Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, I remember my supervisor talking about how he had to get his report done soon...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeniev)
    Oh yeah, I remember my supervisor talking about how he had to get his report done soon...

That's right. He has to talk about the process and those kind of things.....

ReputationRep:
    Btw, do very similar subjects! Apart from Mandarin. I do German (and Econ instead of BM)
    Sorry I can't really help you with the BM EE. But good luck anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Economics HL - To what extent do political uncertainties in China affect foreign investments from Japan?

ReputationRep:
    Ok now after reading yours mine sounds really wierd. Im doing it on Inclusive Theatre although i am yet to narrow it down although will prob be along the lines of what makes a piece of theatre inclusive ............. oh i dont know needs work.

ReputationRep:
    So I spose you're doing yours on Theatre Arts? :confused:
    Well, guess you can do your EE on anything really :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah well i am a member of Chicken Shed Theatre Company which is a inclusive performing arts company and runs a foundation degree in inclusive theatre so attending some lectures about it. Prob going to focus on signing in theatre as thats one possible thing i may study at uni and am doing BSL grade 1 atm. Go with what you know right lol

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to know if it good to an EE in ITGS coz I will be the first person to do an EE in ITGS in my school and I am a bit scared due to this reason. I also don't have an sample ITGS EE to refer to. Guys plz help me out.

ReputationRep:
    I did a topic in philosophy- How does the rational concept of God contradict with Christian mysticism. I am afraid that I won`t sustain the A I got a school, though.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is in Math: The Equivalence of Mathematical Knots.

The research question was: "How can the equivalence or non equivalence of knots be proven".

Before anyone asks, no I did not enjoy it. I like math, but this was masochism (though I did like learning some of the stuff). In fact, the entire IB program is sado-masochist. If you can POSSIBLY avoid it, do so. Take the APs. Or anything else. Just run from the IBs as fast as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ken616)
    hey everyone, im new to this forum and our school had introduced EE to us 2months ago. im doing mine on Business & Management and i have to submit a title in the next few weeks. does anyone have previous IB Business & Management EE titles? is there any suggestions that you can make for writing an EE on Business & Management?
    my supervisor said if i do my EE on big companies / multinationals (ie. HSBC / Disney), it would be very difficult to find secondary sources to for the EE as there's an concern with confidentiality.
    it would be helpful if you ppl can give me a hand / suggestions. thx!
    EE samples from my school will be the marketing strategy used in a specific company, or how the theory of leadership is well applied in a company and has led to a positive development. yeah, it will be very good if you can find your relatives perhaps who own companies that are not that big. you can gather data pretty much easier and usually a better outcome of analysis. good luck!

i'm doing an EE of Psychology on how music can affect study habit in my boarding house. my IB coordinator says it will be interesting, but i really don't think so. i'm kind of not confident with my topic. Help!

ReputationRep:
    i would love to do my extended essay in english and draw a comparison between the taming of the shrew and 10 things i hate about you,but i am almost certainly going to have to do it in history as i dont have english for a subject and i would have no idea on how to go about it

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing mine in history on the prejudices that sir john monash faced in his career. The first draft was hell but now i actually enjoy working on it!

ReputationRep:
    I'm basically screwed. I made the mistake of choosing Physics as my topic. Now, 2 days before my final and specific topic is due in I still can't find a good, doable, physics question that will stretch me a bit (so that I don't seem like some 3rd grader to the IB) and at the same time meet with the resources available at school.

I was thinking of going totally theoretical - "Gravity: A Result of Gravitons or Space-Time Curvature?" - only to be told that I, an IB student, wouldn't be able to deal with the weight and complexity of such a topic (which is partly true to be fair to my Physics professor).

Now that I look back I seriously regret choosing Physics as my topic (which I chose, to be honest, on a rather whimsical day). I could've done Mathematics and come up with a ratio or equation to measure the level of interconnectivity of a community such as my school. Or I could've done Computer Science, and written about "A Comparison of Different Techniques used for the Generation of Random Numbers in Programming". But no, I chose Physics.

I think part of the problem is the IB Physics Extended Essay criteria itself. It's a bit vague. It needs to be refined and redistributed (since the criteria I was given, and the only one I can find date back to 1999). Well, life goes on ... I'll think of something. Wish me luck.

Advice to Sophomores (10th Graders): Start thinking about the essay now, look at the criteria (Available Here), know what's expected. If you're thinking about doing Physics, think long and hard before embarking on the journey. Ask teachers about what topics are possible. I know I might sound ballistic, but I'm speaking from experience.

ReputationRep:
    We're supposed to hand in our topic on 28th this month, but no one said anything, also, we're supposed to have some kind of information last month about our EEs, but our coordinator did nothing, so now I'm wondering what are they expecting from us. I still don’t know my topic/what to pick, nor what should I do.. Blah, living hell..

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing mine in Economics, what do you think of an examination of the effects of the EU Common Agricultural Policy... a bit vague, but some question relating to this

ReputationRep:
    mine is on migration geography..

ReputationRep:
    im doing mine on buisness and organisation. haha, havent thought of a title yet; so can anyone please give me some suggestions for a possible title? thx!

ReputationRep:
    Original topic: Unterschiede zwischen der deutschen und österreichischen Variante des Deutschen auf Grund Presseberichte zum Thema Olympiaspiele 2004

damn it was difficult...

ReputationRep:
    Bloody Sunday 1972: a study of truth in history

Loved researching and writing it, but was pissed off as I had to cut 12000 words :eek: as basically did too much for it - have since realised that could have done it in half the time and a third of the effort but meh, I had fun!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.