadow :im a red head: and balck masscara and lippy IF i really have my mates wont leave the house with out makeup and it winds me up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    What do you mean you 'don't understand why people wear it all the time'? That makes no sense. People wear it because it makes them feel nicer, it conceals areas of their skin that don't look particularly nice and it enhances facial features.

I think that people don't need to cake make-up on all the time, but a bit on everyday (eye makeup, lip gloss etc) just makes you look nice and smart and attractive.
    do you wear it?

ReputationRep:
    my freind id like that the most i wear is tinted moiustriser everyday becasue my skin is fair and it has a spf 0f 30 in it if im going out i wear a gren eyeshadow :im a red head: and balck masscara and lippy IF i really have my mates wont leave the house with out makeup and it winds me up
    you'd prob get wound up by me then!
    dont get mad at them its a small addiction and it only takes 5 extra minutes to apply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    you'd prob get wound up by me then!
    dont get mad at them its a small addiction and it only takes 5 extra minutes to apply.
    ot thatwhole have to run into ever avlaivble bathroom to touvh it up it really annoys me

ReputationRep:
    ot thatwhole have to run into ever avlaivble bathroom to touvh it up it really annoys me
    i dont usually do that! :rolleyes:
    when im out i cant be bothered.

ReputationRep:
    lol then you excused

ReputationRep:
    do you wear it?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    Yes
    seriously i wasnt being sarcastic i dont care if you wear make up i think its quite hot when guys wear makeup

ReputationRep:
    lol then you excused
    yeey

ReputationRep:
    If I had beautiful skin and didn't look stupid without makeup i wouldn't wear any either. but my eyelashes are very light, you can't really see them at all - but they are very long and look great with mascara! my skin is blotchy in places and a tinted moisturiser just evens things out - there are loads of people I know who don't need to wear make up, but there are people who well, maybe not need to wear it, but it does make them look better and it makes me feel better and only takes a minute to apply. really, this is not something worth talking about really, lol, those who want to can wear make up and those who don't want to don't wear any

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 28, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.