Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamir27)
    im in 1st yr of ib, im doing my extended essay in chemistry, my initial aim was to do it in nanochemistry within modern medicine but unfortunately i cant conduct an experiment to collect data and so i would lose many marks, however i am desperately in search for a new area/field of study that i can write my extended essay on
    why couldnt you conduct an experiment? i kno group 4 isnt the same as EE but i did how smoking affects the health of the body [ie measured bp, pulse while they did simple exercises] you could perhaps use that idea but go more in depth?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    okay, so now I've got a new idea, and I hope I'll stick to this one: writing about the humour in a novel. tricky part is to narrow down the question..they have really fúnny names in the book, but can I get 4,000 words simply by writing about their names? Could be something like "The humour of the novel X by author X: an investigation to...WHAT?" plz help!

Is humour overdone?

ReputationRep:
    maybe comparing humour in 2 works? comparison is more interesting

ReputationRep:
    Im quite stuck too. I want to relate my ee somehow to medicine so either doing biology or chem. I have a few ideas in bio but unsure which would be best. My favourite idea is the effect of sleep deprivation on health ( so could look at blood pressure, heart rate etc) What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMSChocolate)
    maybe comparing humour in 2 works? comparison is more interesting
    yeah, thats an idea, thnx!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach_lilgirl)
    Im quite stuck too. I want to relate my ee somehow to medicine so either doing biology or chem. I have a few ideas in bio but unsure which would be best. My favourite idea is the effect of sleep deprivation on health ( so could look at blood pressure, heart rate etc) What do you think?
    thats what i wanted to do originally...but then again..where is the experiment??

ReputationRep:
    hey

ive been thinking about my ee...but i dont know wht topic to do it on.
    its gonna either be in chem or english...chem being my first choice.
    but i have no ideas whtsoever...ny ideas guys??? pls help

ReputationRep:
    Same here... The deadline of finding topic is getting near and I can't think of anything that I'm interest in to write about. I've chosen to write my EE in english B course. Actually I planned to write about something, but it turned out to be impossible since it's not originally related to the english speaking world T-T

Not a spoil actually but don't know other way...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Planned to write bout manga literature. Hurray for me (otaku!)

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of an ITGS EE. So far I have:

To what extent has the rise in wireless networks led to an increase in cybercrime?

I wan't to do something related to wi-fi networks and crime basically..

ReputationRep:
    is it unethical to "borrow" or "steal" or whatever you'd like to call it, someone else's topic for ee? even though you don't actually read the essay, just pick the same topic? I am on the verge of panic here and I've kinda found a topic I'd be interested in. tho someone has already written an ee in that topic.

please, I need a quick answer!

ReputationRep:
    okay I realize now how stupid the question above is...my apologies

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the Extended essay papers for chemistry that IB releases to teachers to help them mark. Please pm me if you have them or anything similar. The samples from our school library are only from students that receive C's probably because they are more biology than chemistry. Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    can anybody give me suggestions for a physics ee?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. I want to do my EE on history, something about Stalin. I am interested in the cult of personality of Stalin, but I have no idea how to formulate it into a question... Should I compare his god-like status to someone, say Lenin? OR should I just concentrate on him, but should I do WHY there was a cult, or how successful it was? ::confused: i'm very confused and any suggestions would be soooo appreciated. Thank you guys!

ReputationRep:
    i am doing my EE in physcis can any one point me in the correct direction..

ReputationRep:
    hey i need some major help...i dont really know what kind of topics fall under A1....i wannna do english and im pretty sure i wnat to do sumfin related to jane austens novel pride and prejudics...im just not sure what i can do....id REALLYLLYLYY appreciate it if sum1 could help me out...cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by araj16)
    hey i need some major help...i dont really know what kind of topics fall under A1....i wannna do english and im pretty sure i wnat to do sumfin related to jane austens novel pride and prejudics...im just not sure what i can do....id REALLYLLYLYY appreciate it if sum1 could help me out...cheers
    honestly and seriously? I'd tell you to avoid Jane Austen like the plague when it comes to considering a book for EE. Seriously. P&P's such a well known book and it's going to be really hard to find a topic that hasn't been combed through before. A lot of people have written about it. Everything you could look at about it has been done before. So you may risk boring the examiner if you write about such a well known and loved classic. I considered doing P&P myself, actually but then I didn't end up doing it for the reason above.

ReputationRep:
    yeah.. seriously i need a topic too.. >< planning to do something in biology..
    is there a way to measure smell? or is that like.. amongst air molecules or smth = ='' gahhh~
    is it too difficult to ee comparing effectivness of chinese herbs to western medicine or something along the line? or is that more chemical (which is ok too, but then can someone give me a hint of what's so chemical about it?)
    also, can anyone give me an idea of the spectrum/depth of this essay?? i really am lost at how much anyone's expected to write. i've heard bio ones that just changes sunlight color and see its affects on plant growth.. all the weay to adding diff ions to water in which tadpoles grow and measure difference in their rate of maturation...!!

ReputationRep:
    I wrote Geography EE - To what extent is the public transport efficiently and popularly used in Poznan, Poland? I recieved B and I hope it'll not be changed by moderators...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marek-t)
    I wrote Geography EE - To what extent is the public transport efficiently and popularly used in Poznan, Poland? I recieved B and I hope it'll not be changed by moderators...
    your EE is NOT moderated it is EXTERNALLY ASSESSED by examiners. Your teacher can only give you a prediction. What your actual mark is is entirely dependant on your examiner!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.