Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im gonna do it for Business even tho i got a 4(my lowest grade at HL) in the mocks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ESBay)
    Mine was a maths essay with not much about math:
    To what extent does the ancient Istanbul architecture reflect the use of the 'Golden Ratio'.
    Ended up working quite well, all those old mosque and the Hagia Sofia seemed to reflect it.
    I'm hoping the cultural aspect will help the mainstream golden ratio topic by a few points.
    For the maths, i just did some various advanced statistical analysis but I'm not sure it was enough.
    We'll see...
    Nice one! Did mine in maths too! It's so funny, people constantly ask me how I could have done my EE in Maths...
    Did mine on the fractals: "The concept of fractal dimension in contrast to the Euclidean dimension as applied to everyday examples" I think the title was. Ended up doing not much Maths, but writing up some of the history of fractals... I just hope it's not less than a B... or a C... Not sure I did enough Maths...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeniev)
    Nice one! Did mine in maths too! It's so funny, people constantly ask me how I could have done my EE in Maths...
    Did mine on the fractals: "The concept of fractal dimension in contrast to the Euclidean dimension as applied to everyday examples" I think the title was. Ended up doing not much Maths, but writing up some of the history of fractals... I just hope it's not less than a B... or a C... Not sure I did enough Maths...
    hehe yeah i know what you mean by the people asking about the essay topic...
    To top it off, no one in school ever recieved an A for maths extended essays so I'm expecting a C+
    Luckily the mathematics criteria isn't a huge section of the grade though so there is still hope.
    Interesting topic btw.

ReputationRep:
    It's so true though that people hardly ever get an A. Although a guy in the year above got one I think - but he is like a genius anyhow, was predicted 44, but in the end got 43, which is still amazing I think...
    Yours is a pretty interesting title as well. I just thought fractals were so interesting cause I'd done them years ago in my compsci lessons and it was really fun...

ReputationRep:
    i did mine in economics, its title was smth like: " is there government intervention into the US dairy market?"...i got a B for it, so pretty satisfied, considering the fact that the teacher didnt help me almost at all and looked at it once or twice...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragongirl)
    i did mine in economics, its title was smth like: " is there government intervention into the US dairy market?"...i got a B for it, so pretty satisfied, considering the fact that the teacher didnt help me almost at all and looked at it once or twice...
    may 2006???
    you have been said your mark????

ReputationRep:
    My extended essay was on history:

"Why did Truman dropped the Atomic bomb on Japan in 1945?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    may 2006???
    you have been said your mark????
    Yea its the predicted grade my teacher gave me, and very rarely the examinors change the mark

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was always assessed externally without regard to any predictions your supervisor gave you... weird... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know, then it is assessed externally, however the supervisor marks it and then the examiners might moderate it...same applies for portfolios or coursework if u did any...well i don't really care who marks it, i just need to get good results for my IB!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, always good to learn something new! :p:
    I'm now so into revision... Can't wait till it's all over!!!

ReputationRep:
    I am doing animal behaviour for my EE...whether dogs can remember different colours and stuff. Will be rocking!

ReputationRep:
    "Can human behaviour prove the existence of God?|

ReputationRep:
    Ive just started working on the primary work on my ITGS extended essay. It has to be one of the easiest subjects to write it on because there is so much to write about.

Getting back to the topic of the thread though, my title is "the impact of broadband internet access on data security".

ReputationRep:
    interesting. I spose you're in your first year of IB right? When are you guys all handing in your EE? My school always has internal deadlines - we had to hand in ours last October... Am so glad we did it so early, otherwise we would have been screwed...

ReputationRep:
    I hand my extended essay in on the first day of year 13 and ,like you, we do have internal deadlines. But I agree, it's so much better to get it out of the way early so that you can concentrate on more pressing matters like trying to get into a good university

ReputationRep:
    Do you know Sevenoaks? Apparently they usually do theirs around Jan... crazy... :eek:
    My housemistress (me going to a boarding school) made my life to hell during that uni application time. I got so pissed off her - she was supposed to help me and WHAT did she do??? Complain. Oh well. As long as I'm rid of her in less than 2 months...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragongirl)
    Yea its the predicted grade my teacher gave me, and very rarely the examinors change the mark
    Examiners mark it. Mark your teacher/supervisor gave you is not very important. It know someone who got A (or maybe B) from supervisor and got D from examiner.

ReputationRep:
    That's what I've been thinking about, especially about EE. Some courseworks require marking of teachers, i.e. Maths, where a sample is then sent off and marked by external examiners. If the teacher's marks were low then the marks of the entire set of c/works is put up, and vice versa...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevko)
    Examiners mark it. Mark your teacher/supervisor gave you is not very important. It know someone who got A (or maybe B) from supervisor and got D from examiner.

and in fact, the supervisor just writes a report on your work.....and the examinor can take into account in one of the decriptors, or not.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.