Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deadflappin)
    ITGS - do highschool students consider P2P as stealing?
    well i don't but that's me cuz i do it ALL the time.

(Original post by IBStuck)
    what is spanich ab? i only know of HL and SL. SL for me, the native speakers will not even take the Hl test,so i figure it is for good reason.
    its abinitio. it for the IBers who don't have enuff foreign language "experience" in our lives. like umm 1 year of spanish isnt enough to take SL or HL so AB is another form of IB. i think it's more directed towards grammar

ReputationRep:
    basically abinitio is when you start a language from scratch. it's designed for students who are beginner learners or have not had a previous qualification in the language. so basically say, for example, you can't have done GCSE french and do abinitio but if you FAILED you GCSE french you can do it at abinitio. I know someone who did this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whisperedangel014)
    its abinitio. it for the IBers who don't have enuff foreign language "experience" in our lives. like umm 1 year of spanish isnt enough to take SL or HL so AB is another form of IB. i think it's more directed towards grammar
    thanks. if you ever need help with your grammar you can ask.

what would someone normally write an english extended essay on? i have a meeting with my english teacher to decide if that is what i want to do, but i want to be really sure.

ReputationRep:
    thanks. if you ever need help with your grammer you can ask.
    thnx i will sure do that. my teacher is new at this IB stuff so she's taking it easy on us so far. the good thing is that i can take the same class next year and then test out of it:p:

ReputationRep:
    thanks. if you ever need help with your grammer you can ask.
    but not with spelling. grammar* :p: sorry. couldn't resist

what would someone normally write an english extended essay on? i have a meeting with my english teacher to decide if that is what i want to do, but i want to be really sure.
    English A1 or B?

ReputationRep:
    what would someone normally write an english extended essay on?

well im doing my extended essay on english, and ive decided to compare the importance of nature in life with two texts. choosing english for the extended essay means alot of reading, because you need alot of textual references. the first thing i would say you should do is decide on a broad topic in my case i chose nature. then you need to do some research and decide on the text (s) you want to study. with writing an english EE you have two choices; 1. a study of one text originally written in english 2. a comparsison of one text originally written in english and another originally written in another language. I chose the latter. once you have your topic, determine a question that interests you. from then its just alot of research into other fictional and non-fictional texts. It is really important that you plan your EE, otherwise it will be shabby, i finish my IB in December 07, and so im well into writing my EE. A site that i found really helpful while planning my EE is http://www.rism.ac.th/Hs/IB/ee%20guidelines.pdf

I cant wait till i finish in november i hope to get:
    Enlgish HL 6
    Maths SL 6
    Biology HL 7
    Psychology HL 7
    Chemistry SL 5
    French SL 7
    Total 38

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jitz34)
    what would someone normally write an english extended essay on?

well im doing my extended essay on english, and ive decided to compare the importance of nature in life with two texts. choosing english for the extended essay means alot of reading, because you need alot of textual references. the first thing i would say you should do is decide on a broad topic in my case i chose nature. then you need to do some research and decide on the text (s) you want to study. with writing an english EE you have two choices; 1. a study of one text originally written in english 2. a comparsison of one text originally written in english and another originally written in another language. I chose the latter. once you have your topic, determine a question that interests you. from then its just alot of research into other fictional and non-fictional texts. It is really important that you plan your EE, otherwise it will be shabby, i finish my IB in December 07, and so im well into writing my EE. A site that i found really helpful while planning my EE is http://www.rism.ac.th/Hs/IB/ee%20guidelines.pdf
    Actually not necessarily. You are definitely not restricted to just those 2 choices. You can write your English A1 EE on practically anything, as long as your essay is in the english language and it's a literary analysis essay. the text you decide to talk about could have been written originally in whatever language you want, but most often there should be a translated version into english. if you choose to compare 2 texts, you don't have to have either of the texts originally english.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    does anyone know when the extended essays have to be recieved by the ibo?
    march 15? i think.

ours get mailed on the 8th. and i still haven't had my advisor read mine yet because it's not even finished hehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMSChocolate)

English A1 or B?
    what is the difference? i do not understand what the difference are A1, B, and what ever else is ou there.

english might be my first language, but i have never been able to spell anything correctly. the funny thing is i have almost perfect spelling in spanish. if i could talk in spanish all day i would. i like it so much better.

ReputationRep:
    i fixed it.

ReputationRep:
    Mine was in psychology
    "are the recovered memories of child sexual abuse the accurate recollections of past events?"
    thought it would be interesting, but turned out to be terribly borring:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agathae)
    Mine was in psychology
    "are the recovered memories of child sexual abuse the accurate recollections of past events?"
    thought it would be interesting, but turned out to be terribly borring:P
    i'm going to do mine on repression and i wuz actually thinking about that exact same thing but i switched it to how do repressed [unconscious] thought/memories affect conscious actions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hads)

ours get mailed on the 8th. and i still haven't had my advisor read mine yet because it's not even finished hehe.
    Did you manage to finish it on time?

ReputationRep:
    what is the difference? i do not understand what the difference are A1, B, and what ever else is ou there.

english might be my first language, but i have never been able to spell anything correctly. the funny thing is i have almost perfect spelling in spanish. if i could talk in spanish all day i would. i like it so much better.
    huge difference. Lang A1 is literature, Lang B is learning the language as a second language.

ReputationRep:
    huge difference. Lang A1 is literature, Lang B is learning the language as a second language.
    English is my first language so it would have to be lang A1.
    do you know what a normal english A1 topic would be?

ReputationRep:
    English is my first language so it would have to be lang A1.
    do you know what a normal english A1 topic would be?
    Comparative analysis of 2 novels and focusing on a certain specific common theme? Most people tend to do that.

Doing it on aspects of language would be much more interesting in my opinion but I haven't really heard of people doing those.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paradiddle_man)
    Comparative analysis of 2 novels and focusing on a certain specific common theme? Most people tend to do that.

Doing it on aspects of language would be much more interesting in my opinion but I haven't really heard of people doing those.
    usually for A1 they'd want you to focus on literature analysis than language

ReputationRep:
    hey guyz.....i am in IB1 and have to give in the first draft of EE by 20 april. i hae chosen to do my EE in chem(the best supervisor in school is chem teacher ), but have not come up wid any topic that interests me as yet.... all the topics that can be done are in food chem which is too common.... i was wondering if ane1 could help me out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva)
    Did you manage to finish it on time?
    yes i did

ReputationRep:
    hey guys what do you think about testing various cleaners on keyboards? sound like a good ideA?
    thankss
    cheers

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.