Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I did my Individual Study Option, which is similar to EE, abt whether al-Qaeda will survive without Osama bin Laden

ReputationRep:
    Philosophy.

The applicability of moral philosophy in the modern society with a focus on organ transplants for convicted criminals.

I was wondering, are there any philsophy sample EEs out there? I found some Bio and History but w/ Philosophy, no luck =(

ReputationRep:
    HMSChocolate, how about explanations or notes on the graphs?

ReputationRep:
    do they attach themselves to the graph? if they're on the graph thye shouldnt count.

ReputationRep:
    History: What was the extent of the British role in the 1953 coup against Prime Minister Mohammed Mosaddeq of Iran?

It was a hell of a lot of work (at least it was interesting though.. A lot of it is about the CIA, MI6 and covert spying operations such as assassinations), but hopefully I get recognition for it being an original topic that's not in the curriculum..

ReputationRep:
    I did my Spanish B,
    What has been the influence of the Internet on changing spelling and what is the influence of english in online postings and conversationgs, specifically concerning Green Day and Rock/Punk music took me forever, and was really hard but interesting until it came to editing. Never do one in a language that is difficult enough.

ReputationRep:
    my ee is in history:
    how does the evacuation of children during world war two reflect the changing shape of warfare during the two world wars?
    at first my topic was totally a psychology topic, so i got some help from livejournal. thank the lord.

ReputationRep:
    I´m planning on taking my EE in english B, andI was thinking about doing something within culture, like society classes or something, does it sounds like a good idea ? I know that I´ll have to narrow it down but still ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Ljungan)
    I´m planning on taking my EE in english B, andI was thinking about doing something within culture, like society classes or something, does it sounds like a good idea ? I know that I´ll have to narrow it down but still ?
    that was definitely what i was doing from the start, until i couldn't find enough sources for what i wanted to do, and my paper turned into a psych paper.
    why don't you look at american society (mainly in new york) and class (the "400 families" for example) and how it was kept in line by a major class publication like vogue? i don'ttt know, it depends what kind of society and classes you were thinking of doing. i was thinking like, how did social class affect treatment of british children in world war two, like maybe children got left behind if they were poor and sent away only if they could afford it/were worth it, but that wasn't true so i had nothing to talk about.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate I'll defenitely think about it.
    I've been thinking about a lots of thinks but can't really think of HOW I'm gonna be able to manage finding good sources and how to get it to 4000 words But thx for helping me !

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to ask you if you guys know any good book that is interesting and that could be used in an EE ? My teacher said that culture is quite difficult and that Literature might be easier. If you know any good books by some engelish/american writers then, please write them here

Thanks in advance !

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to ask you if you guys know any good book that is interesting and that could be used in an EE ? My teacher said that culture is quite difficult and that Literature might be easier. If you know any good books by some engelish/american writers then, please write them here

Thanks in advance !
    Depends really on the book that you like. Do something that you really like (speaking from bad experience).. The abstract books you can write a lot about but they tend to be the most boring ones. A good post modernist one is Kurt Vonnegut's "slaughterhouse-5". My other favourites in English are Great Gatsby by Fitzgerald and Pygmalion (play) by Shaw. Heart of Darkness by Konrad is good too in term of themes although the reading can be a bit tedious (short book though). Do the books that you like but has a strong sense of themes as well. Of course if there's a film adaptation it would help as well :P

So, my EE title?
    "How does the concentration of Ethanol in Araldite epoxy resin mixture affect its tensile strength?" Why did I do that? Oh yes because too many people did Business and it was full. I was also pretty naive to think science EEs would be straightforward. Should've done something like "Evolution of swearwords" in English.

ReputationRep:
    "How does the concentration of Ethanol in Araldite epoxy resin mixture affect its tensile strength?"
    Is this...Chemistry?? The only word that rings any sort of bell in that list of technical/scientific word is ethanol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMSChocolate)
    Is this...Chemistry?? The only word that rings any sort of bell in that list of technical/scientific word is ethanol
    Haha, yea. It's good old chemistry. Well, good would be too much. It was rather painful really.

During my preliminary tests, I didn't use a fume cupboard and the solvent fumes got to me... (a few alcohols, I think a ketone too) I got home with an awful headache which still lingered a bit the day after that.

When I checked the hazard cards, it says something like this under methanol..
    "infamous for its narcotic effects when inhaled"

Other than that, I also put my sweat and blood into my EE, literaly..
    I had a picture on the final hard copy with a purple blob.. that would be from my sweat. And when I was doing of of the experiments I got rather to aggressive with the stirring rod and I broke that stabbing my finger in the process. There was a class full of grade 11s being taught how to use equipments during that time. Quite tempting at the time to scare them with my bleeding hand. The lab technician just laughed at me and showed his own scars from years of living in the chem lab. What a veteran...

ReputationRep:
    Hmm we are reading Pygmalion right now and I kinda like it, it's just I'm having such bad imagination that I don't know what to write about -_- The thing with coming up with a good question that I can write 4000 words about

We've also read "Flowers for algernon" which was kind of interesting. Cannot come up with a good question though, that's all I need :P

Just have to say as well that a guy told me that "Lord of the flies" would be a good book to use for an extended essay but still, it's this damn question. I've been thinking for something for hours now but cannot come up with anything. Please help !

ReputationRep:
    "The appearance, meaning, and effect of figurative language in Maria Küchen's novels -- and --"

Swedish A2 SL ("Förekomsten, betydelsen och effekten av bildspråk i Maria Küchens Sång till en fjäril och Jag ser mig själv i en stulen spegel")

TURNED IT IN TODAY!

boo yah

ReputationRep:
    Hmm we are reading Pygmalion right now and I kinda like it, it's just I'm having such bad imagination that I don't know what to write about -_- The thing with coming up with a good question that I can write 4000 words about

We've also read "Flowers for algernon" which was kind of interesting. Cannot come up with a good question though, that's all I need :P

Just have to say as well that a guy told me that "Lord of the flies" would be a good book to use for an extended essay but still, it's this damn question. I've been thinking for something for hours now but cannot come up with anything. Please help !
    Hmm, read Lord of the Flies few years ago. Don't really like the plot but the themes would be interesting to discuss. Do something that you really like and interesting to read. You're gonna spend ages researching and writing this thing. Think of your favourite books maybe? Discussing social aspects would be a straightforward thing I guess. Comparative commentary would be more straightforward but it would be pretty boring. Try coming up with a radically different idea.

Strangely, I couldn't come up with anything creative before I started but after I chose a topic, I kept noticing these interesting EE titles Anyone else felt the same?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, this is like my first post here...dont know even if am going to get any replies...but worth a shot..I`m in IB1 and i neeeeed to decide my extended essay topic..guess its got to do something with economics..i wanted to do something like HOW IS INFLATION AFFETED BY INDIVIDUAL DECISIONS?..the thing is i dont even know if that could be a topic and i hav to really narrow it down! someone helpp me..:'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surangana)
    Hey guys, this is like my first post here...dont know even if am going to get any replies...but worth a shot..I`m in IB1 and i neeeeed to decide my extended essay topic..guess its got to do something with economics..i wanted to do something like HOW IS INFLATION AFFETED BY INDIVIDUAL DECISIONS?..the thing is i dont even know if that could be a topic and i hav to really narrow it down! someone helpp me..:'(
    Hey welcome to :tsr2: You're in IB1 and already thinking about essays during this time? That's quite honourable

What's your context? As in inflation in what country? etc.

I don't do econs (I do business though) but I suppose it has to be more specific than that. The more focused the better. I know someone whose title is something like how civil wars have affected the economy of a village. Another one is the effects of France's transition to Euro on the inflation rates. The more specific it is the better I guess because then you have less research to do and your discussions can be much more focused. If your title to vague you might have difficulties gathering data.

An apparently good and focused business one that a teacher suggested is if buying a photocopy machine in an office is good investment. Sounds simple but you can apply appropriate business topics to something like that. Try finding an interesting topic to do.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMSChocolate)
    yes too broad. much much too broad. fractals are beautiful. actually my friend considered doing fractals for her EE but decided it was too hard and changed to cryptography instead.
    oh my gosh, that's exactly what my dilemma is. I really want to do fractals for my essay, but, I can't seem to find a topic, so, I was going to end up doing cryptography. Since our topics are due tomorrow, I'm gonna go ahead and write down my cryptography topic, but, I'm gonna try and find a fractal topic and switch topics here in the next week or so. Do you have any idea of a topic I could do with fractals?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.