Turn on thread page Beta

IB Students: What are your extended essay topics? watch

ReputationRep:
    does anyone of you guys have to submit your EE to the turnitin.com for that originality report before you submit your final copy? For the ones that do, does anyone of you happen to know whether we can submit our EE more than once onto turnitin.com?

ReputationRep:
    hi! i have done my EE in BM. my research question is "should hcp go for additional investment to retain its market share"

ReputationRep:
    Mine's in English Literature:

"How do the authors of Jane Eyre and Breakfast at Tiffany's criticize their societies through the portrayal of ostrasization of socially climbing women?"

so far predicted and A..but then again u never know how the IB moderators mark em

ReputationRep:
    Mine was about "The influence of the English language on the Japanese language"... But actually i wrote most of it from my knowledge of Japan and of its language..I hope the examiner won't know a lot of it, otherwise he won't get a very good mark..

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing my EE on math. my topic question is "are math formulas only imagenary if there can't be an "x" or other algebraic representative."

so far so good, however, i got loads of homework recently and cant continue working on my EE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ken616)
    does anyone of you guys have to submit your EE to the turnitin.com for that originality report before you submit your final copy? For the ones that do, does anyone of you happen to know whether we can submit our EE more than once onto turnitin.com?
    huh? No, i just handed it to my supervisor who hands it to my IBC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metaphysical)
    Mine's in English Literature:

"How do the authors of Jane Eyre and Breakfast at Tiffany's criticize their societies through the portrayal of ostrasization of socially climbing women?"

so far predicted and A..but then again u never know how the IB moderators mark em
    ooooh I like!

a lot!

I betcha will get an A purely because it's a damn good title and theyu're damn good novels and everything about it seems damn, damn good.

ReputationRep:
    HELP! HELP! HELP!
    my extended essay topic is music. but i have no idea what a good scope of study might be. should i focus on a specific piece? do something related to aethetics? or pure music theory? any suggestions welcome because i'm not sure what i've gotten myself into...

ReputationRep:
    I did mine in literature
    It was really easy

the problem was how to fit all of that into 4000 words.
    For example, I had like 4200 words and I still had to do the conclusions and introduction and abstract.

ReputationRep:
    yeah. I did mine in Lit as well. Took forever to prune it down to 4000 words.
    Abstract doesn't count in the 4000 word count. it's separate.

ReputationRep:
    Well guys, try to beat this, i had 800 words too much once AND it was all rather relevant stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I could beat that (lol) but not in EE. My Geog field work report was supposed to be 1500 words. My first draft was 3750 words. All relevant. In the end, after all the editing (sticking of a lot of things in 'diagrams'), my report sounded incredibly juvenile due to the over-simplistic and extremely short sentences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMSChocolate)
    I could beat that (lol) but not in EE. My Geog field work report was supposed to be 1500 words. My first draft was 3750 words. All relevant. In the end, after all the editing (sticking of a lot of things in 'diagrams'), my report sounded incredibly juvenile due to the over-simplistic and extremely short sentences.
    :eek: :adore:

ReputationRep:
    little help? I've lost my guidelines and i'm wondering, for a lit essay, i know references and footnotes are't counted in the WC, but are quotations WITHIN the text?

ReputationRep:
    yes. quotations within the text count. so if you've got a great big quote, stick it in an appendix.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olikun)
    Mine was about "The influence of the English language on the Japanese language"... But actually i wrote most of it from my knowledge of Japan and of its language..I hope the examiner won't know a lot of it, otherwise he won't get a very good mark..
    What subject was that for though? Was it English, or is there a category for "language"?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Im a Junior, first year in IB and I dont need to write up my EE yet...well i think. I mean, none of my teachers have mentioned it to me but I see all the seniors in my school suffering right now... so here I am exploring and reading everyones comments.

so yeah um I was wondering: WHERE can i find a list of categories of EE topics?

Like, some people have said you can write about psychology even though you dont take it. What are the categories??

ReputationRep:
    "Pars pro toto" Investigation Into the Fragmentary Art of Rodin

ReputationRep:
    don't exactly have a proper title yet ^_^;
    detailed study of the cracking of the engima (mathematics)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystiques)
    This thread is just what i needed... suggestions! :stupido2:
    Students in my school were suppose to find an EE advisor and choose a topic so that we could work on our EE's in the summer. I have a huge problem however, deciding between three topics.

1) Something from ITGS. I was doing my essay 1 for the course, and had a fun time writing on "Internet Altruism". But my IT teacher said past students who did their EE's in ITGS didn't get a good mark. :eek:

2) Something from Greek Mythology. This has been a personal interest since elementary school, but i have absolutely no idea how to tie it in with anything.

3) Ancient Chinese Literature. I've always been fascinated by the old poems, plus i like studying languages. So if i do choose this one (high possiblity), i'll be writing it in Mandarin too. Its probably easier to write 4000 words on this anyways. :cool:

Well, any input from you guys would be awesome.
    :tumble:
    Or just treat this like a little rant of mine... i'm procrastinating from studying my chem + physics final tmr. :p:

Diploma Programme '07
    English HL | Mandarin HL
    Biology SL | Chemistry HL
    Physics SL | Mathematics HL
    I.T.G.S. SL | Japanese AB initio .+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+ .+.+.+.+.+. Delgate of EU Switzerland.

I was just wondering...how did you take 8 subjects at your school? at mine, we're only allowed to take 6: 3HL and 3SLs.. I'm sooo jealous you can take 3 languages!!!!

oh, and at my school we can only take 2 sciences max...

delate of switzerland? are u in MUN?

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.