Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    are any of you doing math? i am. i'm doing a study of cryptology and with that, creating a code and solving it using matrices. =]

ReputationRep:
    Hey Sabrina! i also wantd my topic 2 be medically related so i did a comparison of the effect of aspirin and paracetamol on blowfly maggots, it was quite gud actually, only at my uni interview, the guy totally pulled it apart makin me feel like a complete idiot...oh well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mAylin916)
    are any of you doing math? i am. i'm doing a study of cryptology and with that, creating a code and solving it using matrices. =]
    my friend did cryptography for her EE. the effectiveness of RSA cryptography I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klarka)
    Hey Sabrina! i also wantd my topic 2 be medically related so i did a comparison of the effect of aspirin and paracetamol on blowfly maggots, it was quite gud actually, only at my uni interview, the guy totally pulled it apart makin me feel like a complete idiot...oh well

whats a uni interview and do all IB students have to do it?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    uni = university

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the influence of the sea on the poetry of Matthew Arnold and how this comes through in his poetry.
    Is everyone having fun with it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbugg07)

whats a uni interview and do all IB students have to do it?:confused:
    Haha :p: +rep for making me laugh. University interviews are generally for students living in the UK, unless it's Oxford or Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mihran)
    The thing is that my school isn't allowed to do psychology because we don't have a class in it.

Will I be able to still stay within the subject of history if I just compare how they grew up and how experiences in their childhood created their disorders later on?
    Because I was going to strictly take a historical perspective and discuss how their disorders similarly led to their downfall and then I was going to use quotes by various psychologists on their views on the disorders and then I would intrepret it for Howard Hughes and Anne Sexton. But I guess that doesn't stay within History..? :confused:
    thats weird. because in my school we can do our extended essays in any subjects even though we dont have it. AS LONG AS it is an IB subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jay21)
    thats weird. because in my school we can do our extended essays in any subjects even though we dont have it. AS LONG AS it is an IB subject.
    Aye, but you still need a teacher who qualifies to supervise you in the subject, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaperCollector)
    To what extent does the coefficient of drag of a given, constant sphere vary when free falling through different substances

physics
    ooo nice subject! thats sort of along the lines of what i want to do... although i was thinking something more along the lines of deceleration of different substances.... yes, im actually starting to get somewhere!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Osmosis)
    Aye, but you still need a teacher who qualifies to supervise you in the subject, right?
    yeah thats right

ReputationRep:
    hi! I've to choose my EE subject and topic until 19.01.2006 and I'm doubting whether to choose History or Polish. Do you know if EE in Polish about literature are considered to be as good as these in e.g History? I don't know if somebody reads EE in Polish in some unis...

ReputationRep:
    you cant compare EE like that you know, because criterias for a good History EE and a Lang A1 EE are very different. You can't say whether an EE in (Polish) lit could be considered "as good as" one in history because EEs are measured against other EEs in the same subject, not across all subjects. You certainly don't get discriminated for the subject of your EE as the examiner who will mark your EE will only mark other EEs of the same subject.

question: Which subject do you *want* to do? That's the important point, that you have to be able to enjoy doing your EE and not think of it as a bother, otherwise you end up doing really badly in it.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, do u have any suggestions on which books i can read that has something to do with social class?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deus)
    Haha :p: +rep for making me laugh. University interviews are generally for students living in the UK, unless it's Oxford or Cambridge.

Hey my bad for not knowing what a uni is i'm from AMERICA!!
    :elefant:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    to what extent does tabloidese feature in broadsheets newspapers in the uk..or something like that i cant remmeber the exact title..for some weird reason by coordinator is soo excited about it..but anyway

ReputationRep:
    topic? :p:

no idea!

ok, i handed in my first full version [pretty pathetic, isn't it?] and i haven't decided upon the specific topic yet..

but it's sth like: differences between the development of tourism in the holiday resorts located along Hel peninsula [POLAND]

ok... it's based on questionnaires and own research [mapping services on a map and so on] - so timetaking!

anyway, it's quite complex - there are differences not only between the towns but also between the opinions due to different ways of perception [sooooo TOK-y ] of inhabitants and tourists..

ugh, geography - my only love

ReputationRep:
    IBitious: that sounds so much like my class' Geog fieldwork project.

ReputationRep:
    our fieldwork was quite similar too... it was about comparing and contrasting two CBDs in my city.

nevertheless, 170 pages was a little 2 many.

anyway, isn't it easier to base your ee on similar area of subject to the previous works?
    easier or not, it works - assuming that my essay is good written , it's topic is for 'a'. according to my teacher's opinion :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    lol 170 pages? what did you put in it? you're only allowed 2500 words. my field work was around 40 pages long, loads of graphs, sketches, maps and diagrams.

I think for Geog things like this - EE and field work, you're guaranteed really good marks if you got loads of primary data and have good graphs/diagram/sketches. my whole class got 7s on our fieldwork, purely on the amount of primary data we got. our analysis was crap, considering the info we did get from our primary data turned out not to do any good to analysing our hypothesis. oh well.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.