Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Mine's in English, unorthodox sexual orientation in Southern Gothic novels. Just started on it (I'm in IB1).

ReputationRep:
    English EE - How do the female characters in Macbeth and King Lear subvert and challenge traditional female speaking roles in order to gain political power?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mine was in History, I examined the collapse of a Finnish utopian settlement in Canada. It was a bit of an odd choice and now I would probably pick something more mainstream with a wider range of sources to access. Got predicted A but I personally don't think it was that good, I would be more than delighted getting a B.

ReputationRep:
    My EE was in Business. I wrote about Hermes and the branding of luxury goods. Got predicted A and got B in the end, it was probably because I didn't do any primary research (I was actually a SL student), but oh well

Good luck with the sino-japan essay you're writing!

ReputationRep:
    I need to find a topic before I leave for summer on the 11th. I really want a way to connect it to fashion. Any ideas? I'm struggling! I was thinking English or... I don't know, please help!

ReputationRep:
    Mine's supposed to be on tort reform (specifically whether the economic costs of tort reform outweigh the importance of civil liberties). However, my adviser (my government teacher) is not that knowledgeable about IB requirements, and my school's IB coordinator knows very little about my topic.

I still have time to change my topic if necessary- do you think this is an appropriate topic for IB, or is it not specific enough?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing a Film Studies EE?

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry- How much Vitamin C is there in Sauerkraut?

Help! My supervisor is going to be the death of me. So I was told that, if I didn’t pick a title by the end of the week, she would refuse to sign my EE. Quite *****y and sucks for me because I am one truly indecisive *******.

I had lots of ideas and now I narrowed them down to just a couple and I really need help in choosing the most appropriate one, before concentrating on forming a RQ. Please, if you have any suggestions or critique or find some topic better that the other, I would really appreciate your input.

1. Comparing a novel of Agatha Christie with one from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, possibly in terms of how they use language differently to create an atmosphere of suspense, or examining the plot patterns in multiple novels. I won’t do something trite as retelling the plot or describing the characters but I’m still kind of afraid that this topic won’t be ‘serious enough’.

2. Animal Farm - how it portrays the time in which it was written, basically drawing parallels to history.. I think the literature/history mix is appropriate because I’m doing my EE in English B (silly I didn’t mention it above).

3. Examining the role of rules and laws in 1984 and The Lord of the Flies and the effect they have on the the characters' 'humanity'. Like how the children in 'The Lord of the Flies' become savage and animal-like without the rules that civilized society imposed on them, and how people are dehumanized and objectified by rules and laws in '1984'.

Obviously, these are just broad ideas and the research question will hopefully be as concise as possible (if I manage it by the end of the week )

Sorry for the long-ish post and thank you in advance!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing mine in History. It is on the extent to which muckrakers influenced social reform in the US during the Progressive Era.

ReputationRep:
    Did mine on history - To what extent did the British use of RADAR influence the outcome of the Battle of Britain? It's a rather easy subject, easy to answer, plenty of sources, and I'm interested in it.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who's thinking of doing my EE in Business?:eek:

ReputationRep:
    History - To what extent did the Camp David Accords provide a framework for peace between Israel and other Middle Eastern contries (something like that)...

ReputationRep:
    I did mine in French B - To what extent can the influence of English on French be considered an "invasion" which threatens the French language? (Written in French)

Got 34/36, was very surprised but pleased.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello all!
    A few days ago I have started to look for information for my extended essay. My EE based on geography and the probable title is: To what extent are vehicles/is traffic affecting the environmental sustainability of Luxembourg? I am living in Luxembourg not for a long time. The main reason why I have problems is that I cannot find really decent information for my topic. But I am interested in tourism or environmental issues. Could you please help me out by suggesting some other geo topics, or send some information sources for this topic.
    I will really appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    I am writing my E.E. on the allegations and exonerations about Pope Pius XII and I was wondering if you'd send me your E.E. or at least your references? (If you still have it saved somewhere)

ReputationRep:
    i still haven't chosen a topic for sure, since we still have two weeks to choose, but i thought about something that has to do with third culture kids, and how they are effected compared to kids who are not third cultured, but i'm not sure yet, any advice?

ReputationRep:
    I am doing mine in psychology. To what extent are the deficits found in English speaking dyslexics present in non English speaking dyslexics?

What do you guys think? It's pretty hard to find studies on this...damn, should've picked something more cliche. Does the research question make sense and is it doable at least?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xenopoecilus)
    EE in maths, hopefully something to do with the electron wave/wave mechanics in quantum physics. Anyone trying anything in theoretical physics?
    It is kinda late to reply but im doing theoretical physics. And the research question is: How does gravity behave in a different dimension within Newtonian limit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!
    I have to submit some topic ideas for my EE by next week and have had some ideas but wanted to see if they were actually any good:

In English Lit I was thinking of doing something alone the lines of "compare and contrast the themes of feminism in The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan an the Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath."

Or in History, either something to do with ancient Roman/Greek history (too obscure/too few sources??) or a comparison of the progression of women's rights in two different countries between a certain time span.

Any thoughts, good or bad, about the above ideas would be greatly appreciated!

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.