The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
art - the master plan for the skopje city centre by kenzo tange
Reply 281
Would a topic like the viability of lasers be an acceptable physics EE topic?
"What was, and what were the subsequent consequences of, the civil legislation that was passed by the governmental bodies that governed Paris, between the 18th of March and the 28th of May 1871?"

Its a part of a well known subject, but an angle that is not focused upon in history cources. I have heard that having an area where the examinator knows related events is better then taking a subject the examinator will not have a clue about.

Mine anyhow was predicted an A - and my history teacher said it should almost definatly get it pending that a strong anti-communist isn't the examinator ^^
Reply 283
check the sig:-)
mine's on "The Impact of the Black Death on the Church"
Reply 285
My extended essay topic is: How Clara Weick (later Schumann) affected Robert Schumann's music throughout his life, with emphasis on the time period of 1832-1841
Reply 286
Guyofpie
Would a topic like the viability of lasers be an acceptable physics EE topic?

Well, you should find some very specific application of this problem and then I guess the extended essay would be fine. With lasers you can do a good research using various diffraction gratings. 2 years ago there was a guy who did an ee on durability of plastic bags using lasers, and the bags as a grating. Think of something like that, something creative. Still, the layout is the most important.
My phys teacher when supervising my ee was constantly nagging me to change the titles, the abstract, pictures labels, use something eye-catching so that it is pleasant to read. And of course, expose my own work.

I wouldn't agree that an ee in science is a huge lab report. You shouldn't make it so schematic.

My topic was in astrophysics.

good luck with your ee.

oh, and btw, in my school the huge majority did ee in sciences or maths.
Reply 287
wow, not as many History EE's as i thought, my class, its like 80% doing it on history.
well im doing mine on the 'Danish Empire's downfall in 1814' and luckly my history teacher got his doctrine studying Scandinavian history in the 1800's, so it was a great help from him and the sources he gave me.
im predicted a B, so thats good, cause my TOK was also good, which is a extra 2 points for me i think
Reply 288
What are the similarities and differences in the portrayal of the central protagonists and their social environment in Ian Rankins Rebus novels and Agatha Christies Ms Marple novels?

i thnk i changed it a bit in the end... but that was it. English A1 higher level
Reply 289
HL math on the comparison of lebesgue and riemann integral. Good topic? what do you guys think?
Reply 290
Thank you zeeman for your help, however I'm still thinking between lasers or the corrosive effects of soft drinks in Chemistry.
Reply 291
English B - In which ways does George W. Bush’s portrayal of elements of American culture differ in his 1st and 2nd inaugural address?

It was great, since there was so little substantial facts, it was more or less pure BS'ing...least amount of effort for most amount of examiner impressions, hehe
Reply 292
Mine (which I give in last year) was in Computer Science:

Will Moore’s law come to an end because of the technological limits of today’s transistor-based microprocessors?

I actually scared myself of how geekily I could write 4000 words on it :rolleyes:
I wrote mine on Dark Matter. something along the lines of : Does Dark Matter exist or is it simply an elaborate theory created to fit the mistakes of modern science, and what effect does the theoretical existance of Dark Matter have on the outcome of the Friedmann models?

very large topic...my main problem was that i had too much to talk about. first draft 6,000 and it just got bigger and bigger. god bless apendixes/footnotes/tables got it to 4,000 main body, rest elsewhere. Decided to keep writing on it after i turned it in for kicks, finished at 12,463 words.
I did mine in physics too. It was an essay about water-propeeled rockets. It was a lot of fun to do but pretty hard to do because i had to teach myself fluid dynamics for scratch.:eek:

I remember writing very little. But its quality not quantity.:redface:
Reply 295
Guyofpie
I'm still thinking between lasers or the corrosive effects of soft drinks in Chemistry.

I think corrosive drinks are also a good topic. Usually simple topics are the best, you can come up with ingenious ideas about simple things, which I guess is valued most by the examiners. I think they do not feel like reading something very complicated and vague.
My personal experience with ee: if you hesitate between two subjects, choose the supervisor that will be more helpful and concerned about your project. Then you'll certainly have a higher score.
Reply 296
In English A2: A comparison between the presentation of news in American and British newspapers (articles about the Gaza disengagement.. blah blah blah)

A lot of work but its been sent off as an A!!!
i'm doing geog. stuck between bid-rent in chinese countries, or migration in Singapore due to push/pull factors, or maybe compare it to a migration model/law
Hey everyone, im trying to think of an EE topic in Psychology. I need to formulate the reasearch question really urgently, my first reasearch for the EE is due in a few days and i dont even have the topic sorted.. really bad. Any suggestions for plausible Psychology Extended Essay topics..?

:yy:
Reply 299
Wow, thank you for your help again Zeeman, I guess I will do an EE on the corrosive effects of soft drinks. Thanks for helping me decide on a topic again :smile: .

Latest

Trending

Trending