Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, how many people are going to post their results on TSR?
    i myself am unsure...

ReputationRep:
    it will depend of course, i will post my decent grades, but i dont know whether i will tell everyone my other grades, ie d1, maybe m2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt.forster)
    it will depend of course, i will post my decent grades, but i dont know whether i will tell everyone my other grades, ie d1, maybe m2
    lol, make yourself look good!
    for me it isnt a case of good/bad grades. i am just not sure whether i want everyone to have access to them (whether they are the best or the worst!).
    plus i think if you will post results, you may as well post ALL results! no point holding back

ReputationRep:
    I'm more of a "No." than a "No way!" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dvs)
    I'm more of a "No." than a "No way!" :rolleyes:
    care to tell us why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuber)
    lol, make yourself look good!
    for me it isnt a case of good/bad grades. i am just not sure whether i want everyone to have access to them (whether they are the best or the worst!).
    plus i think if you will post results, you may as well post ALL results! no point holding back
    yeah good point. i think i may as well, since i dont think anyone on here will discriminate or judge people on the grades.

ReputationRep:
    yeah good point. i think i may as well, since i dont think anyone on here will discriminate or judge people on the grades.
    i look forward to it!

ReputationRep:
    im actually more worried about people in my class getting better than me, lol

ReputationRep:
    im actually more worried about people in my class getting better than me, lol
    dont worry about it

i'm suprised at how this poll is going. only 1/10 will definetly not give results? i would have thought more

ReputationRep:
    well for me it's a "why not" more than "Definetly" ....

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who does really well and gloats is going to give others a lasting impression. Nobody likes a bighead.

Anyone who does moderately well and gloats, is going to be shown-up by someone who did better.

Anyone who does crap and posts their results is just plain stupid.

I probably won't post my results.

ReputationRep:
    No, I wouldn't post my results, I don't want to show off :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seankhn)
    Anyone who does really well and gloats is going to give others a lasting impression. Nobody likes a bighead.

Anyone who does moderately well and gloats, is going to be shown-up by someone who did better.

Anyone who does crap and posts their results is just plain stupid.

I probably won't post my results.
    why did u assume that posting the results is only for "gloating" ?

i mean what if someone got "not bad" marks, and posted them for no reason?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yazan_l)
    why did u assume that posting the results is only for "gloating" ?

i mean what if someone got "not bad" marks, and posted them?
    Well, I'm not trying to say everyone who posts their results is trying to gain kudos, but I remember posting my GCSE results on a forum and then some bigheaded **** who did better than me came and started preaching about how I thought I was great, when in actual fact he was so much better than me.

ReputationRep:
    i agree with the above, what if someone worked their hardest, are happy with themselves, but the result would be seen as crap by others. are they stupid?

ReputationRep:
    well... i got your point, but u cant assume that everyone is the same!
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    i agree with the above, what if someone worked their hardest, are happy with themselves, but the result would be seen as crap by others. are they stupid?
    No, but they run the risk of embarrasing themselves. That's the point I'm trying to make.

ReputationRep:
    basically anyone who would see someone else's results as crap is stupid, and therefore deserved a lower mark than that person.
    but yes i agree with the showing off thing - people often mistake clever people for arrogant people. i mean, just because you ahve great results you should abstain from posting? the person with great results may have the same intention as someone who has mediocre results - they just wish to share

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuber)
    they just wish to share
    that's ALL my point :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    oh rite, ok. as i said earlier, i dont think that on this forum there are m/any people who would act how the person did about your gcse results. so i would feel that if my results werent too standard, i wouldnt be intimidated or embarassed. but as you said, i probably wouldnt post them if they were that far off par.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 28, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.