Turn on thread page Beta

IB Students: What are your extended essay topics? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beli16)
    hey guys what do you think about testing various cleaners on keyboards? sound like a good ideA?
    thankss
    cheers
    what subject would this be in? personally, i don't think you would have enough to write your EE on it, but it all depends on wut all ur gonna include in it.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys what do you think about testing various cleaners on keyboards? sound like a good ideA?
    thankss
    cheers
    chemistry? even then I agree with whisperedangel. it sounds so trivial and not exactly EE-ish

ReputationRep:
    I need help choosing an EE topic Either ITGS or English A1 :|

ReputationRep:
    okay im startin to panic here. ee rough draft should be handed in 16th april = soon! i wanna write in theatre arts, tho I dont take that (they dont offer it at my school) but anyone got a suggestion to a topic i could choose?

if I cant do theatre arts i wanna write in english a2. ive read angelas ashes and 'tis by frank mccourt and my foremost idea is to base my ee on these books, somethin about the american dream, but i don't know what! my supervisor aint helpin me much so i need to figure somethin out meself.

plz, ideas on theatre arts and/or english a2!!

ReputationRep:
    i think ITGS would be better, IB Seed.. just take up ur school and asses how technology , computers and multimedia stuff could enhance the teaching? otherwise ask your teacher..

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! 1st post

my topic: Freemasonry in Poland during the period 1918 – 1938: what were the reasons of collapse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMSChocolate)
    chemistry? even then I agree with whisperedangel. it sounds so trivial and not exactly EE-ish
    what do u mean by not ee-ish? the subject would b biology...id have different keyboards (5) and test the products by swiping it and growing the bacteria in an incubator..ur comments r appreciated

ReputationRep:
    what do u mean by not ee-ish? the subject would b biology...id have different keyboards (5) and test the products by swiping it and growing the bacteria in an incubator..ur comments r appreciated
    we dont think that you would have that much to write your essay on. this sounds more like a group 4 project.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ok now this sounds a little better. you didn't say you'd be growing bacteria in an incubator in your other post. I think it sounds interesting but whether it's doable...I'm not sure. But I didn't do Biology so you decide.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, this is like my second post.
    im doing my topic on Biology and i goes sumthing like the effect of plant hormones on the rate of growth from asexual reproduction (mainly fragmentation) i really have no idea what to do so im sitting here pretty much twiddling my thumbs. Our Ib cordinator wants a timeline and a bibliography whith some variety of sources by tom! i am so screwed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paradiddle_man)
    Comparative analysis of 2 novels and focusing on a certain specific common theme? Most people tend to do that.

Doing it on aspects of language would be much more interesting in my opinion but I haven't really heard of people doing those.
    thanks.
    what do you mean by "the aspects of the language?"

ReputationRep:
    thankss
    cheers
    Ehhh. You will not score high marks. I was stupid enough to test for content of ascorbic acid in orange juice. It was SOO trivial! So I did an emergency swift and instead studied the kinetics of the reaction between ascorbic acid and oxygen in air. This was a lot more complex than just measuring the content of ascorbic acid in different brands of orange juice, and am now predicted an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisjorg)
    Ehhh. You will not score high marks. I was stupid enough to test for content of ascorbic acid in orange juice. It was SOO trivial! So I did an emergency swift and instead studied the kinetics of the reaction between ascorbic acid and oxygen in air. This was a lot more complex than just measuring the content of ascorbic acid in different brands of orange juice, and am now predicted an A.
    not even with the growing bacteria in incubator?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe, but that was not what he/she stated in the first post.
    You need to look at effects, factors affecting, etc. You need to be able to draw your own conclusions and do actual critical thinking rather than just saying: "God Morgen appelsinjuice has the lowest content of ascorbic acid and therefore gives you less value for your money".
    You should have a hypothesis to confirm or reject, examiners love that.

ReputationRep:
    ^ she added this later. :p:

ReputationRep:
    That's great, but what conclusions can you draw from the test? I doubt it will earn an A if she just concludes that X type was best...

ReputationRep:
    yeah you guys decide. I don't know jack about Bio or Group 4 EE.

ReputationRep:
    okay, here goes my idea for EE in English: comparing the lives of Frank McCourt in "Angela's ashes" and "'Tis" with Sean Connery using for example a written biography. These two people both grew up in poverty on Ireland in the 1930s ----> and both managed to become great names. Though I don't really know what to write about :rolleyes: any ideas on what to focus on?

a girl in 2004 wrote about tom robinson, character in To Kill a Mockingbird and a death-row placed black man in reality. I wish I had written that essay, so I want to write something similar!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMSChocolate)
    yeah you guys decide. I don't know jack about Bio or Group 4 EE.
    as far as i kno from the ppl who are going to do their EE in bio that they have to have sumthing to test which would be what beli16 had in mind but like chrisjorg said it should be more complex than simply stating a hypothesis and proving/disproving it. but then again beli16 you should talk to your coordinator or ur bio teacher more about it cuz they would prolly kno more about it than anyone else [unless considering your one of those poor souls whose school is new to IB]:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    mine was in biology: what would be the impact of nosocomial infections on the cost of healthcare and its components?

btw, nosocomial infections = infections one acquires after getting admitted into the hospital (im explaining it coz a lot of people gave me blank looks when they asked me my ee topic):rolleyes:

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.