Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vixkyf)
    That sounds really interesting! So the three versions were all narrative versions? or..
    Thanks! I already did my Extended Essay last year. Yes, they're all narrative versions; Neil Gaiman's "Snow, Glass, Apples", Disney's version, and The Grimm's brother version.

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask what your friend's EE was about?

I have quite good libraries in HK. I go to King George V school

thank you for all the help
    You're welcome. I can't remember it exactly but her question was based around Plath's poetry and how her personal life affected it I think. Enjoy the libraries, you've no idea how lucky you are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CeeTe3)
    Thanks! I already did my Extended Essay last year. Yes, they're all narrative versions; Neil Gaiman's "Snow, Glass, Apples", Disney's version, and The Grimm's brother version.
    oooh nice! some of my friends are doing similar things
    (Original post by GemmaNB)
    You're welcome. I can't remember it exactly but her question was based around Plath's poetry and how her personal life affected it I think. Enjoy the libraries, you've no idea how lucky you are
    ahhh alright! trust me, I know I'm lucky - my mum's family lives in Indonesia, and the libraries I get to go to there aren't the best, and it's frustrating! And I love books, so I think I'm really lucky to have access to libraries ^^

ReputationRep:
    Mine was Human Rights... I explained the effects of marijuana prohibition on African Americans ! and got to interview a uni professor during the writing process. Twas a very cool experience!

ReputationRep:
    oooh nice! some of my friends are doing similar things

ahhh alright! trust me, I know I'm lucky - my mum's family lives in Indonesia, and the libraries I get to go to there aren't the best, and it's frustrating! And I love books, so I think I'm really lucky to have access to libraries ^^
    Yeah, I ended up buying myself a kindle so I could get cheap books whenever I want

ReputationRep:
    Biology, the effect of the wavelength of light on woodlice behaviour. T'was great fun.

ReputationRep:
    I chose a Geography EE based on Hong Kong Wetland Park's sustainability through its carrying capacity My advice for anyone doing a Geo EE is to make sure that their theory work is solid - I had never learnt about assessing carrying capacity so it was really difficult for me to work with it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm new to this forum and was just wondering if anyone could give me any pointers on what kind of Eng A1 topic I could do for my extended essay! I only started the IB in September, and my school have yet to talk to use about our essay! I just thought i'd get ahead of the game and try to get a topic early on!

I don't think we'll be doing our EE's until later in the year, as our school actually work it so they give us a whole week off school to do it, and then we hand it in towards the beginning of the second year!

A possible topic i thought is about comparing the elements of gothic literature between Susan Hill's 'The Woman In Black' and Henry James' 'The Turn Of The Screw' does this sound at all usable? or is too broad, common etc.? If so, are there any other topics you think I could do?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EDC19)
    Hi! I'm new to this forum and was just wondering if anyone could give me any pointers on what kind of Eng A1 topic I could do for my extended essay! I only started the IB in September, and my school have yet to talk to use about our essay! I just thought i'd get ahead of the game and try to get a topic early on!

I don't think we'll be doing our EE's until later in the year, as our school actually work it so they give us a whole week off school to do it, and then we hand it in towards the beginning of the second year!

A possible topic i thought is about comparing the elements of gothic literature between Susan Hill's 'The Woman In Black' and Henry James' 'The Turn Of The Screw' does this sound at all usable? or is too broad, common etc.? If so, are there any other topics you think I could do?

Thanks
    I haven't read either of the books but elements of gothic literature actually seem a bit narrow. What about comparing/ contrasting them using a certain form of criticism (eg structural post-colonial, genre theory etc.) Then your title could be something like:

A structual criticism of Gothic literature using Susan Hill's 'The Woman In Black' and Henry James' 'The Turn Of The Screw'.

I did a English A1 (Literature) EE as well so if you need any help/ feedback I'd be happy to help

ReputationRep:
    My extended was in History, about the Unification of Italy, the question was 'Was Victor Emmanuel II more important than Garibaldi in the Unification of Italy by 1861?'
    The research was really interesting and so was the topic. However, I was the first in the school to write about Italian history so I was pretty much with no real help... I had to buy the books on my own (the other students got them from the teachers) - and it took them ages to arrive so I could not get started on the essay for a while. Work of advise; make sure there is someone who can help you with your EE when you get started on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!
    I need my question in a couple of days. I am doing my ee on english on poetry and i was wondering if you guys have any ideas of any good poems or poets to compare?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dornishman)
    My extended was in History, about the Unification of Italy, the question was 'Was Victor Emmanuel II more important than Garibaldi in the Unification of Italy by 1861?'
    The research was really interesting and so was the topic. However, I was the first in the school to write about Italian history so I was pretty much with no real help... I had to buy the books on my own (the other students got them from the teachers) - and it took them ages to arrive so I could not get started on the essay for a while. Work of advise; make sure there is someone who can help you with your EE when you get started on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Eurgh we study Italian unification in HL History. It's gross.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CeeTe3)
    Mine was on Language A1 English - Deconstructing Snow White: Comparing three versions of the Popular Fairy-tale.
    This sounds really interesting!! Mine was Psychology - To what extent do video games have an influence on aggression in teenagers?

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!
    I really want to do my EE about The World According to Garp by John Irving because I find it a very good book, I was just wondering if someone could help me find a Research question? I was thinking something along the lines of ‘gender-polarization’ or ‘the theme of feminism’ but I’m not sure if either of these will enable me to write an essay of 4,000 words.
    Does anyone have an idea for an EE in Language & Literature that has nothing to do with the above? Anything would help really, I’m really stuck at the moment ! Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    Physics - what is circularly polarised light, how is it created, and what is it used for?

My top tip: don't do anything involving light - you spend a lot of time in dark rooms, and they never seem to work very well. Do a humanity or your language A as they are far easier.

I'm doing my in English B, and I'm lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calllu-m)
    Eurgh we study Italian unification in HL History. It's gross.
    I liked the Italian unification option! Haha

History EE - Comparison of Khrushchev and Gorbachev's foreign and domestic policies.

ReputationRep:
    Just started doing my EE on Spanish B SL, only to realise that I will have a lot of trouble finding primary sources! My question is "To what extent is the ban on bullfighting in Catalonia a symbol of Catalan nationalism?"

ReputationRep:
    Hey- i plan to do my EE in physics. To determine the speed of the bullet by a method known as ballistic pendulum. But, i can't find a gun and also i do not know of the dependent variable.
    So please help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    EE in maths, hopefully something to do with the electron wave/wave mechanics in quantum physics. Anyone trying anything in theoretical physics?

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.