Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i should really type faster, or be arsed to quote! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt.forster)
    i agree with the above, what if someone worked their hardest, are happy with themselves, but the result would be seen as crap by others. are they stupid?
    I know! I swear some people on here are too obsessed with doing overly well.

Myself, I got 515/600 after my first year (it's higher now), and managed to get an offer from Cambridge, but some talk as if getting less than 95/100 UMS for every module is a failure! Fair play to them - it's nice to have such ambitions and I wish I could get as gooder marks as they expect - but it gets on my nerves sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Why not? Unless something goes wrong and I fail maths - that would be too shocking to contemplate

ReputationRep:
    I would post my results to make those on TSR who have helped me know their help has paid off. Whateva i get, im sure ppl here hav helped up it by at least a few %s

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I suppose I might as well, no matter what I get, may make less people intimidated about my additional further maths in my signature, I ain't all that!

Place your bets for what I will get at Economics AS level, practically a uniform distribution of probability for each grade >.<

ReputationRep:
    im not sure- depends really on wot i get!

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely going to post my P6 results!!!!!!!111 yay, 3 out of 8...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnSPals)
    ...as gooder marks as they expect...
    ouch my grammatically tuned ears cringe and explode...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lesser weevil)
    mine dont!! i apprciete words like gooder!!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's worth taking into account the fact that nobody really cares what results other people get. Everyone is concerned about, proud of, shamed by, his/her own results. Other people's results are of no consequence.

If you accept this as fact, then in posting your own results, you are doing little more than listening to the sound of your own voice...

Aitch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aitch)
    I think it's worth taking into account the fact that nobody really cares what results other people get. Everyone is concerned about, proud of, shamed by, his/her own results. Other people's results are of no consequence.

If you accept this as fact, then in posting your own results, you are doing little more than listening to the sound of your own voice...

Aitch
    I have to say that I disagree with that. I think it's quite nice to see people doing well, especially people who have helped me or that have posted questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaz031)
    I have to say that I disagree with that. I think it's quite nice to see people doing well, especially people who have helped me or that have posted questions.
    OK - I admit to something of a devil's advocate pose here!

While reading your post, it did come back to me how proud I used to be of my own students' good grades; I used to be especially proud of those who worked really hard and excelled themselves, and perhaps less proud of the brilliant coasters!

Aitch

ReputationRep:
    you know, I'm gonna either be proud of myself or ashamed of myself, and I don't know which ... wahhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lesser weevil)
    Ouch! I can't believe I typed that :confused:

ReputationRep:
    wow, undecided is winning (that would have been my bet though). still surprised at how few wont post their results

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 28, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.