Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Also i wanted to find out whether I can change the Subject on my EE. Do they register the EE subject?

ReputationRep:
    they register EE subject, well, at least, on your cover sheet there's a box that said which subject your EE is in.

ReputationRep:
    I am in IB1 and we actually had to hand in our plans and suggested topic last month. Mine is: The german automobile industry in Thailand and why its an ideal place to function. We have to finish ours in year 1. . We even already finished our Group 4 Projects!

ReputationRep:
    well i basically leaped into a huge hole when i switched my EE topic from Enlgish A1 TO Arabic B espacially since I'm horrbile in arabic that's what you get when u listen to your supervisors. My former topic was The use of imagery in JRR Tolkien's the hobbit (which was not specific enough cuz i didn't really decide what the images were portraying:P). But i was advised to change to arabic, so now I'm doing Islamic architechture: To what extent are the mosques in Jordan Islamic. Interesting topic. No resources

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deus)
    Just so you know, you are leet.

hahaha
    sorry for the late reply on this one...I really don't visit any other thread nowadays except in the international lounge.

ReputationRep:
    IB is very challenging does n e one have n e pointers for me?

ReputationRep:
    helppppppp!!!!!! im new so could someone help me out:confused:

ReputationRep:
    the art of expanding on ones initial plea for help springs to mind......

At least tell us what subject your EE is in and what title you have chosen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbugg07)
    helppppppp!!!!!! im new so could someone help me out:confused:
    Remember that excessive use of letters and punctuation does not encourage people to help. Remember to stay calm and use letters and punctuation where appropriate.

If you write "I need help! I'm new so I was wondering if someone could help me out. :confused:

Remember that when you write correct english (to a certain extent), people are more likely to take you seriously.

Now as dan said, what subject are you doing your EE in?

ReputationRep:
    lmao.

Oh yes, and just FYI, intentional double posting like that is called spamming. there's the edit button for a reason.

Now, the thread title is 'What are your extended essay topics?' It would help if you answered that question when posting in the thread. :rolleyes:

and don't feel put out by our collective finding faults in your first posts here. you see, we really want to reply and help you but you've given us no material to provide help for.

ReputationRep:
    Fine :cool:
    My EE topic is either going to be about the origin of slavery or the effects of slavery on the 20th century
    [/SIZE]

ReputationRep:
    eesh.... im fairly stuck. there arent that many people doing physics hey? i was supposed to have an EE topic oh say... 3 months or so ago? but as it seems is that case with a lot of people the teachers have been really slack. its so crap! suddenly its just, "ok, what are your EE topics?" and we all go "um... our what?" so crap!!
    so im thinking physics... i originally thought heat but my teacher thinks that motion would be easier, which is true. its so hard to think of a topic big enough though...
    actually from reading this i thought perhaps maths.... but i think its too late to change now. we on summer holidays and are supposed to be doing research... i have to actually go back to school in two days... sucks!!
    anyway.... help??

ReputationRep:
    sigh. I sense procrastination.

you can't expect your supervisor to chase you up on your EE you know. if you think they've been slacking on supervising your progress, you have to chase them up and talk to them. after all, if you don't do the EE, you don't get your diploma, right?

honestly? for a physics essay, you should have started your experiment ages ago (or at the very least, have a topic/idea of what the experiment is). lots of things could go wrong in the experiment thus usually you should do it early and spend the 2nd year doing your report and write up.

anyway, skipping the lecture, let's move to your actual topic. what do you *want* to do? what *about* heat or motion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMSChocolate)
    sigh. I sense procrastination.
    anyway, skipping the lecture, let's move to your actual topic. what do you *want* to do? what *about* heat or motion?
    ok theres the problem... i dont quite know exactly what about! i know ive sort of put it off but i actually have chased up the teachers a bit... just i didnt realise how quickly time would run out (i know, idiot!) while looking stuff up i saw something about cetripital motion, as in the old swinging a bucket of water thing... i thought i could maybe do something on that? and for heat i was thinking of expansion, but theres not a lot to meassure... motion would be easier.....
    i also thought of maybe dealing with falling objects using potential and kinetic energy and other formulas but testing mass and air resistance... eg. piece of paper compared to a brick. i dont exactly know how well that would go though

ps. thanks so much for actually offering help!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing a psych one...

"An Exploration into Gender Differences in reported cases of Eating Disorders and Self Harm."

Has proven very interesting indeed.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing one in CHEMISTRY....haloalkenes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbugg07)
    Fine :cool:
    My EE topic is either going to be about the origin of slavery or the effects of slavery on the 20th century
    [/SIZE]
    First thing I thought when I heard that was way, way, way too broard. You could write a series of books on that topic and still not get a definitive account, not to mention that you dont "exactly" have a question/definite research area.

Firstly, if you are desperate to do slavery focus on a particular country. Best to also focus on a certain type of effect e.g. economic/social etc. etc.

Origins of slavery is a topic to avoid like the plague.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with Dan. Origins of slavery is much too big a topic, since slavery goes back for centuries.

Also, what subject are you looking at this from? It might affect how you would go about writing the essay.

ReputationRep:
    Intense lecturing going on here. Mine is 'Remnants of the British Empire in Modern-Day Karachi'...too broad, you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramsha)
    Intense lecturing going on here. Mine is 'Remnants of the British Empire in Modern-Day Karachi'...too broad, you think?
    Whats the question? Whats the problems? Whats the solutions?

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.