Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I did 'The Function of Secondary Female Characters in Virginia Woolf's Mrs. Dalloway'
    I got an A
    You can PM me if you need help with your English Lit Extended Essay.

ReputationRep:
    People i got this ee math question from the ib guide. I derived pell equation from square triangular numbers, got the general formula for square triangular numbers and did an algebreic proff of how to solve pell. Then i will extend the investigation with continued fractions. Will that be ok?

ReputationRep:
    "What effect does the momentum of a meteorite have on the depth of the crater and the radius of the ejecta when they crash on different surfaces on Earth?" This involved loads of data gathering by dropping ball-bearings of different mass, from different heights, into sand of different grain size. Was quite interesting though, and gave some interesting results... Private message me if you want to know more, or if you want any help writing a physics extended essay.

ReputationRep:
    Aggh I'm trying to find one that's acceptable in either Computer Science or Lit, but I'm having trouble.

I kinda want to do one on Lolita: "How the vampirism of Humbert Humber and Clare Quility is treated in Vladimir Nabokov Lolita" or something about character archtypes, but I feel like it's not specific enough. ><;

ReputationRep:
    Im doing mine in chemistry and the title is "Determining the Blood Alcohol COncentration from using peoples breath samples"
    It is really fun in doing so but im not sure if it is a good enough topic! its hard to do but does anyone have any thoughts on the idea??

ReputationRep:
    My essay so far sounds a bit like, "How does Milton’s portrayal of the omnipotent and “just” God in Paradise Lost indirectly mirror that of the lusty and headstrong gods portrayed by Ovid in Metamorphoses?"
    I'm doing it in A1 English HL, primary texts being, of course, Metamorphoses by Ovid and Paradise Lost by John Milton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romy)
    My Extended Essay title was: "To what extent are Shakespeare's plays universal in time and setting with special reference to Matthew Warchus' production of the Winter's Tale". I wrote it for Theatre Arts and gave research of practical, theoretical and interpretational nature. I especially referred to the Winter's Tale production because it was set in America in the 1950s.
    what score did you get?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my ee in Spanish literature A1 HL and my title is "Authoritarianism and structural violence as characteristics of the social relations in Perú in the mid-twentieth century in Perú in the novel "La Ciudad y los Perros" by Mario Vargas Llosa"
    It's going good so far, expecting an A

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,I'm doing my extended essay on Psychology
    I recently just changed my topic because it was stupid and did not find enough research..
    So, now i'm thinking of doing on stress but am stuck and have no idea where to go from here?
    Please HELPP and also if can anyone tell me if they did theors on stress and what their topic was..
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    My topic (in German B) was:

Welche Rolle spielt das Binnen-I in Bezug auf die Verminderung des Sexismus in deutschsprachigen Ländern?

Translated it's... uh... What role does the 'Binnen-I' play in reducing sexism in German-speaking countries?
    (The Binnen-I being a form that allows the inclusion of both men and women while writing, so for example instead of writing 'Student or Studentin (female form of student)', you write 'StudentIn'.)

I got an A =D (really proud because I wanna study linguistics)

So anybody who wants to write an essay in a Language B, it doesn't have to be an essay about the same old books or movies that we always have to write for class anyway... ^^

ReputationRep:
    My extended essay topic was "Was Rumania a help or a hindrance for Nazi Germany while it was Germany’s ally between 1940 and 1944?"

Got a B with it (Obviously would have preferred an A but a B is good enough for me).

ReputationRep:
    hmn would the ancient greeks/romans be too 'soft' of a subject lol?

ReputationRep:
    hey guyz i am planning to do my extended essay in chemistry can sum1 plz help me !!! i wanna du sumthin related to fuel cells plz help!!

ReputationRep:
    My topic was "To what extent does the first movement of Beethoven's Symphony No. 7 in A Major, Op. 92 show his evolution of formal complexity away from typical Classical formal style?" Got 35/36 on it an A A Music EE.

ReputationRep:
    Jeez with all these intelligent and mature topics i feel stupid with my English B: "To what degree are the contents of popular american cartoons and tv shows for minors inappropriate for young viewers, and is it just lately, or the situation was similar in the past?"

And i'm counting on getting B...

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure what to do with mine... Would "Is the hypersexualization of women in comic books the main reason for the medium's sales declination?" be a good topic?

ReputationRep:
    Mine's Philosophy not sure about the title yet but should be something like : to what extent was the Iraq War of 2003 morally justifiable as a pre-emptive strike?
    Having a bit of trouble making it philosophical rather than historical :/.. only written 30 words so far.

ReputationRep:
    Mine was on the role of racism in the novel The Help and how it affected the character development of Skeeter, Aibileen and Hilly. I wrote it last year but I haven't gotten a mark yet because it hasn't been sent yet. I hope I do well though.

ReputationRep:
    I just started my EE today

Title: The Quest for God(s) and the Origin of the Cosmos
    Class: TOK (obviously lol)

The essay focuses on how to go about understanding the origins of the universe and whether or not there is a god factor.

I draw no conclusions, though i am an agnostic; i merely suggest the most intelegent path to undertake in your search ^^

ReputationRep:
    I am hopefully going to do my EE on comparing a monarchy to a democracy But I am not sure if it is to broad. Any help would be appreciated.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.