Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afoneleri)
    Hm - genetic engineering sounds a bit risky. You need a topic in which you can do an experiment really. Something to do with bacteria maybe. Or gentics - you could try something with fruit flys or plants, provided you have the time and patience for the experiments.

good luck coming up with something
    Thanks very much for your ideas, Afoneleri
    I hope I'll come up with some topic shortly...

ReputationRep:
    heya i'm new to the boards, but i'm just starting my 2nd year of IB .. tough! Heheh! I had loadsa problems with my EE, but i've finally settled on a title (in geo) which is something along the lines of:
    "to what extent do environmental factors affect the influx of tourism? Case study - East and West Coast of Mauritius"

ReputationRep:
    who all are doing chemistry....and if anyone is doing it....then who all are doing anything related to Polymer Chemistry....

ReputationRep:
    I really need some help getting a title for either Chemistry HL or Biology HL...
    Please, if any of you know useful websites or have any ideas yourselves, PLEASE HEEELLP! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riaa)
    I really need some help getting a title for either Chemistry HL or Biology HL...
    Please, if any of you know useful websites or have any ideas yourselves, PLEASE HEEELLP! :confused:
    Try http://www.ibso.ca/ee/ee.html or http://www.shambles.net/pages/staff/ARandR/ibessay/ both have examples of some topics you could do.

I have a question of my own, and would like some advice - I am just at the point of picking a topic for my EE, and know I am going to do something on the effect of the group matality and peer pressure in the Salem witch trials (psychology topic), but can't think of how to word the research question. So far I have "The Group Mentality and It's Effect on Clinical Hysteria - A Case Study of the Salem Witch Trials". I don't want to focus on the hysteria aspect so much, but any other wording seems too vague - any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    well, my ee topic is, "Has Easy Credit Actually been easy to the Jakartans".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oopps)
    I am just at the point of picking a topic for my EE, and know I am going to do something on the effect of the group matality and peer pressure in the Salem witch trials (psychology topic), but can't think of how to word the research question. So far I have "The Group Mentality and It's Effect on Clinical Hysteria - A Case Study of the Salem Witch Trials". I don't want to focus on the hysteria aspect so much, but any other wording seems too vague - any suggestions?
    Don't worry about the exact wording! Chances are your exact topic/focus will evolve as you actually write the paper. Worry about the wording later.

ReputationRep:
    yea exactly. just have a fixed idea in your mind of what u want to do and give the exact title at the end

ReputationRep:
    Do you think that "The Black Death and its Impact on Religion" is a good topic under History?

ReputationRep:
    I did mine in german - crazy i know, but i didn't think fast enough to do it in art
    "Medien einflüsse auf die Jugendsprache"

ReputationRep:
    Mine was a maths essay with not much about math:
    To what extent does the ancient Istanbul architecture reflect the use of the 'Golden Ratio'.
    Ended up working quite well, all those old mosque and the Hagia Sofia seemed to reflect it.
    I'm hoping the cultural aspect will help the mainstream golden ratio topic by a few points.
    For the maths, i just did some various advanced statistical analysis but I'm not sure it was enough.
    We'll see...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry)
    Do you think that "The Black Death and its Impact on Religion" is a good topic under History?
    I think it maybe a little too broad...can you fit everything in 4000 words? Maybe narrow it down to a particular religion

ReputationRep:
    Done in History

What were the reasons for the use of the Atomic Bombs on Japan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMSChocolate)
    I think it maybe a little too broad...can you fit everything in 4000 words? Maybe narrow it down to a particular religion
    Well Christianity. :P

ReputationRep:
    EE on biology

*all caps because it's recommended the final be submitted in caps, to lazy to retype it

INCREASED GLUCOSE REQUIREMENTS FROM THE ACCELERATED GROWTH OF ALLIUM FISTULOSUM (SCALLIONS) INDUCED BY GIBBERELLIC ACID-3 (GA3) IS NOT DERIVED FROM PHOTOSYNTHESIS

ended up being 4040 words.... hope they won't notice.

Data collection and anlysis is insane. 34 pages total

ReputationRep:
    chemistry. something like "investigation of the impact of various sodium chloride and calcium chloride concentrations on the acidity of sandy, silty and clay soils". very specific. 3968 (can't imagine writing on anything broader than that)

ReputationRep:
    What was the attitude of the Poles towards the intervention of the Warsaw Pact in Czechoslovakia after Prague Spring of 1968 ? - History HL

Mateusz, Poland

ReputationRep:
    Anyone having any idea about EE in ITGS. It would be really nice if anyone can tell me something about it.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote in History: "Did St.Patrick change the position of women in society?" or something like that. Thank GOD I'm done with my EE!

ReputationRep:
    Phyiscs HL

"Measuring the Diurnal Magnetic Variation in the Terrestrial Magnetosphere"

Basically measuring and modelling the behaviour of that phenomenon. Took me 1 month to collect the data coz the bloody military were flying planes over my house and distorted the measurements:mad:

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.