Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I see your point...

The question seemed really long, therefore I decided to name my essay this. Guess it's a bad idea.

It's a history topic though...what can I solve in the past? Basically what I want to show in my essay is the prevailing influence of the British Empire on modern-day Karachi...

Allow me to share my train of thought. I started off my topic by 'The Pros and Cons of the BEICo. (British East India Company) in the Indian Subcontinent'...too broad. After changing that numerous times, I have now narrowed it down to the current topic...

In my essay, I want to show how although it has been over half a century since the British left the Indian subcontinent, their influence still resides in the vicinity.

So...yea...

ReputationRep:

Okay My EE is going to be about the origin and the effects of slavery on ______________ (america, europe, latin america etc):confused: ( i havent decided on which country- maybe you guys could help me out with that) :confused: during the 20th century.

ReputationRep:
    Effects of what?

ReputationRep:
    slavery if you look back a page at his previous posts

ReputationRep:
    could anyone read my previous post and give feedback? = )

ReputationRep:
    mine is a comparative essay of "El Tunel" by Ernesto Sabato (The tunnel, i guess) and "Todos los nombres" (All the names? lol) by Jose Saramago . n the question is : how does the obsession for a woman in both novels leads the main characters to discover their inner self ?
    it sounds better in spanish lol . . . (HL Spanish A1)

-----
    HL Biology
    SL Chemistry
    SL Psychology
    SL Maths
    HL Spanish A1
    HL English A2

and: SL French B as a 7th course

ReputationRep:
    For mine I was thinking of comparing the mental disorders of Howard Hughes and Anne Sexton and how it impacted their lives.

My issue with this is when I'm describing their disorders (ex: Howard - OCD) does that go into another section besides history like biology when I describe how how OCD was maybe caused by a malfunction in the brain or something.. i dunno.
    Because I want to talk about how these 2 people grew up and how their disorders started and then i want to explain reasons for why they developed their afflictions.
    Also do I need to develop a better question instead of saying that I'm just comparing the 2 people and their disorders?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mihran)
    For mine I was thinking of comparing the mental disorders of Howard Hughes and Anne Sexton and how it impacted their lives.

My issue with this is when I'm describing their disorders (ex: Howard - OCD) does that go into another section besides history like biology when I describe how how OCD was maybe caused by a malfunction in the brain or something.. i dunno.
    Because I want to talk about how these 2 people grew up and how their disorders started and then i want to explain reasons for why they developed their afflictions.
    Also do I need to develop a better question instead of saying that I'm just comparing the 2 people and their disorders?
    that will be psychology right? . so the point of view of what perspective are u choosing? biological, cognitive ? .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berec182)
    that will be psychology right? . so the point of view of what perspective are u choosing? biological, cognitive ? .
    The thing is that my school isn't allowed to do psychology because we don't have a class in it.

Will I be able to still stay within the subject of history if I just compare how they grew up and how experiences in their childhood created their disorders later on?
    Because I was going to strictly take a historical perspective and discuss how their disorders similarly led to their downfall and then I was going to use quotes by various psychologists on their views on the disorders and then I would intrepret it for Howard Hughes and Anne Sexton. But I guess that doesn't stay within History..? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMSChocolate)
    slavery if you look back a page at his previous posts
    IM A GIRL and thank you 4 telling them what it was

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry, I looked at the wrong profile. I meant to glance at your profile to see where you are a boy or a girl, and I guess I pressed page up just once and looked at Deus' profile by mistake.

God do I feel stupid now, cos someone did that to me once (assume I was male, despite the female symbol in my profile). :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMSChocolate)
    Oh sorry, I looked at the wrong profile. I meant to glance at your profile to see where you are a boy or a girl, and I guess I pressed page up just once and looked at Deus' profile by mistake.

God do I feel stupid now, cos someone did that to me once (assume I was male, despite the female symbol in my profile). :p:

Hey thats alright I understand watcha mean

How do you put up a quote

ReputationRep:
    Er - you just quoted me. ?

ReputationRep:
    biology: bacteria on keyboardes...but i have to focus it down!! any suggestions?! thxxx

ReputationRep:
    I look at my topic and at times it seems to click together in my head and at other times I feel like I am going to fail this EE.

Here is what I am looking at:

Research Question: The role that Egyptian Art, primarily artifacts, paintings and sculptures play in the telling of Egypt’s history.

Somewhat thesis/my view: Egyptian art is more than a mere decoration, it tells the story of Egypt long lost empire.

----I am supposed to have a thesis and research question, or just one of the two?

Points to look at under those three (paintings,artifacts,paintings) categories:
    - Lifestyle
    - Religion
    - Royalty (pharaohs etc. and their portrayal)

What I am worried about is whether I am in the boundaries for a history EE and whether my topic is narrow enough. For being more specific I could possibly specify a time period but I don't really see what that will change. Any help, comments and suggestions are much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    hi, mine is:
    subject- psychology
    topic-
    an evaluation of hypnosis: how can hypnotherapy have theraputic effects on psychological illnesses and behaviours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbugg07)

Hey thats alright I understand watcha mean

How do you put up a quote
    ---
    (Original post by HMSchocolate)
    Er - you just quoted me. ?
    I lol'd ;laugh;

And not to spam, I still need to narrow down my EE title. I just came up with something to meet my deadline >.> But I know I want to stick with a Math EE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by o.Ob)
    ---

I lol'd ;laugh;

And not to spam, I still need to narrow down my EE title. I just came up with something to meet my deadline >.> But I know I want to stick with a Math EE.
    My bad :cool: I thought it meant that u had to put up a qoute like:Laughter is what makes you happy or something like that- sorry didnt know?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    To what extent does the coefficient of drag of a given, constant sphere vary when free falling through different substances

physics

ReputationRep:
    hi guys,
    my extended essay subject is about business and management but i really have diffucult times to choose a topic can u help me???????
    first i was thinking about to do ethic in business but this is very broad topic...

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.