Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This song was played over the video clip of Wimbledon players at the end of the Wimbledon coverage this evening. It's belting!!! I utterly love - I have a soft spot for piano based music such as this. Anyone any other suggestions for music similar to this that I will like? Anyone agree that it's a brilliant song? :rolleyes:
    Cheers music fans!

ReputationRep:
    I agree, Landed is a great song. I love it.
    I suggest listening to some Straylight Run, I love this band. Or Waking Ashland, they're pretty cool too, though they use keyboards more often than piano.

ReputationRep:
    "Come pick me up..I've landed."

Yes! I love that song. You know Ben Folds has been around for 15 years :eek:
    Anyway, if you listen to XFM radio regulary you'll probably hear more of Ben Folds, they play that single "Landed" a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Ben Folds used to be in a band called Ben Folds Five (there were only 3 of them). Anyway, it was still piano-driven music, but way way better. Check out songs like "One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces", "Philosophy", "Song For The Dumped"...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yelwalkietalkie)
    Ben Folds used to be in a band called Ben Folds Five (there were only 3 of them). Anyway, it was still piano-driven music, but way way better. Check out songs like "One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces", "Philosophy", "Song For The Dumped"...
    They're lovely songs some very funny ones and more upbeat too like 'Julianne'.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.. I preferred it when Ben Folds was more about writing humorous, catchy songs than the ballad drivel he seems to be into right now. He was good at that, but I don't care for his current songwriting techniques. I love the self-titled album the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yelwalkietalkie)
    Yeah.. I preferred it when Ben Folds was more about writing humorous, catchy songs than the ballad drivel he seems to be into right now. He was good at that, but I don't care for his current songwriting techniques. I love the self-titled album the best!
    That's the one I have. Never heard Landed.

ReputationRep:
    You're not missing out on much. His first solo album was okay (not great, not bad), then the collection of random EPs he released was very nearly verging on terrible; then this new record is totally not worth bothering with unless you're Keane's greatest fan.

ReputationRep:
    I must say I'm quite fond of his solo stuff. Not managed to beat Whatever and Ever Amen yet, but I'm quite fond of Rockin' the Suburbs.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree - i love the music from the five, but i think his new stuff is great too. Rockin the suburbs was waay too over-produced, having seen him live on the recent tour, but Songs for Silverman is brilliant - wish they're play something other than just Landed on the radio though.

I know a lot of people are kinda elitest about BFF over BFs solo stuff, but i just see it as an evolution.

ReputationRep:
    I *love* Ben Folds. Other recommendations -- Ben Kweller, Rufus Wainwright, Anthony and the Johnsons (alot more chilled and downbeat), Ray Lamontagne

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.