Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=johannski]hi y'all!

First year IB student from Sweden here! I'm having a hard time to come up with a topic for EE (as many others). I want to write in English or Theatre Arts, though I don't take theatre arts 'cause we don't have it at my school, but anyway...what about english? I'm thinking Shakespeare, but what to write about? Please, i really do need help! I will have my coordinator as supervisor, so I must have a very good idea when i talk to her!!QUOTE]

Well, you could explore homosexuality in a few of Shakespere's plays, any innuendo's that suggest it, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hey by the way do all the quotes brought from the literature text counts as well?

For example: You can clearly see "'Cause I'm black. They wanted to kill me" (from page33)

would be counted as "12 words"?

ReputationRep:
    yes, all quotations inserted into the essay count. if you dont' want them to count, only way is to stick them in an appendix. and you save words if you reference in the footnotes instead of next to the quote. like, don't put 'from page 33' next to the quote, but footnote it because 'from page 33' technically would count in the word count.

ReputationRep:
    hi again!!

I have kind of decided now, what do you think?:

the characterization of morton rainey as john shooter in stephen king's "secret window".

if you haven't read it, morton rainey is schizophrenic, and the reader doesn't find that out until the end. I plan to write on kind of the difference between morton and john, even though they are the same person.

if you're in the mood, send a message or e-mail!

luv //jo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMSChocolate)
    yes, all quotations inserted into the essay count. if you dont' want them to count, only way is to stick them in an appendix. and you save words if you reference in the footnotes instead of next to the quote. like, don't put 'from page 33' next to the quote, but footnote it because 'from page 33' technically would count in the word count.
    Question answered! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    i hereby declare that if i get 43+ in my IB i will go through this whole thing and create a brand new sticky with every single persons IB extended essay title. haha i won't get it :p:

ReputationRep:
    My EE topic was
    "Do Employers in the Apparel Industry Wage Discriminate by Gender – A Study of a Few Factories in Dhaka"
    was based on economics and its all done! my supervisor made it mandatory for his students to finish it by Oct.

ReputationRep:
    haha...Andy, I'm holding you out on that promise. though I suppose will have to wait till july to see if you really do get 43+. I'll keep it in mind though.

ReputationRep:
    My EE topic is:
    Forecast for Airline Industry in the next 5 years. (Business and Man HL)...

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry:
    A Kinetic Study of the rate of degradation of ascorbic acid in commercial orange juice by titrimetry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisjorg)
    Chemistry:
    A Kinetic Study of the rate of degradation of ascorbic acid in commercial orange juice by titrimetry.
    :eek: A who what now?

Sounds special. I bet it's really simple

ReputationRep:
    Biology:
    Investigating how the growth of Vigna radiata seeds are affected when they are exposed to ionizing radiation. =) Handing it in 2mrrow!

ReputationRep:
    English:
    How do Zakes Mda and J.M. Coetzee comment on the political and psychological impact of the apartheid system on different generations and races?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beli16)
    heyy guys...im doing my ee in history,,,i wanna do something with children and world war ii...but i have no idea on what title i can do...anny suggestions?! anything is greatly apreciated!! thanxx
    -xo
    Try something with word war 2,, for Example the Experiments that were made by Germans on twins,,,,,,,,or The phycological effect of world war 2 on the mind of a child, Or The end of world war 2 Who FOUGHT aults or children???

Gd LuCk,,,,,I think your Idea about world war is really gd and Easy,,Since i am doing mune in Chemistry:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. I'm new to the forum, so I thought I'd add my extended essay topic and title in here. Would appreciate any feedback as to what you think of my title of choice!

Philosophy:
    'How feasible is Karl Marx's materialist conception of history in 'The German Ideology?' :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLies)
    Hey guys. I'm new to the forum, so I thought I'd add my extended essay topic and title in here. Would appreciate any feedback as to what you think of my title of choice!

Philosophy:
    'How feasible is Karl Marx's materialist conception of history in 'The German Ideology?' :p:
    Erm, from my own research on Marx, I'd say the topic has the potential to bring up some really good philosophical arguments.

And welcome to the student room, Dec :p:

ReputationRep:
    :eek: and you live in longfield!

ReputationRep:
    Thats right I do! Probably because I am also a DGS IB student...ahhh!

What a small world.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is in English (A1), but I will be studying texts from a variety of cultures. At the moment, it hasn't been narrowed down completely, it will be something along the lines of "Animals as a symbol for human sexuality in literature", possibly substituting ungulates (hooved animals) for animals to make it a little more specific. Thinking of studying the Greek myths, some "in-between" texts, preferably prose, then contemporary poets and plays such as "Equus" and "The Goat or She Who Was Sylvia". Looking forward to it, actually!

ReputationRep:
    mine is in chemistry. will the vitamin c content in the orange juice deteriorate over time

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.